View Poll Results: Is a Student-Teacher love affair OK?

Voters
456. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's ok if the teacher is FEMALE

    87 19.08%
  • It's ok if the teacher is MALE

    2 0.44%
  • It is ALWAYS ok

    175 38.38%
  • It is NEVER ok

    192 42.11%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #281
    Its creepy, but not illegal. It was definitely immoral for him to leave his wife and kids. Guy is definitely a sicko.

    I think its wrong for someone that old to go after a girl so young. And, how in the hell is she attracted to him?

  2. #282
    What, no one made a joke about the ABC news video saying that, "... and Hooker was her business class teacher." Guess my humour is a little sketchy at best.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereth View Post
    This is directed at most of the "it's not ok if the older one is female!" people.



    It is women who, in our culture, tend to have their reputation ruined from having sex ("slut" etc). It is this cultural based damage that is the main issue brought up with 'inappropriate' relationships.

    Men do not suffer this stigma, even if it is a young (18-20) year old with a older (say, 40) woman in a position of authority.

    Without the stigma saying "sex is bad" on a male, either in their heads or in the heads of those around them, it is much more difficult for them to be adversely effected by a sexual relationship that might have made a female feel used/ruin self esteem/ruin reputation.

    And we don't really consider the older one in the position of authority to be harmed anyway regardless of gender.

    So yes, it's more OK (barring damages from the relationship emotionally interfering with professional judgement etc) if the young one is a male.

    Please separate sexism out from simple truth in your head, or you will hold yourself and the people around you back.
    Ding Ding Ding, give this person a cookie. I could not have said it better myself, no really, I couldnt.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-05 at 01:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I wasn't aware that it was that simple. Funny how I have yet to experience my dick winning the argument.
    Masturbation says "Hi"

  4. #284
    Titan smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    13,762
    Provided that nothing illegal happened(ie: sexual contact when she was <18) then I don't really care. 18-year-olds are legal adults, if they wanna sleep with their teacher, that's their right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    The most accurate history of the USSR ever.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  5. #285
    There are certain things you don't do, and what this "Man" did is one of them. And by the way, what's going on here is nothing close to love. I'd speculate (NOT stating facts) that this relationship was more about fulfilling their fantasies than actual love. This guy should have had the balls to first of all, not entertain those thoughts when he noticed "Oh man, I'm attracted to this girl", let alone leave his children and wife for this. Regardless of the legality or the issue, and regardless if they "love" each other or not, he never should have allowed those feelings to come to this point. Now his family has to pay the price, and there is absolutely no excuse for that. He abandoned his responsibility to his wife and his family for his own sake. I'd hardly call him a man at all.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    You can't speak for every man out there. You also can't say that every man feels that way. That itself is ignorant. I'll tell you a story, that is behind my comment.

    My gran and grandad were 10 years apart from each other in age (my gran was older). They meet when my grandad was 22 years old and had 5 kids together. Later when my granddad was 62, my gran died from an illness. My grandad since then has not even been on a date or even looked for another woman. He loved my gran so much, he doesn't want anyone but her ( despite us telling him, that gran would want him to move on and be happy again). To this day he still isn't with anyone else and is happy and content in knowing that he will be with my gran again someday. Until then he remains single and devoted.

    It's kind of a sad love story. But it just shows, that there is true love out there and men aren't all sex driven dogs, looking or wanting a younger woman. Some men are happy with their wives and have no desire to find someone younger.
    If you re-read my post, I didn't say "ALL MAN GO AND TAKE A YOUNGER WOMAN!".
    There is a simple issue of reading comprehension, the point I tried to put across, is not that all men will go and take more than one woman. The point is all men, at one point or another, desire another woman. Some take the risk and go for it, some don't. If you call that a generalization, well, I don't know how to help you there.

    Your grandfather didn't. Does that mean he never looked at another woman and thought about having sex with her? I doubt it unless he was neutered (No disrespect intended towards your grandfather, just making a point)

    As I said, thinking a man wont desire another woman is simply self-delusional wishful thinking. Yet it doesn't mean a man will actually take the chances. Every time you're walking down the street and your man looks at a woman's body, he goes through the simple mental image.

    You can call it a generalization, but doing so is like stating "All humans have a brain" is a generalization too.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    If you re-read my post, I didn't say "ALL MAN GO AND TAKE A YOUNGER WOMAN!"..

    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Men all want a younger woman, at some point or another. Some go for it, some don't. But they all have the desire.
    I also did not imply that you said all men "go and take" younger woman. But you did say you seem to know what EVERY man is thinking. That alone is ignorant enough. You can only ever speak for yourself, not others...It was never about thinking of another woman. It was the comment-
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    all of us want to trade-in for a newer model.
    You cant say that you know every mans wants and desires in life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Men are conquerors. Some take risks, some don't, but all of us want to trade-in for a newer model.
    I would think "conquering" would be staying married for several years to the same woman, having kids, and going through the normal troubles of marriage. Not taking the easy road and giving in to temptation.

