Poll: Is a Student-Teacher love affair OK?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Even if the student is of legal age when the relationship started, it's still inappropriate in the same way a supervisor/supervisee or other similar relationship is. Sure, it's legal, but there's a certain level of power/domination. Like a professor sleeping with a college student or boss with his up and coming intern.

Minors? That's an easy case, that's right out.

But don't forget the other relationship dynamics as well that can still flag something as inappropriate.

To assume that the thing men want most out of a relationship is sex... is absurd. Maybe if you're 13 and can't think of any other use for a girl, I'd understand... but if you're 20+ then its a ridiculous position to take.

The reason men don't constantly trade in their partners for younger and sexier models is because they want more than sex out of a relationship with a women. If sex was the only reason for a man to interact with a woman... then no man would ever have a long-term relationship and settle down. They'd just hire a prostitute:

1) Faster
    2) More convenient
    3) Cheaper

For example, if the dude in this article was only after sex... he could have done it much better by getting a hooker (no pun intended). It's 2012, and no-strings-attached sex is already extremely easy to get. And if you're fat an ugly, it's STILL easy to get, simply by paying a minor fee for it. Yet men get into more serious relationships all the time. They even get married!

This clearly implies that men are interested in women for more than just sex.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    So if you had a teacher that looked like this in school wanting your payniss you would have politely declined?

i would drag my wiener through a thousand feet of broken glass just to hear her fart through a walkie talkie.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    It's very creepy but people have to remember, guys have two brains.

One in their penis, and one in their skull. Usually the penis brain wins decisions.

And chicks don't? Don't know bout you, but the old idea that all women are incarnations of Mother Teresa was disproven long ago.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    And chicks don't? Don't know bout you, but the old idea that all women are incarnations of Mother Teresa was disproven long ago.
    WTF you talkin bout? Everyone knows women have no interest in sex. The only reason they have sex at all is to appease men!

A girl student is far more likely to experience emotional distress and/or lifelong psychological problems from this than a boy. A boy is likely to get praise from his friends, and actually gain a lot of confidence from the encounter. A girl on the other hand is more likely to have problems dealing with this later in life.
    Actually, from my experience with people being the victim of romantic abuse by much older people than themselves, this is untrue.

I give you two scenarios:
    1: A girl. She goes to school, and has a huge crush on her teacher. She's good looking or just really smart, but she's got one thing that sparks the interest of the teacher: She's young and innocent, but also has developed a nearly adult demeanour in many respects. Her teacher answers her romantic advances, and the two become involved. First, it's all very exciting, but the inexperienced girl takes the relationship much more seriously than the teacher, for whom it is little more than a movement of the hormones. She fell in love with him because he's far more experienced and learnt (both intellectually and sexually) and has a manly figure, true. There might be some unresolved daddy-complex problems there, too, but we all know that an incredible amount of girls have fantasized of having sex with one of their teachers. But she's inexperienced in the ways of sex and relationships, and she wants to out the whole thing, giving hints to her friends (who are all jealous because that teacher is really hot), and she becomes clingy. Chances are, the teacher is married, and on the whole, student-teacher relationships are illegal, especially when it concerns minors. When it concerns adults, the indiscretion can still cause the teacher to be fired.
    Anyway; the teacher feels the heat being turned on, and after a while, he becomes uncomfortable. He used her, and he knows he did.. She's hopelessly in love with him, she's clingy, she's smothering him, and she just doesn't know how to act... She listens purely to her emotional need for romantic gratification, and confuses lust with actual love. After a while, he breaks off the relationship with her.
    The result: She's heartbroken. She finally realizes she's been used. The teacher, who has become her solid rock in the wild waters of the teenager, has abandoned her. She's been used, and it was all about the sex all along. The teacher didn't really care about her at all. He just wanted lusty and adventurous sex with someone young, spry, innocent. She will be heartbroken, will feel abused, and will be romantically scarred for the rest of her life.

