Thread: blackhorn 10hc

Deleted

blackhorn 10hc

hi everyone. after we killed hagara last night we had a couple pulls on blackhorn hc before calling it, and we will be trying again on tuesday.

we will be running: holy pala/resto druid, fire mage/spriest/boomkin/hunter/combat rogue/retr, prot warrior and blood dk

im mainly looking for tips on how to control the fire, and how important it is to soak the barrages. i believe we killed the drakes before they flew off again, soaked the onslaughts as a group as usual and a barrage whenever we could, however when the 2nd set of adds landed the ship was already at 60 65% due to the broadside attack i assume

is this normal, do we need to soak more barrages or what?

regarding phase2 (assuming we get there, lol), how do you position the raid for goriona's consuming shroud? videos i've seen have either the ranged and healers stack up and move as a group out of the shockwaves, or just stay spread out. same goes after goriona flees, wouldnt it be best to split the 2 healers one on each side, so that they dont have to move out of the shockwaves at the same time, which could be risky when blackhorn is low on health and tank damage increases?

i dont have any logs yet, if we can progress a little tomorrow night i'll post'em so that it is possible to tell what we are doing wrong better than a simple wall of text can do.

any tip will be helpful, thanks

You have a good kill setup; should be very easy to kill the drakes in time - you should put dots on them while they fly above you btw.
    Get all barrages with everyone and get small ones only when it's safe (someone with cd/ 2 people with debuff) - don't force it to get that much or people may fail; 60% is fine.
    p2; goronia should cast like one or two zones so don't care that much; or is shroud the aoe explosion thing? simply ignore it (movement wise).
    We run together; do as you want; one heal 20m away from camp is fine =)

We have an almost identical comp to yours. We were originally trying to get all barrages, but found that this was totally unnecessary. You only need to get about 4 or 5 if you have everyone taking the onslaughts. Just tank the warriors in the middle, and split your ranged between the two drakes. Have your dot classes multi-dot everything, and assign the ret paly to a drake if you have trouble getting one side down. The blood dk can soak a bunch of the barrages with AMS and tank CDs, and so can your spriest with dispersion. Don't stress everyone out trying to get barrages, because it's a dps loss and often ends up causing deaths when combined with the charges. People should only take barrages when there's a group, or if they can safely solo it.

For the 3rd set of drakes, we don't kill one of them, so we can kill all the adds, and let the fire get put out before going into p2. The last fire breaks out at 25% of the ships health, which is about where it should be while the 3rd wave of adds come down.

For phase 2, we lust when Goriona comes down to get her our of the way as fast as possible. Everyone focuses Goriona and leaves blackhorn alone, to ensure he gains no vengeance until we're ready to deal with him.

We have two stacking points the group alternates between for shockwave. We everyone stands in line from the boss (melee and ranged). Ranged make sure they're out of range for disrupting roar, and move in closer afterward to make it easier move for the shockwave.

You should only get two consuming shrouds since Goriona should go down fast. Use tranq on one and divine hymn on the other. They totally trivialize the debuff. Just make sure they're timed so that disrupting roar or shockwave don't interrupt the cast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tuscar View Post
    however when the 2nd set of adds landed the ship was already at 60 65% due to the broadside attack i assume

is this normal, do we need to soak more barrages or what?
    Could be better but that's not terrible, you're still within kill range on that attempt. Broadside does 20% of the ships' current health so when the ship gets lower it'll do less and less damage.

regarding phase2 (assuming we get there, lol), how do you position the raid for goriona's consuming shroud? videos i've seen have either the ranged and healers stack up and move as a group out of the shockwaves, or just stay spread out. same goes after goriona flees, wouldnt it be best to split the 2 healers one on each side, so that they dont have to move out of the shockwaves at the same time, which could be risky when blackhorn is low on health and tank damage increases?
    Ranged and 1 healer who will be taking care of raid heals stack up together, the other healer who will be spamming tanks stays out so he doesn't have to move for shockwaves. Near the end both healers will have to output huge tank heals but that's what CDs are for. We use bloodlust at the transition in order to land Goriona asap.