Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mists of Pandaria Press Tour Soon, Thori'dal Statistics, War College, The Daily Blink

Diablo 3 - Diablo 3 - Release Date Rumor

Reminder - Mists of Pandaria Press Tour Next Week
    We are getting closer to the March 13-15 Mists of Pandaria Press Tour which will bring even more new Mists of Pandaria information! The NDA on the info revealed during the tour lifts on March 19 and will hopefully followed by the Alpha/Beta test shortly after. You can still discuss the new expansion in our Mists of Pandaria General Discussions Forum and check out the Mists of Pandaria Blizzcon 2011 Summary for a recap of what we already know.

In any case, it's only 2 weeks before things get interesting again, stay tuned!

Statistics: Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    Today we take a look at the rate at which people are acquiring Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury! The sample size was ~5.8 million level 85 characters with a total of ~8,400 that have the achievement. You can find an alternative form of the graph in the comments, broken down by class.

It's very interesting to see that even if you can't transmogrify legendary items, the announcement of Transmogrification at the end of August considerably increased the amount of people farming old raid instances such as Sunwell for gear.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

War College - Isle of Conquest
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The battlefields of World of Warcraft are littered with the bones of those who have become casualties in the ongoing conflict between the Horde and the Alliance. You do not need to become one of them. One of the keys to victory is knowledge, and that is where the World of Warcraft War College enters the picture. In these discussions between players, you can learn and share strategies with other players to improve your tactics and improve your odds of emerging victorious from the field of battle.

Are you a veteran Gladiator with countless victories tallied? Are you new to World of Warcraft and striving to improve your PvP skills? In this weekly feature, we invite players of all skill levels to ask questions, share tips and tactics, and join a conversation dedicated to surviving and thriving in World of Warcraft PvP.

This week, the topic of discussion is:
    Isle of Conquest - Which strategies are most effective in Isle of Conquest for your faction? Which locations are most important? What tips, tricks and tactics have you discovered? What common mistakes have you witnessed?

Join the War College forum thread here.

The Daily Blink - World of Warcraft is Saving the World!
    The Daily Blink explains why the recent subscriber losses are for the greater good.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-03-04 at 11:18 PM.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-03-04 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    I hope for a real date for D3 soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely excited for the NDA to lift and get that juicy news. The months after the NDA lifted for Cataclysm where amazingly fun.

Also, hope the beta starts beginning of April! That truly would be amazing.

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 11:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SpNiz View Post
    I hope for a real date for D3 soon!
    I believe we should actually be getting that in the next week or two from what I am hearing. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually looking for the date of the press tour in the previous pages. Thanks for the reminder.

Deleted
    Looking forward to that press tour.

10+ Year Old Account
    They forgot to include Warlocks!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

k,thx.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Deleted
    Thoridal has been dropping 3 weeks in a row now >< And its never my guildie who gets it XD

So why is there a NDA for the press event? Do we have to wait till the 19th for any info? Or am I missing something?

LOL so when WOTLK was released, only 139 ppl in the world had the legendary bow. I cant tell if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Good: really does mean legendary BAD: so pretty much no1 had it...and not many ppl rly had a shot at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    LOL so when WOTLK was released, only 139 ppl in the world had the legendary bow. I cant tell if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Good: really does mean legendary BAD: so pretty much no1 had it...and not many ppl rly had a shot at it.
    The bow was really bad, it wasn't even BiS for Hunters in current content. ;/

Deleted
    Does this mean we'll see stats for each legendary? I hope so because I'd like to know the stats for Thunderfury!
    Also, I would LOL so hard if they did the stats for that unique legendary amulet necklace that only 1 lucky person got!
    Last edited by mmocaf5892d726; 2012-03-04 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    Does this mean we'll see stats for each legendary? I hope so because I'd like to know the stats for Thunderfury!
    Also, I would LOL so hard if they did the stats for that unique legendary amulet necklace that only 1 lucky person got!
    Well theres no achievement for it :>

10+ Year Old Account
    (We're also hoping to have Vol'jin give a TED talk on alternative farming Methods)
    Vol'jin has always been a big advocate of terracing.

Anyway, I can't wait until the press event... Hopefully we get some nice in-depth detail about the Sha and the story arc of MoP.

139 characters that are still actively played and got leveled to 85. There is a significant difference!

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames View Post
    They forgot to include Warlocks!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

k,thx.
    You are one of the 3 warlocks in our DB that has it!
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-03-04 at 11:54 PM.

Good: Only the guilds that deserved something called a legendary got it.
    Bad: WoW devo's decided everyone should have everything with little effort resulting in the destruction of enjoying WoW.

I wonder why people want the legendary bow though as a hunter? Imo for my hunter there's just better looking weapons out there and it's a sore point in WoW history for me. Such a shitty legendary compared to the others now that one of the MAIN points that appealed about it (apart from it being BiS for damage at the time, obviously) was that it no longer required any ammo.

This was a MASSIVE thing late TBC and even through WotLK ammo remained an annoyance, when there such a thing as EPIC ammo during the ICC patch. It looks ALRIGHT, but as far as legendaries go, it's by far the weakest. Absolutely almost no lore to be found about it or epic questing to get your hands on it. Fuck me, the level 60 MC weapon quest chains probably hold more of a special place in Hunter's hearts.

Illidan's glaives were self explanatory; they were HIS. HIS WEAPONS. THAT HE STOLE. STOLE. FROM A PIT LORD. A FUCKING PIT LORD. ONE OF THE POWERFUL ONES.

The bow? Basically the lore is like this: 'uh yeah... some blood elf had it... yeah. A zombie ate him. Probably. Fuck it, it's orange, why are you asking about the lore, you're a hunter? All you can say is pew pew and kekbur.'
    Last edited by Frazzle.d; 2012-03-05 at 12:10 AM.

If Blizzard was smart they would let Legendarys be transmoged, they are hard to get but it would make people play a lot more then they do now, And WoW could use everything It can get.

Bummer, I had no idea that there was a week long NDA covering the press event... I was super excited for the 13th, guess I'll have to wait TWO weeks. =( That's okay, I fully expect a Diablo III release date announcement this week, maybe they'll throw some tidbits our way to keep my attention until we have MoP information.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    it was still used in naxx25 and therelike till you got envoy or therelike, nuff said
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.