Guild Summit tomorrow

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120302-0

Next week, representatives of over 150 guilds from around the world will be coming to Austin, Texas to take part in BioWare’s inaugural Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Guild Summit. During the summit, guild members will have the opportunity to speak with the development team, and see a preview of what the future holds for the game.

When the Guild Summit was announced, we received thousands of applications from passionate fans who were willing to travel from all parts of the globe to take part. While we were humbled by the overwhelming response, we couldn’t accept every application for space reasons. However, we don’t want any of you to miss out on the details either. That’s why we are excited to announce that portions of the Star Wars: The Old Republic Guild Summit will be streamed live!

On Monday, March 5th, we will be hosting a livestream of the Guild Summit, which you’ll be able to watch by visiting www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/GuildSummit. Here’s our full schedule of events for the livestream:

10:00AM CST (4PM GMT) – Welcome and Introductions
    10:30AM CST (4:30PM GMT) – State of the Game and Game Update 1.2 Presentation
    Break (Livestream offline from 11:00am to 2:00pm)
    2:00PM CST (8:00PM GMT) – Operations and Flashpoints Discussion
    2:45PM CST (8:45PM GMT) – Player vs. Player Discussion
    3:30PM CST (9:30PM GMT) – Legacy Presentation
    4:00PM CST (10:00PM GMT) – Economy and Crew Skills Discussion
    4:30PM CST (10:30PM GMT) – Roleplayer's Discussion
    5:00PM CST (11:00PM GMT) – Guild Features Discussion
    5:30PM CST (11:30PM GMT) – User Interface Presentation
    6:00PM CST (12:00AM GMT) - ...And The Rest

Throughout the day you will be able to not only watch each of these discussions, you’ll also be able to take part in them. We’ll be taking questions from the livestream throughout the event, although we will have to limit the number of questions answered for time. You can also discuss the Guild Summit on Twitter using the hashtag #SWTORSummit, and we’ve created a Guild Summit Forum for you to discuss each of the sessions with other viewers.

If you’re unable to watch these livestreams on the day, we’ll be providing recorded versions of each presentation and discussion after the event.

Whether you’re attending in person or will be watching online, we look forward to your comments during the Guild Summit!
    Anyone from mmo-c gonna be there? I won't be attending personally but will keeping the live stream up in class as much as possible to keep an eye on it. I'm really looking forward to it actually.

I feel bad for the people who wasted money flying there and booking rooms to discuss things that could be done over the internet.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Wish I coulda gone, wouldn't have even had to spend money on room and board and very little in travel as I live about 1.5 hours from where it is. Too bad for me not being in a guild that was even remotely interested.

I was actually one of quite a large amount of guilds that were more than willing to go, I actually have a tripped planned down there that week with a few guild members before it was announced. However, being a twenty year old guild leader I was pretty much shafted. All in all, it's a good way to show the community you care and make the extra effort on both sides to get down what needs to be done. I'll be watching from afar, rescheduled the trip to miss all the traffic. I hope this actually becomes a yearly thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall correctly it isn't actually a live stream of the event just a live feed of whats being said, correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I feel bad for the people who wasted money flying there and booking rooms to discuss things that could be done over the internet.
    Yes, who could possibly be interested in taking a vacation to speak face-to-face with some of the game's developers?

Considering this is a form of market research I am highly surprised that Bioware isn't shelling out to get people over there, or just doing it over the internet. :/
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Considering this is a form of market research I am highly surprised that Bioware isn't shelling out to get people over there, or just doing it over the internet. :/
    As far as i know they are shelling out for some, they also ask for application for some spaces for people who want to go any pay themselves.

Looking forward to it, if only for the legacy system presentation ,im just hoping its not a huge let down.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I feel bad that you obviously have nothing better to do than bash a game over and over that you have already decided you don't like and have moved on from. I mean really..
    Perhaps.. just perhaps.. there are people that genuinely enjoy the game and are HAPPY to fly out there and appreciative of the chance they get to participate in the development of a product they are so passionate about. To THEM im sure its a nice little mini vacation and they are over joyed to do it.

But then you are bitter and tired of the game yet still find it necessary to bash it so im sure you wouldn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Wish I coulda gone, wouldn't have even had to spend money on room and board and very little in travel as I live about 1.5 hours from where it is. Too bad for me not being in a guild that was even remotely interested.
    You could of just had your guild leader apply for a spot, then defer it to you.

Gonna be watching this just for the hilarity and awkwardness factors

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Closed for the purpose of consolidated discussion in an official thread.