Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Freal? Was hoping this would consume my life.
    it can still be, what's boring for him may not be boring for you.

I enjoyed the sim city series quite a lot, but it's EA. Not going to buy it.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    My Splines are ready to be reticulated.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I think he is talking about how they are charging $60 for a game, and then $80 if you want the finished version.
    What do you mean "finished?" The German and French sets you mean?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    yeah probably that. The limited version has all the core mechanics that's what it is really important to me. Don't really care for a few additional skins (that I don't even like from the screenshots)

I wasn't aware they left out features in the base game?

And no, a couple of building textures are not features.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    I wasn't aware they left out features in the base game?

And no, a couple of building textures are not features.
    no they've not, the base game have all the mechanic, the Deluxe edition has three skin package for buildings for that additional cost

10+ Year Old Account
    i got the delux version.... now i can be a super hero! also it comes with double decker busses, faster railway, and a new police station
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    i got the delux version.... now i can be a super hero! also it comes with double decker busses, faster railway, and a new police station
    that stuff came even with the Limited edition
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2013-02-23 at 08:34 PM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Phew, okay. I was worried they left out mechanics or content. I'm fine with skins as DLC.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    If I ordered from Origin UK
    Will It release 5th or 8th ?
    Because If It's the 8th I'ma be-a sad panda

Quote Originally Posted by KillacrusadeME View Post
    If I ordered from Origin UK
    Will It release 5th or 8th ?
    Because If It's the 8th I'ma be-a sad panda
    Probably the 8th. I'm in the same boat. Though it does give me a few more days to enjoy 5.2 and the last ME3 DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I love the German city set. Have always adored German city and buildings aesthetics and would love to make big beautiful German cities in game but the price tag is high. I'm going through a vigorous internal debate right now.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    that stuff came even with the Limited edition
    You only get the super hero/villain with the LE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also played the last beta day. Ive played Simcity since the first one, and still regularly fire up 4 when I am bored and wanna kill some time so here are my thoughts:

I too thought the map size was going to be an issue, but really it forced me to build a dense city instead of a massive sprawling mess. Placement mattered and I felt there was sort of a mini game in terms of what goes where. I dunno, I would still like a slightly larger map but overall it worked for me. Especially if the region connections work out I don't think it will be a problem.

I have heard some people saying it didnt feel like a simcity game and that it was too easy or dumbed down. But i found it to be simple, but not easy per se. With some proper planning I was able to get a relatively dense core area and it did take some foresight and thought and adjustments. The people ive mostly seen complain about it being too easy usually still had trailer parks everywhere. I dunno.

I really enjoyed talking to and the side missions offered by the actual sims there. It felt like I was god! hah, I loved hearing their feedback, doing events and "missions" and seeing how everything in my city worked. The specializations sound like a lot of fun, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the upgradable buildings.

Overall there were a few bugs but I hope they wont be an issue. I would say its definitely worth the buy (dunno about the 80 buck version though). I could easily see myself getting lost in building my city UP, rather than out like previous games and I give it a thumbs up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like playing SimCity 4 from time to time, but think it's kinda lame that 5 will be releasing with deluxe and LE versions that offer things like that, to me just seems very un-SimCity. Will still probably get it though even if it means I must cave to Origin. D:

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered this one about 2 weeks back.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/sim-city-ga...edition-184730

Decent price and has everything I want

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Will there be a multiplayer group here on MMO-champion?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was looking around at some of the SimCity beta videos people did to get a look at different types of cities and it turns out that OFMGCata and wowcrendor put up pretty bad videos of them playing what I assume to be the retail version (or more so a beta version of it but with everything unlocked) and they go through region customization which I think looks pretty amazing. Needless to say I'm pretty goddamn excited for this game, one more week!

OMFGCata: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWfEPXlQEiA
    wowcrendor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znBsHXc6zNE

Being a SimCity vet and watching those videos.. Oh man it hurt, those cities made me cringe something shocking.. amusing commentary though, I would suggest watching crendor first as he seems to at least know what he's doing.. sort of.
    Last edited by Byrogan; 2013-02-25 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    So I was looking around at some of the SimCity beta videos people did to get a look at different types of cities and it turns out that OFMGCata and wowcrendor put up pretty bad videos of them playing what I assume to be the retail version (or more so a beta version of it but with everything unlocked) and they go through region customization which I think looks pretty amazing. Needless to say I'm pretty goddamn excited for this game, one more week!

OMFGCata: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWfEPXlQEiA
    wowcrendor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znBsHXc6zNE

Being a SimCity vet and watching those videos.. Oh man it hurt, those cities made me cringe something shocking.. amusing commentary though, I would suggest watching crendor first as he seems to at least know what he's doing.. sort of.
    That was hilarious and very painful to watch.