Thread: Dota 2 anyone?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dota 2 anyone?

Just got the Dota 2 beta and it is awesome, same feel as the original. That being said it is nearly impossible to find a game without knowing people who also have it. Anyone on MMO also in the Dota2 beta that would like to play some games?

10+ Year Old Account
    www.steamcommunity.com/id/inuxie

I don't play it often, but I do everynow and then and are always up for a chat
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Impossible to find a game?... What?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Impossible to find a game?... What?
    At any given time there is only about ~100 people online. Most of these people are in solo bot games so finding a full 5v5 is impossible.

I'm not even eligible to enter the draw to get a key cause my account created was before 12th feb,

Deleted
    i've been in on it since launch and ... you cant find games? are you talking about the TEST client? because nobody plays that
    use the "real" game named Dota 2 in steam not the test client
    other then that yes its awsome but we still need more heroes to get some more varied picks in our tourneys

Deleted
    I think you're on the Dota 2 Test client, use the Dota 2 Beta client as there's currently 27,4k people online

I've played for ~200 hours and I can say that it's pretty damn awesome and tbh it's ready for a release already.. Just hoping it'll be B2P so that I don't have to pay a lot of money to play them heroes..

The problem I have with people atm is that if you're solo queuing 95% of time there's 2-3 Russians on your team, the problem with it is that 90% of those people can't speak any english..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eemuman View Post
    I think you're on the Dota 2 Test client, use the Dota 2 Beta client as there's currently 27,4k people online

I've played for ~200 hours and I can say that it's pretty damn awesome and tbh it's ready for a release already.. Just hoping it'll be B2P so that I don't have to pay a lot of money to play them heroes..

The problem I have with people atm is that if you're solo queuing 95% of time there's 2-3 Russians on your team, the problem with it is that 90% of those people can't speak any english..
    actually alot of them arnt russian just use signs that seem like russian to the outside world... but yea... its alot like that if you dont have some friends/partners to play with... which sucks

From what I've heard in the past, can't you invite a friend to beta if you've been given access? I just recently got in myself and I don't see how to. Can't say I looked too hard either, but it'd be something the OP could do.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tA2?p=15375077
    use search please

Just hoping it'll be B2P so that I don't have to pay a lot of money to play them heroes..
    its probaly going to be F2P but like TF2 all heroes available for everone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    From what I've heard in the past, can't you invite a friend to beta if you've been given access? I just recently got in myself and I don't see how to. Can't say I looked too hard either, but it'd be something the OP could do.
    you can trade it if you open a chat with a friend then start a trade, however i dont think they are running that campaign anymore.

games>manage gifts and guest passes

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get access through the opt-in thing, you will get 2 keys that you can give to your friends, if it's off Ebay then the guy who sold the key probably earned $80 from selling his 2 friend keys.

Friend keys doesn't include 2 additinal keys.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

If you're feeling kind with your guest passes, you can give it to me since i can't even register for the draw.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    same feel as the original.
    This is exactly why I don't like it. I played Dota for years and stopped playing when they were making stupid changes like putting a low item shop in the lane. It was the HoN creators that did that which is also why I think HoN is a horrible game. It's mostly the same heroes with only a few originals. Personally, I really like what League of Legends did to the genre. They actually made changes. No heroes are exact replicas of Dota plus they added in runes, masteries and summoner spells. I tried Dota 2. It was a complete let down.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Ok, I just checked my steam account and it appears that they are no longer giving out friend keys like molodirazz has stated.

My key was given out this week, so I can at least say it's applicable in that regard and those in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Personally, I really like what League of Legends did to the genre. They actually made changes. No heroes are exact replicas of Dota plus they added in runes, masteries and summoner spells. I tried Dota 2. It was a complete let down.
    well IMO they just dumbed down almost ever aspect of dota
    and whats wrong with side shop?

Deleted
    This is exactly why I don't like it. I played Dota for years and stopped playing when they were making stupid changes like putting a low item shop in the lane. It was the HoN creators that did that.
    areyoufuckingkiddingme?.jpg ..... <.<

-Snip-

This is exactly why I don't like it. I played Dota for years and stopped playing when they were making stupid changes like putting a low item shop in the lane. It was the HoN creators that did that which is also why I think HoN is a horrible game. It's mostly the same heroes with only a few originals. Personally, I really like what League of Legends did to the genre. They actually made changes. No heroes are exact replicas of Dota plus they added in runes, masteries and summoner spells. I tried Dota 2. It was a complete let down.
    Only few originals? Stop talking out of your ass please, since S2 heard the release of Dota2 and all the stuff about the copyright, S2 started move more and more away from Dota, 51 original heroes i can count, without some semi-ported heroes.

To OP, sounds like you are playing on Dota 2 Test client, play on Dota 2 instead, alot more people playing there. Got an early beta key, played Dota 2 for a while, taking a break for now, can't really take the delay input and no surrender/concede vote seriously tbh, until then i enjoy HoN for now, enjoy Dota 2 tho OP .

10+ Year Old Account
    No. HoN "creators" stole it from DotA.

Armory