2: A boy. He goes to school, and has a huge crush on his teacher. He's good looking or just really smart, but he's got one thing that sparks the interest of the teacher: He's young and innocent, but also has developed a nearly adult demeanour in many respects. His teacher answers his romantic advances, and the two become involved. First, it's all very exciting, but the inexperienced boy takes the relationship much more seriously than the teacher, for whom it is little more than a movement of the hormones. He fell in love with her because she's far more experienced and learnt (both intellectually and sexually) and has a womanly figure, true. There might be some unresolved mommy-complex problems there, too, but we all know that an incredible amount of boys have fantasized of having sex with one of their teachers. But he's inexperienced in the ways of sex and relationships, and he wants to out the whole thing, giving hints to his friends (who are all jealous because that teacher is really hot), and he becomes clingy. Chances are, the teacher is married, and on the whole, student-teacher relationships are illegal, especially when it concerns minors. When it concerns adults, the indiscretion can still cause the teacher to be fired.
    Anyway; the teacher feels the heat being turned on, and after a while, she becomes uncomfortable. She used him, and she knows she did.. He's hopelessly in love with her, he's clingy, he's smothering her, and he just doesn't know how to act... he listens purely to his emotional need for romantic gratification, and confuses lust with actual love. After a while, she breaks off the relationship with him.
    The result: He's heartbroken. He finally realizes he's been used. The teacher, who has become his solid rock in the wild waters of the teenager, has abandoned him. He's been used, and it was all about the sex all along. The teacher didn't really care about him at all. She just wanted lusty and adventurous sex with someone young, spry, innocent. He will be heartbroken, will feel abused, and will be romantically scarred for the rest of his life.

Now tell me why the scenario is different for either sex. The student's motives for entering the relationship are the same. The teacher's motives for entering are the same. The actual relationships are pretty much the same. The only difference is the location of the ovaries.

Still, the poll was lacking. Student-teacher relationships are ALWAYS bad... But the topic concerned two people who were no longer student or teacher, and are both adults. In such a case, it should always be okay for them to answer to their romantic feelings.
    Sure it's douchery to destroy a marriage and leave children in such a situation. But even so, that is still better than cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Drteeth View Post
    i would drag my wiener through a thousand feet of broken glass just to hear her fart through a walkie talkie.
    and i would drag mine an extra thousand just to smell it!!!!

I think its fine. If two people love each other or whatever then leave them be.

Also not surprised at all the "only if the teacher is female" option got 80 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    and i would drag mine an extra thousand just to smell it!!!!

shit this made my day

and i tought this post was a waste of time but definatly getting better with the pages !

and well who cares? its not illegal so let them have there life :|

Hot girl lol.

User infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-03-07 at 06:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    How can you truly love someone and not be true friends with them. How can you have relations with someone that might make childern who would be forever connected by the same parents, and have those parents not be family to each other.
    Good point on the edit, but the rest of your post is so shallow. appearance may matter for attraction's sake, but personality/hygiene is much more important.

So many "pretty" girls i've been acquainted to have had some unbelievably disgusting habits/personalities (not all)

For me I prefer someone clean, that's a pleasure to be around rather than a "bombshell" with limited personality.
    Because you're not physically attracted to him, she can't be?

I don't find Angelina Jolie attractive. Clearly, all the people in the world who drool over her are wanting to make her into a nice pot of stew for supper.
    Well you completely misunderstood what I was trying to say by that. I was saying from a romantic point of view, adding in family/friend love wasn't what I was speaking of. Sorry but anyone who says my views are shallow is an idiot. To love someone in a romantic way you -must- be attracted to them physically. I'm not even saying they have to be typically attractive, but loving someone's personality will make you love their appearance generally. I do not know of a single person who is with someone they don't personally find attractive. It is unheard of.

You say you prefer someone who is clean, a pleasure to be around, etc.. but that in turn makes you physically attracted to them. You could see them walking down the street and not feel any attraction, but once you know them, their personality, and you love them, you will find them physically attractive.

