Deleted

4st tier 13 - DISC

A question, this has been troubling me for a while now, well since we started on heroic modes.

has anyone done the maths on the tier13 4set for disc, and if/and what the internal cool down is etc etc?
    because i can personally see a larger benefit from keeping the 2set and losing the 4set if the proc chance is low.

As discipline i've found out (personal experiance, so take it lightly) that going for higher ilevel/better itemized stuff is better then going 4set.

For example, i'm using shoulder from hc morchok and normal t13 from shadow's set instead of 397 tier shoulders and a 384 tier chest.

Deleted
    I might be wrong, but I go for ilvl too.

It's a 10% chance, no internal cooldown - you are able to track as it procs "timeslip" when it occurs. There isn't really a huge difference in secondary stat allocation so if comparing the same ilvl options you might as well take the 4set. If though you only had access to say, 1/8 heroic and already had the heroic robe/shoulders off morchok, it might be worth sticking with your highest ilvl set. I would personally reccomend using the 4set though as a 10% chance for double rapture is nice (assuming you arent spamming shields willy nilly).

I went for my 4pc first, personally. I wanted to try it out for myself and see if it was as bad as I had read on the forums (it messes with Rapture timing! etc etc...).

When it's put on the tank, there's usually 1-4 seconds (obviously depending on damage) of delayed Rapture from the proc. Which can make a difference in just how many Raptures can proc over the course of the fight, but it makes up for that with the increased mana refund from it. Im fact, it gives me more mana of the course of a fight than not using the 4pc. In addition, it's discipline's job to negate incoming damage, so it makes sense that the player should desire the 100% extra absorb.

I'll add that the 4pc is also invaluable on H Spine for the damage absorb on the blood tank, and H Madness for the mana back and increased output of healing. It's a healing intensive fight and Rapture just makes it so much easier.

Anyway...

I like the 4pc and I'd recommend it. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. I think it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by travelsize View Post
    A question, this has been troubling me for a while now, well since we started on heroic modes.

has anyone done the maths on the tier13 4set for disc, and if/and what the internal cool down is etc etc?
    because i can personally see a larger benefit from keeping the 2set and losing the 4set if the proc chance is low.
    The proc chance is 10%, per the tooltip, and there's no internal cooldown.

Overall, the disc four set bonus isn't very good. For mana returns, if you can time rapture to proc on cooldown, the four set averages to an 7% of your total mana every two minutes. If you have 150k mana, that's 10,500 mana per proc, or 437 mp5. That's about what you'd get from the blood elf racial, and relatively insignificant alongside all other sources of mana returns. For healing, the bonus averages out to a 10% increase to your healing from PW:S. While that isn't bad, PW:S won't be a large part of your healing on most tier thirteen encounters. So in sum, the four set bonus provides a 10% increase to a spell that should be only a small portion of your healing, as well as relatively minor mana returns.

That said, even a mediocre set bonus should make tier gear more attractive than non-tier gear for disc. It all has at least roughly the same amount of intellect, and secondary stats are all pretty close in value. Getting the set bonus doesn't cost you anything.