Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Glyph of Lifebloom - While not in Tree of Life Form, casting Lifebloom on a new target grants that target as many applications as the old target had
    this seems kinda good but sounds kinda fishy, there gonna screw us somehow

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Glyph of Lifebloom - While not in Tree of Life Form, casting Lifebloom on a new target grants that target as many applications as the old target had
    this seems kinda good but sounds kinda fishy, there gonna screw us somehow
    Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Glyph of Lifebloom - While not in Tree of Life Form, casting Lifebloom on a new target grants that target as many applications as the old target had, but Lifebloom has a 6 sec cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I don't really get how Bloodlust fits Shamans...

    "I need to calm the elements, and through our sacred bond we will - wait, is that a fucking boss? I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY! I'M GOING TO KILL HIM! NO, WAIT! I'M GOING TO RAPE HIM THEN KILL HIM! WITH SPOONS! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!"

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    Look at the rogue daggers, they have the ability to increase your agility. Agility gives bears survivability so it would make it viable for them as well.
    While an Agility-based gain would provide benefit to Bears, the question would then be whether a tank would benefit from the slight survivability/damage gain more than a DPS would from the much larger damage gain in a progression setting - just as it was during ICC. Looking at Cataclysm's model for legendaries (and even WotLK) implies that one person per raid would likely be able to work on it at a time, and as a result tanks would likely be prioritized near the bottom of the list as far as mains went in most cases (at least, in a majority of guilds).

    Also have to take into consideration tanks were not nearly as balanced in ICC as they are now. Cooldowns and large Health pools trumped everything when it came to tanking in Wrath. A DK tank with Shadowmourne could never compare to a bears armor/HP pool, or a Prot paladins Ardent defender, which is why you didn't see a sudden spike in DK tanks with Shadowmourne. Tanking in cata became alot more balanced across the board. A legendary introduced to one of them could be just what that tank needs to become almighty, and then i gaurentee you will see a spike in that tank spec for progression raiding.
    This still happens. Block tank on H:Madness? Hope you have two Disc priests. Need to minmax damage for that first H:Ultraxion kill? A Feral tank may be a good choice. Kiting on H:Spine? The block tank with lots of mobility is probably a good choice.

    Blizzard has talked a lot about refining all of the tank models for MoP to achieve more similar playstyle, and ideally they'll 'get it right' this time; fact of the matter is, though, the different tanks will always have their various strengths and weaknesses on a fight-to-fight basis and in the end those will matter a lot more when considering which tank to use than the proc of a legendary. Then again, speculation on the legendary even being aimed this way anyways, so :shrug:

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ristaccia View Post
    Blizzard has talked a lot about refining all of the tank models for MoP to achieve more similar playstyle, and ideally they'll 'get it right' this time; fact of the matter is, though, the different tanks will always have their various strengths and weaknesses on a fight-to-fight basis and in the end those will matter a lot more when considering which tank to use than the proc of a legendary. Then again, speculation on the legendary even being aimed this way anyways, so :shrug:
    You're also putting in the assumption that every 10 man guild out there has a huge amount of tanks just sitting there on raid nights with a "pick me, pick me" attitude. When Blizz started to move away from mandatory 25 mans (and the separate lockouts), they had to swing towards balancing tanking out. Most changes they have made towards the homogenization of tanks have worked out nicely. If they continue that trend there's no reason to assume that a legendary wouldn't greatly increase one tank class over the others.

  5. #25
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Glyph of Lifebloom - While not in Tree of Life Form, casting Lifebloom on a new target grants that target as many applications as the old target had, but Lifebloom has a 6 sec cooldown.
    I don't think so. I think it's basically soul-swap but for Lifebloom. We've seen DPS classes get something similar.

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    Do you think ferals will be given the love and get a legendary this expansion?
    theyre probably gonna make a legendary agil polearm/staff

  7. #27
    Pit Lord BoomChickn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Some place
    Posts
    2,427
    So, have a most interesting bug here for me. Copy pasted from forums

    Tree form (Incarnation) is usable as both restoration AND balance specializations without the talent for it. I copied the character in restoration specialization and it reset only my restoration specialization. I then picked it again, and grabbed talents taking Soul of the Forest (Whichever one isn't incarnation or treants). I then still had incarnation (tree form) without the talent, and it was fully functional. I then switched to balance specialization and then noticed I still had it on my bars. It was also fully functional. This can be pretty serious for balance druids seeing how powerful it can be with a solar eclipse and then celestial alignment for very powerful wrath spam.

    Any druids have this happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

  8. #28
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    So, have a most interesting bug here for me. Copy pasted from forums

    Tree form (Incarnation) is usable as both restoration AND balance specializations without the talent for it. I copied the character in restoration specialization and it reset only my restoration specialization. I then picked it again, and grabbed talents taking Soul of the Forest (Whichever one isn't incarnation or treants). I then still had incarnation (tree form) without the talent, and it was fully functional. I then switched to balance specialization and then noticed I still had it on my bars. It was also fully functional. This can be pretty serious for balance druids seeing how powerful it can be with a solar eclipse and then celestial alignment for very powerful wrath spam.

