Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    But why don't you just leave the game, if you're not having fun?

If it's a ranked game. Don't surrender. I can count atleast 5 instances in which we won just because someone, or especially if a duo, disconnected from the game. Since the last patch you dont know if someone DC'd for 5 mins but you can still tell. If they're not around, push and win. GG.
    Signature by Tacy :]

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While you might not win in these scenarios with a favorable percentage, you can actually win games you appear to be losing more often than not.

What typically happens is you have people on your team who instantly give up right around the 20 minute mark if your team is moderately behind. Your team will complain that you stopped the surrender vote from going through but you can ask them to thank you later, and be incredibly smug about it.

If so inclined the other team with their massive apparent advantage could have probably ended the game. Why didn't they? Because they just like farming people. Too often do you find people in this game that run off and push a massive creep wave for gold so they can buy items when they literally could have pushed and won the fucking game. My last game 2 people branched off to kill creeps, get buffs and item while the other 3 pushed the middle killing everything. We would have won just then but didn't have the damage to kill the final building =/

Basically you have tons of the above people playing the game. If you recognize this you can use it to your advantage. A lot of the time you're losing because some squishy carries are getting fed. Your team has always been better in team battles but because it's early, frustration sets in, you die and people just want to quit.

Rambling a lot but yeah. People grow over confident and make really stupid mistakes when they see that you surrender. I see a lot of people do things they shouldn't be doing when they have huge bounties. Your team 'magically' starts working and you end up wiping their entire team and get massive gold. From that point it's a snowball and you end up winning because your team composition was better late game all along and their team failed to capitalize on their advantage by being those 'players' I detailed above.

The end objective is killing that last building. A lot of people forget that. It's not an RPG game where you farm up your character and can keep him between games =/

We had a game last night where we had like 8 kills and they had 26. My friend and I were doing well but our team was feeding and tried to surrender. The other team was so busy shit talking that we started getting a few kills while others were playing so careless because of their ASSURED victory that we ended up winning the next 2/3 team battles, with the last being net neutral. Became apparent at that point that our team comp meshed better than theirs and our kills grew up to 25 to their 30. Aced them when they tried baron and we won the game. Essentially my friend and I won the game by simply not giving up.

I will never surrender in a game unless we are losing terribly and I physically have to go very soon. Same with WoW. Won too many BGs and arenas when teams grow complacent and start fucking around. 95% of games (at least in normal) will have teams that try to fuck around and get as high K to D ratio as possible before finishing you off. Those are the games you should stick around because it's possible to turn them around. You won't have a chance to turn it around on no non-sense teams because they will just stay focused and win the game.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2012-03-03 at 10:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Konoz View Post
    Once we where pushed back in our base i played kayle and my friend xin shao. They attack us with baron buff but they attack xin. I used my ulti (shielding him from any dmg for 2.5 sec). We aced them. We ran straight to there base. Just me and my friend. Got down 1 tower + inhibiter then he ran to there nexus ignoring the 2 towers (we where lvl 18). It was at 50 % hp whene the rest of the team spawned back. I shielded him again for 2.5sec and he finished it.
    dont want to break that story but ... you cannot attack the nexus at all when any of the two towers in front of it is still alive, so just made up story.

i myself prefer to surrender at 20min instead of trying to win at 60min.

If I see a glint of hope I often vote no. Like if minions are pushing a lane and I have teleport, we'll keep the enemy busy at the inhibitors and then I'll poof over and start downing their turrets. One time I got all the way to their inner turrets with Sivir and her Ult. We ended up barely turning it around. Other times I vote no because I have a plan to steal Baron. (Worked with Zigg's ult and Rumble's ult and we managed to turn it around.)

Other times I'm just having fun and don't wanna give up. Other times the enemy is inches from destroying the Nexus. Might as well let them destroy it rather than not letting them have the satisfactory of actually physically winning.

Sometimes people do it to piss others off. But a lot of the time, its because the game is so unpredictable. One minute you are fighting to keep minions off your Nexus, the next you've aced the enemy team, took 3 towers, an inhibitor, and their Nexus.

I've had something like that happen quite a few times, both for my team and against my team.

Deleted
    I don't really play LoL but I do play HoN (pretty much the same thing but made by another company). I often refuse to surrender unless it's really really obvious that we are going to lose and we are just being slaughtered by the enemy team. But even then I have turned around a lot of games when it looked like a complete defeat, by turtling in the base building up our strength, getting a nice gank on them to then counter-push their base.

Most of the times I find myself in this kind of situation is also when the enemy team has a lot more early game heroes than we do, our late game heroes will easily deal with them if we just hold out long enough.

If my team is terrible I refuse to surrender. They wasted my time by quing ill waste their time by not surrendering. Besides underdog is kind of fun sometimes. Ive made more then a few unbelievable comebacks and wouldn't trade them for anything.

