Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Hunter ranged attacks now able to be dodged in MOP

I think this is a very good change, hunters are now susceptible to rng on their ranged attacks the same as melee are. Dodging an aimed shot, scatter shot, chimera shot etc can all be game changers, makes no sense that they have 0 chance of not being dodged.

What are your thoughts on this?

why hunters and not all other ranged as well ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

cuz the rest of the ranged can be "resisted" since spells?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Would be fun trying to hit rogues and druids with quite alot of dodge chance in pvp.

Dodge spells? Do I need to remind you that spellhitcap is at 1742, and melee hitcap is at 961 and expertise cap is 781 (1742 in total)

Quote Originally Posted by chuck123 View Post
    why hunters and not all other ranged as well ?
    Spell miss chance is 15% while physical miss chance is 7.5%, dodge however is also 7.5%, basically making them equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinpu View Post
    Would be fun trying to hit rogues and druids with quite alot of dodge chance in pvp.

Dodge spells? Do I need to remind you that spellhitcap is at 1742, and melee hitcap is at 961 and expertise cap is 781 (1742 in total)
    Yeh indeed, all other physical classes have to deal with rogues, feral druids, enhancement shamans insane 30% dodge, so now hunters do too.

Deleted
    Hunters lose dead zone.
    Hunters' attacks can be dodged now.
    Hunters lose the 5% parry.

Seems fair to me (I play a hunter). Why would anyone want to be a warrior, if the hunter could attack from both 40yards and melee range, with undodge-able attacks? Hunters would be ranged undodge-able warriors with tons of CC and cooldowns. This would make them overpowered.

dodge a arrow? have anyone shoot with a real bow before? This is just unlogic. blizzard had to remove the mana as this was unlogic, but now this...

Quote Originally Posted by Lomppa View Post
    dodge a arrow? have anyone shoot with a real bow before? This is just unlogic. blizzard had to remove the mana as this was unlogic, but now this...
    Quit trying to use logic in a video game that mails you dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    lol now thats funny and a good quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

I do Archery, and you could dodge an arrow. But trying to bring real world logic into this game is one of the most stupidest things you could do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    <3 so true

Well, it makes sense to dodge an arrow... But maybe not an bullet
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Deleted
    Rng pvp is the most retarded pvp there can be in any game...

People can dodge arrows. We're not talking about bullets here, arrows move much, much slower (and bullets in wow behave like arrows anyway. Guns in wow are... problematic). If they're coming from a good distance away, they're even easier to see coming and dodge. There's nothing unrealistic about this, and I'm actually kind of surprised that we haven't always been susceptible to our shots getting dodged.

People can complain about this all they want, but it doesn't change the fact that it IS going to happen. We'll simply now be required to stack the same amount of anti-avoidance stats as everyone else. It's fair, and it's not really that big a deal. Besides, we still can't be parried or blocked, which means we STILL have an advantage over melee. Our 15% guarantees us all of our shots will land, 100% of the time. A melee with that same 15% still has to worry about parry and (when applicable) block. That or stand behind their target to get the same effect we get from anywhere, up to 40 yards away. Don't complain about this, find something more useful to complain about.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts are that if I will have to stand behind a boss to dps effectively, then blizzard can go fuck themselves.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    i used to be a hunter like you, but then my knee dodged an arrow

Buffing me is logical! Nerfing me isn't!

amidoinitrite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    My thoughts are that if I will have to stand behind a boss to dps effectively, then blizzard can go fuck themselves.
    That would be for the parry.

well if my attacks can be dodged they better make aimed shot instant and have half the focus cost it does now.

Chimera shot should also get reduced to 4 second cd as well as arcane shot being reduced to 10 focus.