Who is to say Angelina Jolie is the epitome of attractiveness? You have all grossly misunderstood what I was trying to say. So well done on that. Everyone has a different view on what is attractive and what is not. What I am saying is that there is no way (I'm sorry, but there is not) that you can be romantically in love with someone and not find them physically attractive in some way. Even the smallest way. But this guy left his family to be with some young girl, and he doesn't have the looks to back it up. There is something majorly wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by khalypso View Post
    You have all grossly misunderstood what I was trying to say.
    Please, explain it then. I didn't see a whole lot of room for interpretation. You were speaking as if there was no way the girl could be in love with the guy, because there's no way to be in love with someone you're not physically attracted with, and you were not physically attracted to him, therefore she couldn't be either. If I misunderstood you, then I am sorry, but I really don't see how I could have misunderstood what you were saying.

My point was that being unattractive to you doesn't equate to being unattractive to everyone else, hence my comment about Angelina Jolie, which you clung onto. I didn't say she was the epitome of attractiveness. She's just a well-known celebrity whom a lot of people find attractive, making her a good person to illustrate my point. Just because you don't think the man is attractive, doesn't mean she doesn't, and that wouldn't mean something is "mentally wrong with her," as you so quaintly put it.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-03-07 at 10:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    So if you had a teacher that looked like this in school wanting your payniss you would have politely declined?

I mean, I'd hit it.. but, also if she'd meet all the levels there would be no problem. I couldn't give a rats ass regarding those 16-18 year olds that fall in love with fourtyone year old, fat male teachers - I wouldn't want to date those girls anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    That is completely and utterly sexist. I cant believe you people are even saying that. What is wrong with you?
    Welcome to reality.

Problem is that gender-roles still very much exist. A guy of 16-17 officially being abused by a woman? Would you ever admit to it? Aside from the interference in your joyous sex-life (lets not forget that men can't fake orgasms) this would label you forever as a pussy. Fair? No, but the world ain't fair.

This girl has daddy issues or is just attracted to much older men. Or maybe she's rebellious. I'm calling failed parenting here. The article as written gives me the impression that the mother is more concerned about raging against the dude than with her daughter.

It's just much more easy to blame him than herself

the outcome of this poll is really scary

I can understand everyone who says its not ok, I agree on that.
    But I can understand also anyone who says its ok, because, well we're human and it can happen, but a teacher must deal with that appropriately.

but seriously, why is it ok if women are the teachers and its not if the men are? really, thats just scary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Now tell me why the scenario is different for either sex. The student's motives for entering the relationship are the same. The teacher's motives for entering are the same. The actual relationships are pretty much the same. The only difference is the location of the ovaries.
    Sorry to break it to you but the second scenario would never happen like that.

It is far more likely that the female will get attached than the male student. It is also highly unlikely the guy would get attached like that. The female teacher may aslo be doing it for reasons other than sex, unlike male teachers.

The behaviours you and motivations described in the second scenario are not in line with reality. Sorry but women and men are fundamentally different.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    the outcome of this poll is really scary

I can understand everyone who says its not ok, I agree on that.
    But I can understand also anyone who says its ok, because, well we're human and it can happen, but a teacher must deal with that appropriately.

but seriously, why is it ok if women are the teachers and its not if the men are? really, thats just scary
    Because when a man gets above 13 years he can't be abused sexually anymore. From American Pie to South Park the trend is clear. When it happens to a girl its serious shit. When it happens to a guy.... well it ranks close to scoring the nurse who is stomach-pumping you after a drunken spree, so I'd be more inclined to "thump up" him.

I'm willing to bet that most who says how its scary and wrong that it matters whether the teacher is female are hypocrites being politically correct (having other opinions is very scary these days).

Women and men just aren't equal in all things. Genders exist, life ain't fair, men can generally lift more than women, women can't rape men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    Women and men just aren't equal in all things. Genders exist, life ain't fair, men can generally lift more than women, women can't rape men.
    Women can rape men, most men just won't admit to it. Genders exist, but genders should also be treated equally. They aren't equal in all things yet, but they should be.

Deleted
    I would say... good for that guy to score a young one, even if he doesn't look like much he must have something that gets this fine bitch to the yard (milkshakes?).