Deleted

1 tank 2 heal Heroic Madness of Deathwing?

Is it possible?

I see people doing 1 tank 2 heal. 2 tank 3 heal and 2 tank 2 heal. So why not 1 tank 2 heal?

Every 3 man healing vid I see are struggling alot with healing. While the 2 man healer vid was kinda 'relaxed'. Which seems to make sense since adds die quick, but still P2 aoe damage is insane. They did however not use the normal platform order. They did the most right platform as 3th and the 2nd from left as last ( I think... saw the movie a long time ago )

Our comp =

Feral druid (stam gemmed)

Unholy dk (Blood OS)
    Shadow priest
    Balance druid
    Fire Mage
    Sub Rogue
    Ret Pally
    Surv Hunter

Holy paladin
    Resto druid

This means we have some decent OS healing (tranqs, hymns, Vampiric embrace). Immunities and AMZ for bolt on 4th platform. I heard the bolt reduces the initial damage alot. Also everyone is pretty geared (average 400 ilvl, 2 legendaries).

If this is possible I'd love to know what the tactic should be ( maybe include a link? ). Else the Priest will go healing as holy, but I'd rather 2 man heal it (since that seems way more challenging and the priest really wants to dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by odioushealer View Post
    When I two heal it, it's a breeze and I end the fight with almost full mana. We also have a boomkin, but we don't ask her to use tranquility because it's unnecessary.
    Yeah...right.

It's definetly possible to do it. I'd go with the DK tank so he can AMS stacks in P2 (with that said, if we had a feral tank we would have done it with 2 tanks, feral switching cat when he can, especially if you say that you have great dps (and the 10%)).
    We do it with almost the same setup and do the 3-1-2-4 order. We have shadow (me) mana hymn on 3rd and 5th platform. I also hymn at ~6% when healing gets rough.
    I also take the 2nd 3rd platform and 2nd 4th platform impales.

Quote Originally Posted by odioushealer View Post
    Here is a log from our kill this week http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11941&e=12585

You might want to take note that our boomkin didn't use tranquility, and that we had an awesome rogue who shadow-stepped himself to death half way through, yet it was still a breeze.
    isnt that 10m normal? this is about heroic

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    isnt that 10m normal? this is about heroic
    Oh, completely missed that. My bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    Yeah...right.

It's definetly possible to do it. I'd go with the DK tank so he can AMS stacks in P2 (with that said, if we had a feral tank we would have done it with 2 tanks, feral switching cat when he can, especially if you say that you have great dps (and the 10%)).
    We do it with almost the same setup and do the 3-1-2-4 order. We have shadow (me) mana hymn on 3rd and 5th platform. I also hymn at ~6% when healing gets rough.
    I also take the 2nd 3rd platform and 2nd 4th platform impales.
    Thanks for the usefull reply. I'll throw the idea about the feral going kitty for most of the fight in the group. But when does the feral need to swich to bear. The only time I can imagine is during P2 adds + 4p set for a aoe phase. He should go full agility then I guess. Don't think he wants to .

We can also lifegrip the bear out of the adds during P2 to reset his stacks (?).

Deleted
    Why two heal it when three healing it is a lot safer? Only thing you win is corruptions dying a bit quicker.

what dutchmagoz said. it's not like you can just zerg through the last phase. if you don't do it somewhat controlled and spawn stuff at the correct time, you'll just have multiple things happen at once and die. if you have dps issues with 1 tank 3 healers with the gear you mentioned, it's a severe case of mashing 1234 more often.

Deleted
    here you go, 1tank 2heal using a feral and 2 shadow priests prenerf. we were using the usual nhc order of plattforms (green, red, yellow, blue)
    kitty pov: youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pugIXq0nXvY

before we already did blackhorn and spine using our feral dps to tank pretty nice trick, especially for spine prenerf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatira View Post
    here you go, 1tank 2heal using a feral and 2 shadow priests prenerf. we were using the usual nhc order of plattforms (green, red, yellow, blue)
    kitty pov: youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pugIXq0nXvY

before we already did blackhorn and spine using our feral dps to tank pretty nice trick, especially for spine prenerf
    In the credits of the movie it stated that you were a Tank . Were you mainly a DPS or tank? I guess you are gemmed Agility too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stonedcold View Post
    Thanks for the usefull reply. I'll throw the idea about the feral going kitty for most of the fight in the group. But when does the feral need to swich to bear. The only time I can imagine is during P2 adds + 4p set for a aoe phase. He should go full agility then I guess. Don't think he wants to .

