10+ Year Old Account

Here's the deal with Aion...

I recently went back to my Aion account for the 2 week reactivation, preceding the eventual F2P model, and I have to say...

I hate grinds, I hate long, boring hours of seemingly accomplishing nothing, and Aion used to be filled with that. But now that I'm back, I really have to advocate it. Anyone that is considering trying out Aion when it goes F2P, do not hesitate. I have never had more fun in that game till now.

The community is starting to revive itself, instancing is fun, gameplay is fun, the community is friendly. I'm really enjoying it.

So in conclusion, if you're skeptical about F2P Aion, just give it a shot, you may fall in love with it like I have, again.

That is all =)

Deleted
    Think there already is an Aion thread you can post in, but meh..

Played this game long ago on a friends account and got how boring it was.. close to 0 players online and grinding almost from the start..
    Now that it have been updated and went f2p the playerbase is growing fast and the community as said above is reviving.. now there is also much more to do than grind all the way to max lvl.. It's a great game with nice monster and character..

The only minus for me right now is the environment.. looks like they took at picture in real life and zoomed it all the way in and then on to implement it in game..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea Aion is pretty popular at the moment, low level zones have lots of people in them. I've always liked Aion (though it does have some annoying things) and I've taken this F2P opportunity to play the game again.

The only thing that I don't like about Aion are the scenarios T_T the textures are soooooooo ugly...
    I think that there was a texture mod or something but I didn't found it, only this screenshots.

Before
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6847/aionrvmount.jpg

After
    http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8...onrvmount2.jpg

Deleted
    Yeah those textures are not the best looking but despite that I am still very satisfied with the graphics, it looks rather exotic and pretty and interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem with the game that I still find is that some zones are CLEARLY much less polished than others. For example, Heiron is so under developed/interesting compared to Theobomos.

10+ Year Old Account
    So will subscribers get any bonuses when the game goes free to play? Interested to know if it would be in my best interests to re-sub before it changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by suttie View Post
    So will subscribers get any bonuses when the game goes free to play? Interested to know if it would be in my best interests to re-sub before it changes.
    They arent quite done yet.. but former subscribers get's veteran rank and can do more than new users... you can also keep on subscribing for gold member and have the best advantages..

More about the features here : http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/featuresdetails/

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    They arent quite done yet.. but former subscribers get's veteran rank and can do more than new users... you can also keep on subscribing for gold member and have the best advantages..

More about the features here : http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/featuresdetails/

That's in Europe, they haven't released the details of the American F2P system yet (although it's supposed to be very similar to the Lineage II system).

If you subscribe in the next few weeks though (during the reactivation event/extended trial), you apparently get a full set of lvl 50 armor for one character or something, can't remember the exact reward.

Deleted
    Yea.. im playing eu.. but have no idea if the American f2p version will be much different ??

15+ Year Old Account
    I've started playing again myself after it went F2P, and got to say I quite enjoyed it again aswell. I played during the beta and a bit after launch, but been away from the game for 2 years. Coming back and barely started again has atleast shown me that the game has gone in the right direction. It's definitly been improved somewhat, but cannot comment that much on it yet. But yeah, it was enjoyable being back. I never disliked Aion, but back when I started playing I was still too caught up in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's some nice discussion about f2p and the current state of Aion here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-will-you-play