Why is Warsong Gulch beter than Twin Paeks

Kind of similar Battleground sryle

Take Flag & run it to the end

I have had Many epic games (with the Alliance) in Warsong Gulch.

Not so many, hardly any in Twin peaks.

Is Twin Peaks Horde favored ?

It certainly doesnt provide the Buzz like winning in Warsong Gulch

Because heroic leap is (used to be?) a freaking nightmare on the slighly upwards alliance side.
    Other thene that, I'm not to fuzed about it.

Deleted
    I hate both of them, but yes i too prefer WSG, maybe its like in FPS, when you are used to one map, when they introduce you to a new one you usually likes the old one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalnophis View Post
    I hate both of them, but yes i too prefer WSG, maybe its like in FPS, when you are used to one map, when they introduce you to a new one you usually likes the old one
    It's harder to run flags in Twin Peaks, I think. Horde almost always seem to go one way, same with Alliance. In WSG, you can go graveyard side, ramp side, or straight down the tunnel.

Edit: Yes, I prefer WSG to TP as well.

I prefer TP, but only because on engi rogue I can cap in about 30 seconds.

Take the flag, rocket boosts off the top of the alliance ramp and parachute, landing over the bridge in the middle, sprint around to the left picking up the restoration buff if it's there, prep and sprint (if needed) across the water and cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post

Take the flag, rocket boosts off the top of the alliance ramp and parachute, landing over the bridge in the middle, sprint around to the left picking up the restoration buff if it's there, prep and sprint (if needed) across the water and cap.
    Right, because you totally can rocket boosts with the flag. If you're going to make up stories, at least make it believable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post

Right, because you don't loose the flag when ever you use the rocketboots, gj hypocrite.

OT; I enjoy both, especially since the CTF model is my favorite.
    Last edited by vian; 2012-03-16 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Warsong because there's a faction you can get reputation at

Sorry I'm not capable of explaining your own opinions to you.
    "An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy." -Varok Saurfang

Deleted
    I like both but prefer wsg because there's no water or places you can get knocked off the map

10+ Year Old Account
    I love them both, but its becasue twin peaks is biasd towards horde (im ally) beacsue not only is it harder for warriors to be flag carriers, but the water in teh horde base means itss much much slower for us to cap the flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

I like em both, but I personally do not like the fact that the horde have an entrance deep in water where the alliance does not, kinda makes an imbalance unless you have water walking of some sort. Nothing to major though. And I do like MCing horde flag carriers off the edge when they go by the waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    Pretty sure the yellow asterix speedboosts work with parachute? Well w/e, atleast goblinjump&disengage do the trick!

10+ Year Old Account
    I much prefer TP.

There are so many more paths to take and less places to hide. I have never liked WSG's flag room design and think it helps promote turtles.

However, I really do not like the fact that alliance, imo, have a disadvantage. I have played both sides and much prefer the Horde side. No idea why they thought it was a good idea to make the two sides so different. I still prefer it over WSG though. Seems like every other WSG is a turtle and TPs not nearly as often.

I also think Gilneas favors Horde too. With my DK I can get to WW so freaking fast.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-03-16 at 04:37 PM.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account

Um I dont think it is biased at all... We Horde have to cross water aswell as the Alliance... and then we either have to run all the way around a big lake or swiim through it sooo, Also there just typical routes but you can do the through the middle also...

PS. I like them both with a good team
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I also think Gilneas favors Horde too. With my DK I can get to WW so freaking fast.
    This is so wrong. Alliance (if smart) can intercept Horde before they even hit the water en route to WW. This is the case even with Pally speed buff.

WSG is designed way better than twin peaks.

i actually think this is one of the more balanced maps.

other then the hunters disengage>parachute off the alliance base all the way across the map with the flag thing.

i really wish blizz would fix the DCing near rocks bug which this map has a lot of.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Twin peaks and battle of gilneas are garbage and horribly designed. What genius thought it was a good idea to have one whole escape route with water?

WSG is balanced on both sides, with shorter distance that makes it easier for people to play offense, defense, midfield or switch between them. The powerups are in good positions and there are some good cover spots.

Battle of gilneas is a much worse version of AB. Ab is fun cause you have 10-15 players, but 5 nodes instead of 3, and more spread out. This promotes players to be spread around, and more 1v1 or 3v3 type fights.....not half the team vs the other half.

WSG and TP are actually my two favorite bgs. I've probably played thousands of WSG matches since they were introduced in 2004 or 05 and I'm still not sick of it. WTB more capture the flag maps, fuck everything else.

If I had to pick though, I'd take WSG any day of the week.