    "Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups"
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2012-03-05 at 01:36 PM.

  8. #288
    Even if the student is of legal age when the relationship started, it's still inappropriate in the same way a supervisor/supervisee or other similar relationship is. Sure, it's legal, but there's a certain level of power/domination. Like a professor sleeping with a college student or boss with his up and coming intern.

    Minors? That's an easy case, that's right out.

    But don't forget the other relationship dynamics as well that can still flag something as inappropriate.

  9. #289
    To assume that the thing men want most out of a relationship is sex... is absurd. Maybe if you're 13 and can't think of any other use for a girl, I'd understand... but if you're 20+ then its a ridiculous position to take.

    The reason men don't constantly trade in their partners for younger and sexier models is because they want more than sex out of a relationship with a women. If sex was the only reason for a man to interact with a woman... then no man would ever have a long-term relationship and settle down. They'd just hire a prostitute:

    1) Faster
    2) More convenient
    3) Cheaper

    For example, if the dude in this article was only after sex... he could have done it much better by getting a hooker (no pun intended). It's 2012, and no-strings-attached sex is already extremely easy to get. And if you're fat an ugly, it's STILL easy to get, simply by paying a minor fee for it. Yet men get into more serious relationships all the time. They even get married!

    This clearly implies that men are interested in women for more than just sex.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    So if you had a teacher that looked like this in school wanting your payniss you would have politely declined?

    i would drag my wiener through a thousand feet of broken glass just to hear her fart through a walkie talkie.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    It's very creepy but people have to remember, guys have two brains.

    One in their penis, and one in their skull. Usually the penis brain wins decisions.

    And chicks don't? Don't know bout you, but the old idea that all women are incarnations of Mother Teresa was disproven long ago.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

  12. #292
    The age gap is what makes it creepy to me. 23 years is significant. However, they're both adults. If nothing illegal took place then people should mind their own business.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    And chicks don't? Don't know bout you, but the old idea that all women are incarnations of Mother Teresa was disproven long ago.
    WTF you talkin bout? Everyone knows women have no interest in sex. The only reason they have sex at all is to appease men!

  14. #294
    A girl student is far more likely to experience emotional distress and/or lifelong psychological problems from this than a boy. A boy is likely to get praise from his friends, and actually gain a lot of confidence from the encounter. A girl on the other hand is more likely to have problems dealing with this later in life.
    Actually, from my experience with people being the victim of romantic abuse by much older people than themselves, this is untrue.

    I give you two scenarios:
    1: A girl. She goes to school, and has a huge crush on her teacher. She's good looking or just really smart, but she's got one thing that sparks the interest of the teacher: She's young and innocent, but also has developed a nearly adult demeanour in many respects. Her teacher answers her romantic advances, and the two become involved. First, it's all very exciting, but the inexperienced girl takes the relationship much more seriously than the teacher, for whom it is little more than a movement of the hormones. She fell in love with him because he's far more experienced and learnt (both intellectually and sexually) and has a manly figure, true. There might be some unresolved daddy-complex problems there, too, but we all know that an incredible amount of girls have fantasized of having sex with one of their teachers. But she's inexperienced in the ways of sex and relationships, and she wants to out the whole thing, giving hints to her friends (who are all jealous because that teacher is really hot), and she becomes clingy. Chances are, the teacher is married, and on the whole, student-teacher relationships are illegal, especially when it concerns minors. When it concerns adults, the indiscretion can still cause the teacher to be fired.
    Anyway; the teacher feels the heat being turned on, and after a while, he becomes uncomfortable. He used her, and he knows he did.. She's hopelessly in love with him, she's clingy, she's smothering him, and she just doesn't know how to act... She listens purely to her emotional need for romantic gratification, and confuses lust with actual love. After a while, he breaks off the relationship with her.
    The result: She's heartbroken. She finally realizes she's been used. The teacher, who has become her solid rock in the wild waters of the teenager, has abandoned her. She's been used, and it was all about the sex all along. The teacher didn't really care about her at all. He just wanted lusty and adventurous sex with someone young, spry, innocent. She will be heartbroken, will feel abused, and will be romantically scarred for the rest of her life.