From what Ive seen the vast majority of people just want the extra 5 ip it gives when you don't surrender. But usually its just not fun waiting around getting aced over and over again so I usually just try to end it asap , unless im with my friends and not a random i like to go down in style >.> ( race to they're spawning pool )
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post

He is a god, and should not have to associate with lower class citizens, for his valor points, I mean thats ALL he could be there for, he obviously doesnt need gear, so blizzard should just credit his account with 500 VP a week, for his troubles

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtiiina View Post
    I admit I'm not the best player ever as I'm still new and learning, but I see it all the time. I'll be on a team where we're absolutely being destroyed. A half hour in and they're up by our base and we've only taken down 1 of their turrets and they have 3 times as many kills as us, and yet someone on our team repeatedly denies the surrender.. Is it a pride thing or do they just genuinely enjoy wasting peoples time? I mean when you're being outplayed that bad there's really no chance of coming back unless someone on the other team DC's or something..
    us
    Or is there some kind of penalty for surrendering that I don't know of?
    'cus you never know when you can turn it around completely in just seconds. Done it before. Plus you get more points for not surrendering.

depends, i'd rather be out of the game too, but if someone's been a dick the whole time in team chat i have no problems making them rage for the remainder of the game.

they are refusing to surrender, because they are naive, stubborn and with some ill-pride thing

it is a waste of time to base-hug for another 20-30 min

I won 377 and lost 364 games in ranked, and only in 2 cases I managed to win from all 3 inhibitors in one time destroyed and theese games last +60 min long and boring, and I was not satisfied even I won that games

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Mmmaybe "Man, this is going to be tough," and "There's absolutely no way," aren't the same thing. Maybe.
    Pretty much this.

There is a difference. There is a point where fun has ceased and you're just waiting to lose, and that's what surrender is for. Sometimes the chances of winning are so slim that it's better to just move on to the next game.

Seriously. A lot of you are saying "NEVER SURRENDER OMG", but really, if this were WoW would you keep fighting against a completely twinked out character on your random alt in nothing? Yeah, you have a chance of winning, but it's pretty damn low. Better to just move on with your life.

Deleted
    I normally hate the lets surrender at 20 minutes people when you a few kills behind or they have one person getting fed. As I play normals the teams can be very weirdly made up. I seen countless games where one side is all ranged vs a melee team and the ranged lot seemed to be onto a easy victory before the melee get tanky and then just splat them and win the game.
    I have also been known to not refuse as it's still practise for playing the champion I'm playing and I want to make the person/people who have fed badly wait before going onto the next game.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    NEVER REATREAT, NEVER SURRENDER!

Just had a game a few days ago. We were about to lose, mid inhi down, 3 of our team got caught and destroyed. Free baron for them, then nexus towers down. But they chase me to the fountain and pewpew yellow lazor gave me quadra. And believe it or not someone of them called a surrender vote, probably for the lulz. But they instantly voted YES! And surrendered 4 to 1. Oh, the chat has expoded. Was entertaining, yeah.

And it just pisses me off when the enemy team surrenders at 20. Takes away all the fun. It's even more stupid if their team has much better latgame and ours early game. Sure, it's nice to win but it's so boring.

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    Seriously. A lot of you are saying "NEVER SURRENDER OMG", but really, if this were WoW would you keep fighting against a completely twinked out character on your random alt in nothing? Yeah, you have a chance of winning, but it's pretty damn low. Better to just move on with your life.
    Except this IS NOT wow. Apart from runes and masteries you can farm as long as your nexus is standing and improve your gear. In wow you are stuck with the same stats for the whole BG, yeah that sucks. And even apart from the outfarming the enemy, moba games have plenty of strats to win, backdoor for example.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    Except this IS NOT wow. Apart from runes and masteries you can farm as long as your nexus is standing and improve your gear. In wow you are stuck with the same stats for the whole BG, yeah that sucks. And even apart from the outfarming the enemy, moba games have plenty of strats to win, backdoor for example.
    Backdoor only works if you have a champ on your team that's fast and can get in and out before the enemy team notices. I try to backdoor when we are losing, but unless I'm playing Yi, the other champs I normally play are just too slow and half the team gives up their push to come get me before I even get the turret to half health.

10+ Year Old Account
    if its my team mates causing the game to go horrible i press no. they dug their grave let them lye in it.

most of the time its kids greifing and ill just press no. makes them angry failing the vote.

If I insist on a premature surrender, it is usually not because I don't realize there is still a chance to win even when outmatched, but I would rather not continue playing with the team I am stuck with at that moment.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    i've played a game with 2 leavers since the start and we won it...3v5 and we won it...and with huge advantage at score...since that game i dont really like the surrender option...

Had so many games with people like that. Refuses to surrender, even when they've fed like a dog eating (fat dog yes). Cant get enough. Seriously tho, why pps wont surr when our inner towers are down and 1 nexus tower is down, I dont know. I want to know, but if your team is alike in towers/stats/drag kills/ baron, its EVEN. I kinda hate those who just wont surrender.
    My last game, top solo gp vs garen. I dominated garen, and botlane fed corki and sona. Kassa got stomped by taric mid (delete the gams dude). We lost the game, I had 7/2, and vayne had 2/11 with like 50 minions after 20+min. How can you be that bad? vs a ranked metagem ? This was normal, but god....

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fpmojo View Post
    i've played a game with 2 leavers since the start and we won it...3v5 and we won it...and with huge advantage at score...since that game i dont really like the surrender option...
    I love that, when 1 or 2 afks and we win, then he'll be reported and banned. Like last game as Teemo, 4v5. Dominated their team without trying. Poor tirstana..had 3/17 or something. They still refused to surrender.