Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

NOT FAIR! Darkmoon arena

hi guys im not sure if i shoudl post this thread in the PVP or the achievements forum.. so i do both

later today I was in the Darkmoon Arena.. and i am just curious about what you think about that warlocks just can teleport out then their nearly dies... and then teleport in again, with full health + soulshards !!!.. is that fair??? no i dont think so.. or what do you say?

____

mr. Trollface

why do you even care :S. YOu either make a 10+ raid to get this item or stay away. Thats how its done on our realm and unfortunatelly, hordes are the only ones doing it

Deleted
    It's fine. The worts plague ever are people who flexing around and "owning" in packs

rofl, the darkmoon deathmatch has nothing to do with fair pvp at all. you're either in a group picking off andbody who isnt in the group, and trying to click the chest, or you're being picked off.

The only challenge is trying to click before everyone else.

guess you havent been around for Gurubashi Arena times, it was more or less the same thing, lots of 10v10 organized there if u want a shot at the trinket you need to put in the effort to make a group

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    effort to make a group
    ...elaborate?

10+ Year Old Account
    The actual arena is just a bit of fun, it yields no actual rewards (honor points) or anything. Don't see a problem with it in my opinion

Deal with it or get friends/guildmates help you out!

Open arenas are NEVER fair. At all. In any shape.

my rogue loves picking off the weaklings
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Deleted
    One of the worst for basic achievement collectors, I just want to complete every one in my World Events tab but this bullshit achievement restricts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayhn View Post
    One of the worst for basic achievement collectors, I just want to complete every one in my World Events tab but this bullshit achievement restricts me.
    Either be uber awesome or form a group. Oh or you can gank like crazy.

Deleted
    Tbh there is littile more frustrating than this ach so I feel for ya OP!

The very best way ofc is to find about 10 people who also want it ans group up every arena and simply take it in turns to loot the chest. Thats how I did it and many of my Guildies either have it already or are very close.

Good Luck!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    From a PVP standpoint.. This achievement is pretty much mute as it is based mainly on your group size versus the other people in the arena..

From an achievement standpoint.. This can be frustrating as it really is based on luck, group size and timing...

I've had experiences where it lasts less than a minute and experiences where it lasts 20 minutes... I do like the bedlam when it is pretty much every man for himself but then its just who can be in the arena long enough through aoe spam and getting picked off to loot the chest...

Some tips to winning:
    -Try to avoid peak hours, unless you have a large group. Watch the patterns of who shows up when.. See if you can manage to stay up late and bring a few friends to the late ones to ensure you can get the chest..
    -If you are just focused on getting the achievement try to group up with other people at the arena..
    -See if your guild will help you... Always good to have safety in numbers.
    -If a group has a healer.. pick him off first..
    -Use the potions/items to make yourself smaller.. Any chance to sneak in near the chest and start looting it might get you enough reaction time to loot the chest really quickly...
    -Focus on reducing the amount of people in the arena first while keeping an eye on the chest. AOE it if anyone is looting the chest.

I've got 8 more wins to go for the achievement.. Can't wait to get it!

I guess most people missed the OP's point. The chest is easy to get as a lock because you can leave your portal inside before the match begins. This way instead of clicking the gate for 5 sec and making your way to the chest, the lock can port right away and start looting the chest. You still have a small windows to interrupt him, but if you're on a heavily populated server, with 100s of people trying to get in, the lock has an upper hand due to latency. We've had our guildie get several chests this way while a few of us in raid zone in with others and fear bomb right away, giving the lock 3-4 more seconds to finish looting the chest.

Deleted
    From my point of view groups simply should not be allowed in this kind of arena.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    I guess most people missed the OP's point. The chest is easy to get as a lock because you can leave your portal inside before the match begins. This way instead of clicking the gate for 5 sec and making your way to the chest, the lock can port right away and start looting the chest. You still have a small windows to interrupt him, but if you're on a heavily populated server, with 100s of people trying to get in, the lock has an upper hand due to latency. We've had our guildie get several chests this way while a few of us in raid zone in with others and fear bomb right away, giving the lock 3-4 more seconds to finish looting the chest.
    Actually the OP's point was simply that you can teleport out to regain your health and shards.

But about your post, I also use this trick and I love it. I got all 12 trinkets in single DMF this way and am still doing it just for the tokens (will usually leave the trinket in chest unless I want to piss off people). Reduces the time to collect all mounts and pets I just inv everyone to grp 5-10 mins before the arena starts so there are less people to interrupt me. If there are more melee I will use succubus and whiplash/seduce and for ranged I use felhunter's spell lock.

It was a pain as a hunter but I managed to do it. Having friends definitely helps, especially healers. use the noggenfogger (never did, but saw a bunch of people do it and it helps). And if you are a hunter, place a trap by where the warlock places his summon. Bam

On my realm, my guild makes a raid for almost every Arena everyday. I don't think anyone on the realm has gotten the chest other than us except for off-peak hours like really early in the AM.
    SkoorbVyvanseKarmann

Deleted
    I get ganked all the time by guildies helping eachover, sadface