    2: A boy. He goes to school, and has a huge crush on his teacher. He's good looking or just really smart, but he's got one thing that sparks the interest of the teacher: He's young and innocent, but also has developed a nearly adult demeanour in many respects. His teacher answers his romantic advances, and the two become involved. First, it's all very exciting, but the inexperienced boy takes the relationship much more seriously than the teacher, for whom it is little more than a movement of the hormones. He fell in love with her because she's far more experienced and learnt (both intellectually and sexually) and has a womanly figure, true. There might be some unresolved mommy-complex problems there, too, but we all know that an incredible amount of boys have fantasized of having sex with one of their teachers. But he's inexperienced in the ways of sex and relationships, and he wants to out the whole thing, giving hints to his friends (who are all jealous because that teacher is really hot), and he becomes clingy. Chances are, the teacher is married, and on the whole, student-teacher relationships are illegal, especially when it concerns minors. When it concerns adults, the indiscretion can still cause the teacher to be fired.
    Anyway; the teacher feels the heat being turned on, and after a while, she becomes uncomfortable. She used him, and she knows she did.. He's hopelessly in love with her, he's clingy, he's smothering her, and he just doesn't know how to act... he listens purely to his emotional need for romantic gratification, and confuses lust with actual love. After a while, she breaks off the relationship with him.
    The result: He's heartbroken. He finally realizes he's been used. The teacher, who has become his solid rock in the wild waters of the teenager, has abandoned him. He's been used, and it was all about the sex all along. The teacher didn't really care about him at all. She just wanted lusty and adventurous sex with someone young, spry, innocent. He will be heartbroken, will feel abused, and will be romantically scarred for the rest of his life.

    Now tell me why the scenario is different for either sex. The student's motives for entering the relationship are the same. The teacher's motives for entering are the same. The actual relationships are pretty much the same. The only difference is the location of the ovaries.

    Still, the poll was lacking. Student-teacher relationships are ALWAYS bad... But the topic concerned two people who were no longer student or teacher, and are both adults. In such a case, it should always be okay for them to answer to their romantic feelings.
    Sure it's douchery to destroy a marriage and leave children in such a situation. But even so, that is still better than cheating.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Drteeth View Post
    i would drag my wiener through a thousand feet of broken glass just to hear her fart through a walkie talkie.
    and i would drag mine an extra thousand just to smell it!!!!

  16. #296
    I think its fine. If two people love each other or whatever then leave them be.

    Also not surprised at all the "only if the teacher is female" option got 80 votes.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    and i would drag mine an extra thousand just to smell it!!!!

    shit this made my day

    and i tought this post was a waste of time but definatly getting better with the pages !



    and well who cares? its not illegal so let them have there life :|

  18. #298
    High Overlord Babytaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    198
    Hot girl lol.

    User infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-03-07 at 06:39 AM.

  19. #299
    High Overlord khalypso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    How can you truly love someone and not be true friends with them. How can you have relations with someone that might make childern who would be forever connected by the same parents, and have those parents not be family to each other.
    Good point on the edit, but the rest of your post is so shallow. appearance may matter for attraction's sake, but personality/hygiene is much more important.

    So many "pretty" girls i've been acquainted to have had some unbelievably disgusting habits/personalities (not all)

    For me I prefer someone clean, that's a pleasure to be around rather than a "bombshell" with limited personality.
    Because you're not physically attracted to him, she can't be?

    I don't find Angelina Jolie attractive. Clearly, all the people in the world who drool over her are wanting to make her into a nice pot of stew for supper.
    Well you completely misunderstood what I was trying to say by that. I was saying from a romantic point of view, adding in family/friend love wasn't what I was speaking of. Sorry but anyone who says my views are shallow is an idiot. To love someone in a romantic way you -must- be attracted to them physically. I'm not even saying they have to be typically attractive, but loving someone's personality will make you love their appearance generally. I do not know of a single person who is with someone they don't personally find attractive. It is unheard of.

    You say you prefer someone who is clean, a pleasure to be around, etc.. but that in turn makes you physically attracted to them. You could see them walking down the street and not feel any attraction, but once you know them, their personality, and you love them, you will find them physically attractive.

    Who is to say Angelina Jolie is the epitome of attractiveness? You have all grossly misunderstood what I was trying to say. So well done on that. Everyone has a different view on what is attractive and what is not. What I am saying is that there is no way (I'm sorry, but there is not) that you can be romantically in love with someone and not find them physically attractive in some way. Even the smallest way. But this guy left his family to be with some young girl, and he doesn't have the looks to back it up. There is something majorly wrong here.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by khalypso View Post
    You have all grossly misunderstood what I was trying to say.
    Please, explain it then. I didn't see a whole lot of room for interpretation. You were speaking as if there was no way the girl could be in love with the guy, because there's no way to be in love with someone you're not physically attracted with, and you were not physically attracted to him, therefore she couldn't be either. If I misunderstood you, then I am sorry, but I really don't see how I could have misunderstood what you were saying.

    My point was that being unattractive to you doesn't equate to being unattractive to everyone else, hence my comment about Angelina Jolie, which you clung onto. I didn't say she was the epitome of attractiveness. She's just a well-known celebrity whom a lot of people find attractive, making her a good person to illustrate my point. Just because you don't think the man is attractive, doesn't mean she doesn't, and that wouldn't mean something is "mentally wrong with her," as you so quaintly put it.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-03-07 at 10:28 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •