Thread: Auto Balancing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They could steal some ideas from League of Legends.
    In LOL, if you leave you can not join until the game is over and get a penalty (like deserter flag) put on.
    Also, you can report players for afk and if they get a bunch they could accrue a ban... would suggest 12,24,36,48 hours (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th offense).

Since most people will be playing 5v5, it might not end up being a big deal, most of the time.

Deleted
    Are they really gonna reward players for winning ?
    Or like some pvp beta videos atm , showing each player name and some points at the end of the match >for killing player/capture points/defend ?
    It wont matter , what ever team u choose
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-03-04 at 12:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Are they really gonna reward players for winning ?
    Or like some pvp beta videos atm , showing each player name and some points at the end of the match >for killing player/capture points/defend ?
    It wont matter , what ever team u choose
    I think you're getting a currency called 'Glory' for winning/participating in (structured?) PvP. I'm not sure how it works though, especially not with auto balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    They could steal some ideas from League of Legends.
    In LOL, if you leave you can not join until the game is over and get a penalty (like deserter flag) put on.
    Also, you can report players for afk and if they get a bunch they could accrue a ban... would suggest 12,24,36,48 hours (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th offense).

Since most people will be playing 5v5, it might not end up being a big deal, most of the time.
    I just got a 4 day ban. They seriously go over the top with them. Every now and then I just have to leave in the middle of a game, and then it's like OMFG YOU LEFT *Banhammer*
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    I just got a 4 day ban. They seriously go over the top with them. Every now and then I just have to leave in the middle of a game, and then it's like OMFG YOU LEFT *Banhammer*
    LoL is a very hardcore game and it is also free to play. What do you expect?
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    I'll have like 2 weeks of full games, then leave one: 4 day ban. Like... really?
    Last edited by Allanon the Mystic; 2012-03-04 at 01:10 AM.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

1) Since when is LoL a hardcore game?
    2) What does being f2p have to do with stupid bans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    I'll have like 2 weeks of full games, then leave one: 4 day ban. Like... really?
    Weird, I never had to deal with that. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    1) Since when is LoL a hardcore game?
    2) What does being f2p have to do with stupid bans?
    The fact that it has elo rating makes it hardcore, it's also PvP focused.

Free to play means they can ban you as much as they want, because technically you didn't pay for anything to get the original game.

That's why Guild Wars was harsh on bans, you got a 3 day ban for vulgar language where in world of Warcraft your first offense was 2 hours.

The philosphy on a free to play game or buy to play game is that if you get banned, you'll likely buy another account again. Guild Wars alone banned about 5,000 RMT accounts a week.
    Last edited by Deyadissa; 2012-03-04 at 01:18 AM.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

10+ Year Old Account
    So why do you people care so much if you end up being drafted onto the losing team? If it bugs you guys that much just buy "the red pill" or "the blue pill" which locks you onto that colored team... And you do realize the only things you buy for PVP are different lookin armors right? None of them have better stats then the others....

---------- Post added 2012-03-03 at 07:32 PM ----------

The fact that it has elo rating makes it hardcore, it's also PvP focused.

Free to play means they can ban you as much as they want, because technically you didn't pay for anything to get the original game.

That's why Guild Wars was harsh on bans, you got a 3 day ban for vulgar language where in world of Warcraft your first offense was 2 hours.

The philosphy on a free to play game or buy to play game is that if you get banned, you'll likely buy another account again. Guild Wars alone banned about 5,000 RMT accounts a week.
    This right here explains why I think people are stupid for thinking "non p2p games will have bad communities"
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I really don't understand how people are OK with auto balancing.
    I play PvP in MMO's for 2 reasons:

1) To get gear (but that's out for this game)

Fine. I can appreciate that. I used to play DotA and LoL all day for no rewards.

2) To have fun, but not the random I'm going to fight in the middle fun. Fun to me is playing for the objective, working with your team, and most importantly GETTING INVESTED INTO THE GAME.

If I'm playing a game, and I don't care if I win or lose, then I don't think that's a fun game. It can be a fun game where I care a lot about winning, but end up losing, and still be a fun game. The importance is that at some point I have to care about my team and winning with my team.

Now if I were in a game (especially a close one) and getting more and more invested in the game and trying to win, being forced to swap sides midgame would completely destroy the point of that game for me.

Knowing that this mechanic exists in GW2 BG's... then completely destroys the appeal of structured PvP for me.

Other than people who like random team deathmatch, I don't understand how people can be OK with this mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    So why do you people care so much if you end up being drafted onto the losing team? If it bugs you guys that much just buy "the red pill" or "the blue pill" which locks you onto that colored team... And you do realize the only things you buy for PVP are different lookin armors right? None of them have better stats then the others....
    It's currently believed that those are beta-only items.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's currently believed that those are beta-only items.
    Ah really? Well I hope there an option where you can set a preferred team, kinda like in war hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    I think you're getting a currency called 'Glory' for winning/participating in (structured?) PvP. I'm not sure how it works though, especially not with auto balancing.
    True , there might be like WoW RBG , when 9 ppl can <<carry>> 1 medium skill player .
    But i believe , they want to reward each player based on their contribution , rather than the specific person to afk at the corner all the time , while the others do the hard job .
    > No need for a Afk/report system > While u have to do some damage in order to get some gear from WvWvW

EDIT: How many times have we heard << omg i have lost every f@@ time , cause scrubs with no skill join my bg >> ?
    > That way , dont have to worry , if ur random players/friends are low skilled > just gather the points urself , in whatever team side ur are in
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-03-04 at 02:47 AM.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is LoL? /noob

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    What is LoL? /noob
    League of Legends

AKA Dota clone. But its it's own game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would personally describe it as the next evolution of DotA. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I would personally describe it as the next evolution of DotA. ^_^
    Slightly off-topic, but what do people call the genre? I've heard Action-RTS or MOBA. Are they both correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Valek View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be a "deserter" type debuff in the game?
    For what?
    For WvW PvP? umm comparing that WvW lasts for 2 weeks at a time you could not have a deserter debuff for leaving 13.282 days early.
    For arena PvP? what would it be comparing you can make your own matches.
    For dungeons? yeah because hindering people in a game where taking 3 hits is death anyways is something that would be useful.

I don't see how you could have a deserter debuff without causing major issues since there is currently no evidence of there being a LFG tool at launch which is the only "penitly" that would not mean you can not play any part of the game until the debuff is off you... might their be a LFG tool? possibly there have not been any statements one way or the other on the subject. But at the same time such debuff would discourage playing with others which is the opposite of what they are shooting for, if a group can not finish a dungeon they can not finish a dungeon, they should not be not allowed back in as a different group just because you left a group that knew they couldn't finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe there should be a rebuff for leaving but really like the idea of using the similar system to LoL -- you're only locked while that game is in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I hope there won't be a deserter debuff. Stupidest idea ever.

Maybe a debuff is you frequently leave BGs, but the system in WoW is just terrible. Tor doesn't have any deserter debuffs, and the warzones are just fine.
    TOR war zones are far from fine in this aspect. The problem with no debuff in TOR is it causes a chain reaction of everyone leaving if you are losing. I constantly watch people if you aren't winning right from the start. With all the leaving, it puts you at a massive disadvantage at catching up especially with wz's like Void Star where the entrance takes forever.