Best trick to eliminate all other guild competition

For some reason blizzard in there infinite wisdom let you turn off the nerf, but not let you turn it back on, and guess what, once it has been turned off it will stay off until the raid resets on tuesday, as confirmed by a gm.

Now all you need to do, is invite a member of a guild you are competing agianst, say for a enchant or something, instantly make them leader and walk into his save of dragon soul, now just turn off the buff and walk out. Thats there progress ruined for 1 more week.

This sort of trolling went on in ICC, i still dont get why they havent fixed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are wrong, actually. A soft reset puts it back on. Doesn't matter what a GM told you... Some GMs are completely clueless.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

If such trolling went on in ICC (Never heard of this before) I still don't get why you encourage people to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by destia View Post
    If such trolling went on in ICC (Never heard of this before) I still don't get why you encourage people to do it.
    That's the thing, u barely saw that in ICC cause it only took a soft reset to put the buff on (we had a mage in our raid sabotage our ICC so we would be forced to do ToC 25 for reing of the unliving)
    ~ My mounts collection ~

Deleted
    Well if the person you invited dont go into the dungeon they wont get saved to the dungeon. so for that to work you will have to make the person go into the dungeon too. and also asAnyankha said there is a soft reset thing

Quote Originally Posted by Anyankha View Post
    That's the thing, u barely saw that in ICC cause it only took a soft reset to put the buff on (we had a mage in our raid sabotage our ICC so we would be forced to do ToC 25 for reing of the unliving)
    in our guild he would of been kicked from the gulid on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekku View Post
    Well if the person you invited dont go into the dungeon they wont get saved to the dungeon. so for that to work you will have to make the person go into the dungeon too. and also asAnyankha said there is a soft reset thing
    They will if it is set to heroic.

And as i said, according to the gm, soft resets do not work on it. And i remember people in ICC just joinign a 25 man just to turn off the buff and leave, for the lols.

thanks for sharing. this sort of "trick" reminds me of a simpler time: before my balls dropped, when i still had a set bedtime and didnt pay for anything in my life.

grow up. you, or any1 else that actually does shit like this. OO I BEAT MY RIVAL GUILD ON WOWPROGRESS! of course, i wont ever graduate high school, get a real job, have sex, or make any friends, BUT I BEAT MY RIVAL GUILD ON WOWPROGRESS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    in our guild he would of been kicked from the gulid on the spot.
    He used the excuse of not knowing, that he wanted to see the dialogue /rolleyes. If I had been GL, I'd have kicked on the spot too, but the GL was quite naive >.<
    ~ My mounts collection ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Zeus View Post
    thanks for sharing. this sort of "trick" reminds me of a simpler time: before my balls dropped, when i still had a set bedtime and didnt pay for anything in my life.

grow up. you, or any1 else that actually does shit like this. OO I BEAT MY RIVAL GUILD ON WOWPROGRESS! of course, i wont ever graduate high school, get a real job, have sex, or make any friends, BUT I BEAT MY RIVAL GUILD ON WOWPROGRESS!
    It's always funny when people try to make these sort of correlations between wow playing and in real life, especially when they think that they look cool or smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athor View Post
    They will if it is set to heroic.

And as i said, according to the gm, soft resets do not work on it. And i remember people in ICC just joinign a 25 man just to turn off the buff and leave, for the lols.
    Except, the GM u talked to is clueless as shit. Soft resets DO work, that's how we went back to ICC after ToC, and the buff was now there.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Soft reset fixes it. And why would you need to do an enchant before raid time?

If you need to do this for competition in DS at this point, you're not in any race worth mentioning anyways.

This really isn't a productive or decent topic, and just to prevent the inevitable, I'm going to go ahead and close it.