1 healer, 1 dps in 2v2 Arena: Go for Heals or DPS first?

Just wondering if there's a pretty reliable answer to the question. I'll give multiple circumstances to help in answering: Double DPS vs 1 heal, 1 dps; 1 heal, 1 dps vs 1 heal, dps. Break it down by healing class, don't worry about the dps partner specifically as I know situations always change in 2v2 arena specifically and there are always comps that are just far more OP than others. But in general, is the rule to push hard on the healer or the dps or does it depend on the healing class?

And I also know afflic lock and other classes focus on dotting both and bringing both opponents down at the same time, so answer more in terms of when trying to nuke out of the gate or at least who to go for when cds are blown.

Or if this is an irrelevant question and there is never a normal answer and the situation needs to be addressed as it happens then let me know that as well, but I guess I'm hoping for what an optimal game plan is beforehand for a healer/dps combo in 2s.

Healer vs DPS you generally want to tunnel a healer while there DPS tunnels your healer. Its your job to get the kill first, as a DK atleast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your comp and your opponents comp - if your comp has spammable CC(mages, warlocks, druids) or your dps is un-peelable (unholy dks, frost mages, hunters, etc) then go for their healer and control their dps. If their comp has spammable CC then it may be best to hide and sit on their DPS when they aggress. If your comp is double dps - pick the squishiest target preferably without a big defensive cooldown (bubble, dispersion, etc) and blow everything asap. If their comp is double dps - have your squishiest target not dismount and just kite as long as possible while your tougher target engages with snares and CC to divide them up and burn their cooldowns, they will either spread damage or end up behind on cooldowns trying to get to their target (or swap to your tougher but available target, which is to your advantage).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

What are you playing? That makes a huge difference. And it varies based on what you're fighting. I play enhance/disc, and I never go for healers. But, say, if I was playing dk/hpally, I would almost always go for healers. Generally I'd say it's easier to CC healers and kill DPS, but again, it's wholly dependent on what you're playing and what the enemy team is playing.

Depends. Generally nuke druids, priests and shaman when im playing double DPS as Enhance and one other. If there is a paladin we nuke his DPS and try and force him to burn his mana pool asap
    RETH

You can't base your decision on heal or dps right out of the gate. Playing the game like that puts you in possibly the worst position possible. Your team's strat should be determined by your strengths, your opponents weaknesses and everyones positioning.

@the guy who said tunnel the healer while they tunnel yours; do you really play without peeling, swapping or doing anything else? If so, what godmode comp do you play? I would love to run that comp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative View Post
    You can't base your decision on heal or dps right out of the gate. Playing the game like that puts you in possibly the worst position possible. Your team's strat should be determined by your strengths, your opponents weaknesses and everyones positioning.

@the guy who said tunnel the healer while they tunnel yours; do you really play without peeling, swapping or doing anything else? If so, what godmode comp do you play? I would love to run that comp.
    Unholy DK/Holy Paladin very probably, that's how that comp works.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Depends on your setup and the one of your opponents. When confronted with a Resto druid the choice is clear though.

Depends on setup. As lock/sham you're going for whatever is low on hp, as rogue/priest you're most likely to kill dps in a heavy cc chain on healer, as priest/mage you're likely to kill dps but can eventually try healer, as unholy/pala you're training healer day to night. Besides it depends on healer class too, trying to kill pala as rogue is like beating on the wall, trying to go for another priest can work pretty well with minor assist. Anyway you'd better ask a specific question.

depends

one what classes they are, what comp you are, etc etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Depends on setup. As lock/sham you're going for whatever is low on hp, as rogue/priest you're most likely to kill dps in a heavy cc chain on healer, as priest/mage you're likely to kill dps but can eventually try healer, as unholy/pala you're training healer day to night. Besides it depends on healer class too, trying to kill pala as rogue is like beating on the wall, trying to go for another priest can work pretty well with minor assist. Anyway you'd better ask a specific question.
    Good rogue can kill good paladin

As a Warrior, whenever I see a Lock I'm like OMFG free win

Then again, I play at low ratings

Most of the times I play double dps so we zerg the healer unless it's a Holy Pally. Generally anytime it's H-Pall with DK or Warrior you aren't going to win unless you get a kill in the opening burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends on...everything...

this forum is the WORST place to get advice on arena pvp. so much mis-information.

go to warcraft movies and check out some high level players who play the comp you're running imo...or grab some skill capped instructionals. something from someone who you know knows wtf they're talking about.