Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is pvp just trolling in another form?

Most people would say pvp is 2 opposite sides fighting against each other to win a battle. But if you break it down, pvp is all about annoying people whether they are in your team or not. So really if someone describes themselves as a pvper, they are basically saying they only play this game to troll people.

So what is pvp if it is just trolling?

Pvp is making yourself feel happy by knowing you have annoyed somone on the internet.Here are some examples:

Playing a healer or blood dk.

Spamming jump when fighting someone.

Refusing to buff your teamates.

Using bloodlust before the match has started.

Kiting someone the the edge of a map only to then afk out of the bg.

Trolling forums.

Picking up the flag and hiding when you are going to lose just to waste the oppostions time.

Spamming emotes.

Spamming fan of knives because it makes an annoying sound before the match has started.

Saying 'cry more' if anyone says anything in bg chat.

Playing a rogue and sapping people.

Killing someone in a bg so they have to sit and wait for a res ( rather obvious but thats why its no fun fighting bots, you know you havent annoyed anyone)

If anyone can think of some other examples of pvping, write them

10+ Year Old Account
    Forming a balanced team to take into BGs to win.
    Super trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

It's not really trolling, but many of the pvpers i've seen like to troll/mock/annoy other players, you know the iamuber1337ipwnzor kind of kids trying to act gangsta'
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    None of your examples are what pvp should be. The wow community is full of trolls so yes, pvp is going to have trolling.
    Last edited by Snow White; 2012-02-29 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted
    Not sure how playing a healer = trolling...

Buit the rest i kinda agree with, although if you get annoyed by a few of those things (jump spam?) it says more about you tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    Not sure how playing a healer = trolling...
    Immolate - Cleanse
    Immolate - Cleanse
    Immolate - Cleanse
    Immolate - Cleanse
    Immolate - Cleanse
    remind that picture? Lock vs Healer (Holy Pala I think). 1337 trolling in case of all those cleanse. And Op is somewhat right in some cases. How to spot a PvPer in random? One cant stand still for more than is required to cast. Constant jumping, weird air acrobations, facing 12 directions same time. Acting like a squirrel on a mug of coffee with a hot stick put deep inside ...

Don´t see how sapping people is trolling. If u need to sap ( or any other form of CC) u just do it.
    Killing someone in a bg just to have them wait for ress...well i dont see any wrong in that. It's a BG and if u need to kill someone u just kill it (It's PVP after all).
    In the end i understand what you're trying to say, but i dont consider PVP a form of trolling. I actually like all the "hate" i get from alliance on PVP (i play horde). It's PVP and it's suposed to be "dirty", and all that "Horde VS Alliance" stuff .

Deleted
    Playing a goblin is enough to get my ass trolled badly..

"Playing a rogue and sapping people"

Now if your gonna call out people of using their class abilities you better call em all out. Because you failled to list priest/lock fears, pally bubbles and a bunch of others.

What it sounds like is your in the PvP stage that all of us get stuck in when we take a new toon into the PvP world. Your PvP gear is not up to the level of the people on the other side of the battle and your getting the snot kicked out of you on a regular basis. Yup, that blows. Anybody who pvps has been there done that got the T-shirt and the coffee mug.

It gets better, and after you get your gear built up and get that resil around 4k your gonna be just another one doing the same things. Well, ok you probably wont be jumping around in circles like an idiot. I am willing to bet that you will be killing people just to make the wait for the res (cause that is what you are there for).
    Last edited by Spikedriver; 2012-02-29 at 12:47 PM. Reason: its early, and i cant type without my second cup of coffee.
    I think the whole front office — or at least a good chunk of it — was obsessed with Crawford. I blame Varitek and Mirabelli, because every time the Sox played the Rays, Crawford would single, steal second, steal third, steal home, then come out of the dugout and steal first, then steal second and third on one pitch, then reverse-steal second again just so he could steal third and home on the following pitch. - Michael Schur

Deleted
    It just sounds like you got upset by a few things and decided PvP was trolling just because it has trolling in it, by the same train of thought PvE is also trolling, because of the dps who link recount in order to show superiority over others, the healers who refuse to heal, the tanks who refuse to taunt, groups who kick randoms for stupid reason and so on.

Killing someone in a bg so they have to sit and wait for a res ( rather obvious but thats why its no fun fighting bots, you know you havent annoyed anyone)
    Killing someone else in PvP is trolling? Pretty sure youre the one trolling.

Deleted
    He meant sapping people with no intention to engage or for no strategic reason. He just saps them, wait for the sap to fall, saps them again and again and again just to piss off people.

No offence but I think OP is just a little over sensitive, half the things listed are hardly anything to be annoyed by and the other half are pretty rare in my experience. Overall though, if all those things are constantly happening and ruining your fun, then do something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    It's not really trolling, but many of the pvpers i've seen like to troll/mock/annoy other players, you know the iamuber1337ipwnzor kind of kids trying to act gangsta'
    post #3 and everything is said

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    He meant sapping people with no intention to engage or for no strategic reason. He just saps them, wait for the sap to fall, saps them again and again and again just to piss off people.
    How is delaying an enemy from entering the battle not strategic?

Ive done this in BG's on my rogue. Do it all the time in fact. Just becaue somebody else cant see the reason for what I do doesnt make it wrong. Ive kept healers from doing much in bgs without ever comming out of stealth and straight up attacking them. To be honest if I can drive a healer so nuts by sapping them into insanity that they leave the bg, thats better than an hk to me.
    I think the whole front office — or at least a good chunk of it — was obsessed with Crawford. I blame Varitek and Mirabelli, because every time the Sox played the Rays, Crawford would single, steal second, steal third, steal home, then come out of the dugout and steal first, then steal second and third on one pitch, then reverse-steal second again just so he could steal third and home on the following pitch. - Michael Schur

I like pvp a lot! Problem?

I miss the days before the term "trolling" became the definition for "everything that discomforts another person in the smallest way". But idiots watered down the definition and made it that way...

you are confusing PvP with griefing i think.

with the addition of other players however a lot of smack talk and the like gets added in because many people just get off that way. it's a little immature, but ain't we all?
    this can lead to trolling, but in and of itself really isn't.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Oh man, I used to love doing that. You have to tickle them as well as laugh at them too. That makes it even funnier.