Deleted

3202+ haste! ms/mb not worth it? (SHADOW)

Hai guys.. just wondering some simple question to you guys out there, and might someone could help me..

At the moment i can reach the 3202+ haste point.. And i readed somewere for some days ago, if i can reach 3202 haste i should never use the mindspike/mindblast(with pet) rotation, is that true? also 3202+ haste is BIS for all bossfights except spine?

Thanks<3

Once you have 3202 haste rating, switching to the ms/mb rotation when sfiend and archangel are off cd or are very close (sfiend < 40ish seconds and archangel < 10ish) is still a dps increase from everything I've ever simmed or seen other people sim/math out.

Wherever you are doing your readed-ing, an extra DP tick is not going to break the 4pc t13 rotation. Haste is your best stat pretty much always (except for Spine).

Umm... could you possibly link to where you saw at 3202 haste rating you shouldn't us the MS/MB rotation please? That is just such a weird idea...

Also... 3202 is where imp DP gets it's bump in damage, not an extra tick on DP.

Well just reaching 3202 you probably have to drop a ton of mastery/crit so overall it would probably be a loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePhan1234 View Post
    Well just reaching 3202 you probably have to drop a ton of mastery/crit so overall it would probably be a loss.
    Its haste>mastery until 3202 assuming you can reach it. If not then just go for the 2.5k something haste plateau.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Its haste>mastery until 3202 assuming you can reach it. If not then just go for the 2.5k something haste plateau.
    2588 is VT+2 without DI, with DI its only 2142(?) so that should already be attained.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Not convinced this is true, particularly with T13 4pc, everything I've done suggests that haste to VT+2 which is 2141 or 2589 depending on the existence of DI, then mastery is more DPS.

Of course we are talking a few hundred DPS and when you relate that to the fact most of us are doing 35 to 40k total DPS, it's hardly what I'd call game breaking but it's a DPS increase nonetheless.

MS/MB is still a DPS increase past the 3202 threshold, assuming you execute it well.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    2588 is VT+2 without DI, with DI its only 2142(?) so that should already be attained.
    Actually it's 2589... there is something about how the game rounds the numbers that you need that one extra point.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    Not convinced this is true, particularly with T13 4pc, everything I've done suggests that haste to VT+2 which is 2141 or 2589 depending on the existence of DI, then mastery is more DPS.

Of course we are talking a few hundred DPS and when you relate that to the fact most of us are doing 35 to 40k total DPS, it's hardly what I'd call game breaking but it's a DPS increase nonetheless.
    I think the difference is wider if you get DI. Basically if you get DI you'd need 1061 haste to get to 3202 haste instead of only needing 613 more haste without DI. So basically you have to forgo more mastery to get to 3202 with DI.

Haste is always superior to Mastery (except on Spine, of course), even on the way to 3202 and above. You always do your 4pc rotation, regardless of your stats.

Deleted
    Am still convinced that once you reach VT+2, mastery stacking is the way to go :33 All of my sims and tests have shown the same result, which is a tiny DPS increase from stacking mastery after VT+2.

And yes, it is worth MS/MBing even at that breakpoint.

Is it still a dps increase to do MS/MB rotation only with SF up, without AA?

Quote Originally Posted by exjay View Post
    Is it still a dps increase to do MS/MB rotation only with SF up, without AA?
    Our Priests have been finding that as a "no", but I can't really speak on behalf of the entire community. Would someone better qualified than myself like to step up with this?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    what is this ms/mb rotation? *I'm trying to squeeze every bit of dps out of my spriest and I see no mention of this in the stickied pve shadow priest guide up top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dkimxd View Post
    what is this ms/mb rotation? *I'm trying to squeeze every bit of dps out of my spriest and I see no mention of this in the stickied pve shadow priest guide up top.
    It's when you, during your fiend (and AA) with 4p t13 cast 3x Mind spike and then get a mind blast with 3 orbs and instant cast and 100% crit chance and you do that 2 times during your fiend and then go back to normal "rotation". There is a more detailed post on H2P with different rotations with and without instant (cancle aura mind melt macro) and with mind flay for the evengalism stacks.