Thread: Pre potting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Pre-potting is essential for everyone. Even in 5 mans!

/crafts and auctions more pots

i would say depends on the gear tbh and how new the content is because i usually do 40k+ dps today on the bosses and tried to pre pot but thy died before my pot cd was overxD

Quote Originally Posted by banan163 View Post
    i would say depends on the gear tbh and how new the content is because i usually do 40k+ dps today on the bosses and tried to pre pot but thy died before my pot cd was overxD

You missed the sarcasm in his post. Why would you ever prepot a 5 man boss?

Quote Originally Posted by banan163 View Post

WHOOSH (that's the sound of Blackmist's post going over your head)

He is an alchemist. He is trying to increase the potential purchasers of his product.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoog View Post
    hmm ok.. i lose 4 sec bringing army up after pot, but then the whole army-time is +1200 str for them and i still have enough pot-time to drop a load of obliterates.. didn't realise that was a dps loss.

so basically i pre-pot then pof etc on my pof macro, then army so they have max stat snap-shot. if that's wrong i learnt something ty.
    aotd do very little dps/damage they didnt scale well with cata. so i would never waste the time to prepot before them, only after, also, how long does your tank give you in their countdown? if they are not, i suggest you ask your RL to have them start doing this for many reasons, pre-pots, someone realizes wrong gear spec for the fight at last second, that happens. etc. etc.

the best way everyone should be pre-potting is at 1 sec, and i hope everyones tanks countdown every single time before the pull. our tank is always 3 seconds, unless someone asks for a longer one, then he will.

do any of you help out your guild? i hope so, as in farm herbs on your herbal alts, our guild provides all the pots for our raiders, and doesnt require anyone to farm, but we appreciate it very much when people do and put em in the g-bank. that way you kill a boss that much faster and for progression, it can make the difference between a kill and not a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Pre-potting is one of those things that most guilds nag at you to do, because the "big guys" all do it!
    And, realistically, unless you're in a guild that can actually pull a boss on schedule, and coordinate everyone potting - it's basically a waste of a pot
    (And alot of gold.)

I've been in so many "progression minded" guilds that would demand I pre-pot for the few seconds of extra DPS... and then take 45 seconds to pull the boss, and make you wait another 10 for the tank to "get threat" and "position the boss."
    *sigh*
    Tanks should always count down before pulling the boss (as in 4-3-2-1... for pre pots), in the event he has to wait again, just wait for the potion to come off of cooldown. You will live if you end up losing a couple coppers over this scenario. And tanks should not ever take more than a second to get threat, whereas positioning the boss can be done through dps on the vast majority of fights.
    There is also a difference between "progression-minded" guilds who continually push through hardmodes at a healthy pace, and "progression -minded" guilds who are downing heroic content the first week its available, in nothing but last tiers gear... and really those are the ones who need pre-potting to actually down the boss. Otherwise, if you are getting the boss to within a few percent of death, a dps boost is a good thing. Also, if you are lusting at the start, a pre pot can be a very nice thing...

i

/dbm pull 10
    So you have the proper time to cast your AotD and drink your potion