Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What is this?
    sorry, used to killing the charr in GW

gonna take an adjustment to think of them as allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What is this?
    They aren't in game, but in lore there was a Charr shaman caste that pretty much fucked over the Charr race by unleashing the Titans.

---------- Post added 2012-03-05 at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea but the flavor of Guardians lends an impression of spiritualism.

In truth no profession is odd per race. The races are composed of individuals as diverse as humanity. But there is not much of a thread if we go down that path.
    Spiritualism doesn't have to mean adherence to a deity, which the Charr detest. I don't think there's any social stigma for Charr about being spiritual, just worshiping a deity.

I thought I read a developer saying that there wouldn't certain race/profession npc combos in game. The specifically mentioned that there wouldn't be any charr guardian npcs. I wonder if that is still true.

About the sylvari necro...the sylvari in Ghosts of Ascalon depicts very well why they are fascinated by death. She's a necro after all.
    None of them have died from natural causes, and so they find the very concept of death somewhat alien, mysterious and compelling.
    on-topic:
    The most natural...prob charr engineer, norn ranger/warrior. Human guardian (with the whole humans being a race in decline angle). I think asura ele is very apt as with their dynamics school of thought.
    Oddest...I would have to say asura ranger.
    But these are only stereotypes after all. There's always a reason to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I thought I read a developer saying that there wouldn't certain race/profession npc combos in game. The specifically mentioned that there wouldn't be any charr guardian npcs. I wonder if that is still true.
    There is a certain norn in game that is a ranger.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the leader of the Vigil a female Charr guardian?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Isn't the leader of the Vigil a female Charr guardian?
    I don't think we know what profession Almorra Soulkeeper is.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Spiritualism doesn't have to mean adherence to a deity, which the Charr detest. I don't think there's any social stigma for Charr about being spiritual, just worshiping a deity.
    Well, they live in a world where the immaterial and Gods [or at least VERY powerful beings from Charr POV] exist absolutely. The eventuality of spirituality is a divine transcendence or at least with the ethereal of the GWU. Which would include the beings other races see as divine.

I guess more interesting is; Would a Charr who achieved spiritual transcendence consider himself divine in the manner of 6 Human Gods?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we know what profession Almorra Soulkeeper is.
    Could have sworn I read somewhere she was a guardian... I'll do more research.

---------- Post added 2012-03-05 at 02:48 AM ----------

Well, they live in a world where the immaterial and Gods [or at least VERY powerful beings from Charr POV] exist absolutely. The eventuality of spirituality is a divine transcendence or at least with the ethereal of the GWU. Which would include the beings other races see as divine.

I guess more interesting is; Would a Charr who achieved spiritual transcendence consider himself divine in the manner of 6 Human Gods?
    Not entirely sure that's how that works with the guardian, there's really not a whole lot of info about them. Then again it says the guardians gain their power through the passion of protecting their allies. So maybe it isn't spiritual in a divine or holy sense, but rather like a "good spirit" personality kind of thing.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-03-05 at 02:54 AM.

They all make sense to me, some more than others. The most sense would be Human Guardian and the least would be Charr Mesmer. I just can't see a Charr waiting around to trick people I see them more of head on brutally attacking someone.

Yeah they said some races are less likely to be a certain profession and they want to show you that through the game, so you may never see a sylvari engineer for instance but if you did there will be a reason for it.
    Last edited by worprz; 2012-03-05 at 03:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I just can't see a Charr waiting around to trick people I see them more of head on brutally attacking someone.
    Agree. Even a Charr Elementalist seems strange to me. Why be so huge and buff with so much raw strength and use magic to kill your foes instead?

"RAWR LOOK AT MY HUGE FURRY BICEPS AND ARMS WHILE I STAB YOU WITH THIS PUNY DAGGER THE SIZE OF MY THUMB!!"

I saw so many charr elementalists in gw that it almost seems it makes more sense for that than a charr warrior, Fire Storm and Meteor Shower galore. I think it looked better there because the armor and stance of the charr made it seem more natural.

But a charr in a dress seems...out of place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Agree. Even a Charr Elementalist seems strange to me. Why be so huge and buff with so much raw strength and use magic to kill your foes instead?

"RAWR LOOK AT MY HUGE FURRY BICEPS AND ARMS WHILE I STAB YOU WITH THIS PUNY DAGGER THE SIZE OF MY THUMB!!"
    You can choose how masculant you are as a charr, I've seen some slender Charrs bumbling about.

Can probably be an Asura and view combat as a science. Like boxing or Sherlock Holmes [the recent films w/ RDJ], where by the Asua applies his intellect to the systematic destruction of his enemy by arms & tactics. Just cuz the Asura is a Warrior doesn't mean he has to be Conan. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Can probably be an Asura and view combat as a science. Like boxing or Sherlock Holmes [the recent films w/ RDJ], where by the Asua applies his intellect to the systematic destruction of his enemy by arms & tactics. Just cuz the Asura is a Warrior doesn't mean he has to be Conan. :P
    Sherlock Holmes was still buff. Brain can't fully cover the need for brawn. It doesn't matter how crafty and brilliant an archer is, if the bow doesn't have the force to launch an arrow hard enough it won't break the armor. My only explanation is that there is an unspoken rule where all asura warriors have their armor technologically augmented to grant them abnormal strength, kind of like master chief.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-03-05 at 03:50 AM.

I would assume an Asura is smart enough to know how to train his body & use equipment to suit his needs. Or just get the silly Cow/Cat creatures to chase a laser pointer! /immersion

10+ Year Old Account
    I would assume an Asura is smart enough to know how to train his body & use equipment to suit his needs. Or just get the silly Cow/Cat creatures to chase a laser pointer! /immersion
    They're all ugly rat weasels in my eyes. I demand Arenanet makes a weasel stomping day. We all go to rata sum with steel toe boots and go romper stomping.

---------- Post added 2012-03-05 at 04:02 AM ----------

The combo that I think is the most strange would be the Norn engineer. They seem to be the most primitive of the bunch, at least the stereotypical ones.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-03-05 at 04:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Asura Ranger, one with nature and having a pet? Psh, they have golems.
    Norn Engineer. Not spiritual or based on brawn.
    Charr Mesmer. Illusions and lies with very little direct effects seems very odd for them.
    Sylvari Guardian. Guardians are all about a burning fire of justice. It seems weird to have a sense of justice when all you know is from the Dream in the Pale Tree.
    Human....they are humans, they are always versatile.

Deleted
    Charr Mesmer - Just no...
    Norn Thief - Just no...
    Sylvaari Engineer - Just no...
    Asura Warrior/Ranger - seems the most unlogical to me.
    Human - Well we know them from various mmo's, fits most professions. But in my honest opinion they seem boring, too stereotyp-alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Asura Ranger, one with nature and having a pet? Psh, they have golems.
    Norn Engineer. Not spiritual or based on brawn.
    Charr Mesmer. Illusions and lies with very little direct effects seems very odd for them.
    Sylvari Guardian. Guardians are all about a burning fire of justice. It seems weird to have a sense of justice when all you know is from the Dream in the Pale Tree.
    Human....they are humans, they are always versatile.
    Err about that whole Asura Ranger thing <.<
    Yep