Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Should be cool. I've always been a fan of these games, though I had a hard time getting into number 4, TBH.

Simcity 1 on the SNES is one of my first memories of video gaming. Simcity 2000 is one of the first games I ever played on a serious Windows PC and years later, I sent my sims to space. 3000 took up just as much time. Simcity 4 went above and beyond all that. I built a goddamn continent. And then sent those bastards to space too! I didn't care much for any of the dumb things they added in 4, but none of that took away from the absurd scale of it all, both small and large. I spent hours tweaking individual health, education and police coverage radii and taxes for every kind of person, business and product, just because it was there! (and to eventually send those bastards to space, as stated above.)

If 5 even comes close to that, or even just 2000, insta-purchase, day 1. I don't care if I'd need to build a new computer to play it.

i remember when i had these on palmOS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Simcity 1 on the SNES is one of my first memories of video gaming
    same here for the PC version. I'm looking forward to this and yeah - I'll prob have to upgrade my rig too =p
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Super excited for some 999 tax laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Should be cool. I've always been a fan of these games, though I had a hard time getting into number 4, TBH.
    IMO the 4th one was terrible

Sim City 3000.. ah that was some good fun

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the forth one threw me off. 3000 was insanely epic.

Does anyone remember SimAnt? lol

But I am looking forward to this. It does look very appealing.

The*fourth one was awesome and had some pretty rich and deep gameplay. Only negative was the randomness of city growth sometimes but it wasn't game breaking.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Societies left me thinking the series was dead. This has really sparked life into it again, love each feature that is on the website.

Here is a video from the youtube page. developer insight (short but sweet)

SKIP TO - 1:18

10+ Year Old Account

Seriously, why do I keep getting surprised by this? *sigh*

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I will not buy this if it requires Origin.

I'd rather miss out completely than be forced to buy into another content delivery system just to pad EA's greedy pockets.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post

Seriously, why do I keep getting surprised by this? *sigh*
    I don't mind it. One of the great things about SimCity4 was the modding community, which is still very active today. The ploppables and themes that were created by the community far exceeded any developer built ploppables/themes.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I will not buy this if it requires Origin.

I'd rather miss out completely than be forced to buy into another content delivery system just to pad EA's greedy pockets.
    Don't worry, SWTOR did not requite Origin to play so I don't think Sim City will (both published by EA)

If the world does not end as predicted, I am SO preordering this. And I almost never preorder games.

God, Sim City, one of my first real gaming addictions.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

What's up with the price? Even the limited edition seems pricey to me, especially considering that last few sim city games were not very good.*

Still, I am excited and the features described on the website seem awesome. Especially the glassbox system.*
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto

If they bring up further "streamlined" and "accessible" game as their agenda has been expesially as of late, with tons of shitty DLC and absurd price points I don't see any point of getting this beyond blind "brand loyalty".

Cities XL and Citiex XL 2012, while to extend are buggy, are extremely in depth city simulators and well worth of their money without fucked up "into the ass of the customer" schemes.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    If they bring up further "streamlined" and "accessible" game as their agenda has been expesially as of late, with tons of shitty DLC and absurd price points I don't see any point of getting this beyond blind "brand loyalty".

Cities XL and Citiex XL 2012, while to extend are buggy, are extremely in depth city simulators and well worth of their money without fucked up "into the ass of the customer" schemes.
    The developers held a reddit Q&A. They really want this to be as good as Sim City 4 but also listened to what players did not like about it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is; about damn time! Been playing other city builders like Tropico and Cities XL and none were as good as Sim City.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? Another game that will eat up a ton of my time when it comes out

There isn't a Simcity I haven't owned or played a million times.