Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New 5 man dungeons loot shouldn't be better than the previous raid tier content?

Hey everyone just wanna hear about your opinions of this matter, do you think it will be a good idea to make all new 5 man dungeons loot equels even if some of them released after the first tier raid content?

In my personal opinion I think it will be a great idea because this will prevent the old tier contents of the expansion get obsolete (not sure how to spell it sorry :P). This will make the players progress and farm old tiers to prepare for the latest raid tier content.

Now some people will say: Hey but if they make all loots equel even for the new 5 man dungeons this mean players will not even bother do them and instead rather do the easy ones the ones that released with the expansion. That may be true but they can solve that by making the new 5 man dungeons have some awesome rewards like mount, pets, achievements, and some unique gimmic loots ( dagger that makes you mind control some mobs for fun and stuff like that).

Discuss please.

Nothing stopping you from doing old content if you want to.
    Old tiers are obsolete as soon as new ones come out, 5mans are irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would say no they shouldn't becasue i personally dont want to have to go back and farm t11 and t12, just to be able to do ds every time i have to replace a new person on my raid team, becasue if rng goes againts you it could take a month to do it, atleast with the new heroics droping 378 gear it doesnt take forever and a half to get a new person geared for ds and back into raiding current content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    Nothing stopping you from doing old content if you want to.
    Old tiers are obsolete as soon as new ones come out, 5mans are irrelevant.
    What I mean is when they make a new 5 man heroic loot is stronger than the previous old raid content or equel to it this will make players either alts or mains farm these new 5 man dungeons loot instead of bothering themselves with the old raid since it's faster and easier to form 5 man grp instead of 10 or 25 man raid grp.

The way it is now provides a clear progression from old heroics, to current 5-man heroics, to LFR, to Normals. Design goal met.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, OP, I think YOU are the ONLY one that should ever get loot. From anywhere. Because you're JUST THAT AWESOME, and you need to be recognized for your awesomeness. People from all over the world should come and gather around you to fawn over you and exclaim over how unique and special you are.

One hundred beautiful virgins should walk in front of you wherever you go, throwing specially grown rose petals on the ground so your feet never touch anything so common as the earth. Because you are INCREDIBLE. And AWESOME. And UNIQUE.

Too much?
    I'd really like to get my Special Snowflake Feat of Strength now. Just because I'm special. - Scummer

They can do the previous tier on heroic if they want upgrades, Rag also drops 384 gear on normal.
    "An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy." -Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    What I mean is when they make a new 5 man heroic loot is stronger than the previous old raid content or equel to it this will make players either alts or mains farm these new 5 man dungeons loot instead of bothering themselves with the old raid since it's faster and easier to form 5 man grp instead of 10 or 25 man raid grp.
    That's the point, though. In addition to adding more five-man progression, they allow alts and new players to gear up for current content more easily. That's on purpose.

I'd like it if it was slightly below like ZA/ZG were 353 and not 359.

It is sort of lame to replace my raid gear (sometimes) with a 5 man piece that is the same ilvl because it has better stats because I, say, value haste>crit or such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    No, OP, I think YOU are the ONLY one that should ever get loot. From anywhere. Because you're JUST THAT AWESOME, and you need to be recognized for your awesomeness. People from all over the world should come and gather around you to fawn over you and exclaim over how unique and special you are.

One hundred beautiful virgins should walk in front of you wherever you go, throwing specially grown rose petals on the ground so your feet never touch anything so common as the earth. Because you are INCREDIBLE. And AWESOME. And UNIQUE.

Too much?
    Have my babies.

It is now the minority who feel anything other than the current raid tier is worth doing. So the design of newer heroics letting you bypass old tiers to get to the current is a good thing. Seems the reason you do not like it is the -exact- reason everyone else does like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new challenge mode concept that MoP is introducing would be a better way of keeping older content from becoming obsolete, rather than forcing people to grind through not only a ton of dungeons but also tons of older raids in order to reach current content. It can be really inconvenient to level an alt and then be forced to run him through 2-3 older tiers in order for him to be helpful to the current tier of raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post

Too much?
    Please I merely state it as an opinion I never said I was right and they should do it... if you can't discuss the matter politly by giving your own opinion stop posting pointless replies please. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neccowafer View Post
    I'd like it if it was slightly below like ZA/ZG were 353 and not 359.

It is sort of lame to replace my raid gear (sometimes) with a 5 man piece that is the same ilvl because it has better stats because I, say, value haste>crit or such.
    An upgrade is an upgrade regardless of source imo. Though I can see where some might feel the way you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Have my babies.
    That would be... difficult.
    I'd really like to get my Special Snowflake Feat of Strength now. Just because I'm special. - Scummer

10+ Year Old Account
    new content is meant to be experienced, new content keeps players from burning out as quickly, new content is interesting and new gear attainable at the 5 man level helps continue the reward cycle keeping players playing. It would make more sense if old content stop dropping gear altogether and those rng nightmare drops become purchasable from a vendor. The old content rewards achievement and gold for nostalgia runs, hell maybe a mount or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone just wanna hear about your opinions of this matter, do you think it will be a good idea to make all new 5 man dungeons loot equels even if some of them released after the first tier raid content?

In my personal opinion I think it will be a great idea because this will prevent the old tier contents of the expansion get obsolete (not sure how to spell it sorry :P). This will make the players progress and farm old tiers to prepare for the latest raid tier content.

Now some people will say: Hey but if they make all loots equel even for the new 5 man dungeons this mean players will not even bother do them and instead rather do the easy ones the ones that released with the expansion. That may be true but they can solve that by making the new 5 man dungeons have some awesome rewards like mount, pets, achievements, and some unique gimmic loots ( dagger that makes you mind control some mobs for fun and stuff like that).

Discuss please.
    Not a good idea. I don't raid. If I follow what you say, once I get the gear the from dungeon in the x.0 version, I can't progress through the patch cycle? ugh, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please I merely state it as an opinion I never said I was right and they should do it... if you can't discuss the matter politly by giving your own opinion stop posting pointless replies please. Thanks
    I"m sorry, I thought that's what I was doing. Would it help if I said "I believe" rather than "I think"?

No, there just need to be more 5mans. and grouped together as wel. i think the BC model was the best. hubs of 3-4 5mans with a central theme/storyline. I leveled from 55-70 with just 5mans and that was awesome to have that option without running the same 5mans over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think it will be a good idea to make all new 5 man dungeons loot equal even if some of them released after the first tier raid content?
    No, I don't think is a good idea. Opening up more paths for progression is better than artificially restricting progression through ideas like this. Like it or not, it's not a personal tragedy for anyone if someone else can get reasonably geared up over the course of an 18-month expansion without having to step foot into a normal/heroic raid.