We can also lifegrip the bear out of the adds during P2 to reset his stacks (?).
    He'll mainly be there to take the impale (it's easier to taunt it than have all melee out of melee range). On some vidz I saw, he also take the regenerating bloods (this will depends on your dps on the corruption (with the 10%, it goes down surprisingly fast).

In P2, I guess he could dps the first add (both being tanked by the DK) and then taunt the second (or leave it to the DK and dps the congealing bloods).

On our kill (was done with the 5% :d), we did not need to lifegrip/taunt the adds off the Blood DK (he can reset stacks with his MAS). But this will all depends on your dps/healing.
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2012-03-05 at 04:13 PM.

On 10 man normal kinda cried for mana yesterday with 2 healers 1 tank strat. Alt run ofc not 400ish geared and with legendaries but not very far from it.

Doubt you can pull it off on heroic

Deleted
    If everyone knows what they are doing it should be possible.

I pugged 8/8 normal on my 387ish geared resto shaman the other day and we used 1 tank 2 heals for madness.
    if its a full guild run with decent communication it shouldn't be that difficult. especially with the 10%

Deleted
    Pally can more or less get a full mana bar at each platform's beginning. Definetly possible with some decent gear.

Here are logs of our 2 kills (with a similar setup): 1st (we kinda class stacked first week with 2 SP, which helped), 2nd

You could be interested in this thread, which contains a great video and a discussion i found helpful for our first kill.
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2012-03-05 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    On 10 man normal kinda cried for mana yesterday with 2 healers 1 tank strat. Alt run ofc not 400ish geared and with legendaries but not very far from it.

That's most likely because your dps were burning the limbs even though the corruption was still alive. If you're doing it correctly (= stop dpsing limp at 75 for the first 2 and 90 for the last 2 limbs) you can 2 heal it being half asleep.

On topic: We've tried 2 healing it a few times, but died to the raid damage below 10% boss health. If you really need the damage I'd say the best way would be to have your priest use a smite spec.

on 10m normal we do with 2 heals on alt/main runs, its the same soooo easy, even with 2 heals, the overheal is kinda big.

On heroic we gona try this week.

Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post

Ugh yes you can. Check WoL. Lots of guilds 1 tank 2 healing. Makes everything easier if your healers are any good.

Unless your dps is horrible, with the 10% debuff 1 tank 3 healers is the more "consistent" option.

The reason a lot of 2 heal videos look "smooth" is a lot of complexity and high-quality play that may not be obvious just watching grid. Having killed it twice at 5% and this week at 10%, I would highly recommend starting with 1 / 3 and only switching to 1 / 2 if you don't have enough dps. P1 is very easy now at 10% with 3 healers (even with no lust on platform 4) and there is no question P2 is easier with 3 healers. You can see our logs at server US Malganis, guild "Strat".

I heard that you can feign death the impale, thus getting no damage (just like vanish). Would you guys consider that an exploit?
    Last edited by thsoern; 2012-03-06 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thsoern View Post
    I heard that you can feign death the impale, thus getting no damage (just like vanish). Would you guys consider that an exploit?
    You can also do it with a shadow priest, but any of those strategies requires timing and fairly exact placement of the one who soaks that impale so no hardly an exploit.

You need alot of passive healing to do 1 tank 2 heals. (Well, I guess now at 10% it's not the case)
    For some healing compositions it's much easier too. Both of the healers need to have a good gearset.

And like a couple of people already said, there really isn't much a point in doing it that way, the fight will last almost as long, and you reduce the number of mistakes you can do.