    Any druids have this happen?
    If true, it's obviously a bug. So not sure what your aim is here. Report it to the bug forums.

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  9. #29
    I am one of the few resto I see doing PvP lately, so one question, in MoP, are we actually up there with the other healers? As in I won't be looked past just because I am resto.

  10. #30
    Brewmaster AutomaticBadger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,337
    Has anyone tried to use symbiosis on a Mage and summon their Forces of Nature? Should look interesting watching that many Wraths flying all over the place.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

  11. #31
    I've been wondering what's people thoughts regarding the upcoming changes to druid's tanking spec, specially with the reworked Savage Defense (no longer granting absorbs on crits). If I remember right the whole excuse for removing the absorb concept from savage defense was due to how it looked too similar to blood DK's own Death Strike - Mastery combo, but judging by how our mastery is looking now (Flat increase in armor... yes it is that boring) I think they should've put some more effort to find a way around to differentiate both mechanics. Here are some ideas for example:

    - Fix Live Savage Defense so your current absorb can't be overwritten by smaller SD absorbs (reasoning below).
    - Differentiate mechanics through CD's and Glyphs. Some ideas next:
    - CD #1: Your next Savage Defense proc absorbs 100% more damage (on demand, short or no cooldown at all, with high rage cost, like the SD on beta atm)
    - CD #2: For the next X seconds (6 to 10) your Savage Defense no longer absorbs incoming damage, but the absorb effect stacks for the duration (1 to 2 min CD, usable as a "save-up-resources" cooldown before high physical damage phases. Also, this would require the SD absorb size check mentioned above to work properly)
    - Glyph #1: While your Barkskin effect is active on you, Savage Defense absorbs magic damage instead of Physical damage (this gives the possibility to improve magic damage mitigation slightly or couple Barkskin with CD#1 or CD#2 for a massive magic damage absorb)

    These are just some ideas that went through my head lately
    Last edited by Bysu; 2012-05-01 at 05:34 AM.

  12. #32
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Bysu View Post
    I've been wondering what's people thoughts regarding the upcoming changes to druid's tanking spec, specially with the reworked Savage Defense (no longer granting absorbs on crits). If I remember right the whole excuse for removing the absorb concept from savage defense was due to how it looked too similar to blood DK's own Death Strike - Mastery combo, but judging by how our mastery is looking now (Flat increase in armor... yes it is that boring) I think they should've put some more effort to find a way around to differentiate both mechanics. Here are some ideas for example:

    - Fix Live Savage Defense so your current absorb can't be overwritten by smaller SD absorbs (reasoning below).
    - Differentiate mechanics through CD's and Glyphs. Some ideas next:
    - CD #1: Your next Savage Defense proc absorbs 100% more damage (on demand, short or no cooldown at all, with high rage cost, like the SD on beta atm)
    - CD #2: For the next X seconds (6 to 10) your Savage Defense no longer absorbs incoming damage, but the absorb effect stacks for the duration (1 to 2 min CD, usable as a "save-up-resources" cooldown before high physical damage phases. Also, this would require the SD absorb size check mentioned above to work properly)
    - Glyph #1: While your Barkskin effect is active on you, Savage Defense absorbs magic damage instead of Physical damage (this gives the possibility to improve magic damage mitigation slightly or couple Barkskin with CD#1 or CD#2 for a massive magic damage absorb)

    These are just some ideas that went through my head lately
    Personally,I like the Mastery Armor simple because of one reason- being THE RNG tank this expansion was suckish. Sure, on average, we may take a bit less damage, but having those rare chains where we dont dodge OR absorb sucks. Having a sure-fire way to mitigate damage is awesome. Mastery does need buff on beta though.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  13. #33
    I am for one debating whether to keep playing my druid as a main character in MoP. I'm not in the beta so I can't make a formed opinion. If someone who is could give his opinion on my concerns, I'd appreciate it. Here we go:

    - Tanking is an important part of why I play druid. It seems to me that there lack of cooldown on savage defense would make for a frantic playstyle in which not only do we have to maintain threat and manage cooldowns, but also to do a little "dance" of getting rage up as fast as possible to maintain SD uptime. I understand the idea of spending resources for threat or mitigation, but I feel there is not going to be much a "choice" there in gameplay, and that ultimately it's going to amount to "go for threat for a couple of second, then go for mitigation, then watch Omen all fight long to make decisions based on this addon. Ultimately, I don't want to tank like that. You're free to disagree of course, but I lead a raid, I got more important things to do than watch Omen all the time to make sure I max my SD uptime while maintaining threat. Some of you will flame me for asking for a more lenient gameplay, and I can understand that. I just don't want the frantic playstyle of a dps or healer when I'm tanking. So what is it? How does it feel compared to live?

    - Second, feral PVP. I understand the balance of things was somewhat favorable to us in cata. I don't see a lot of ferals in the top arena teams, but yes, I thought we had the means to do pretty well. What I'm confused about is the monk spell "Detox". At first I read it thinking "you can't be serious." But apparently it's not a bug. The new class will be able to remove ALL of a target's bleed effects in ONE global. I don't understand. By far the biggest portion of our damage comes from this. It's like having a button to press that would negate 80% of frost damage for the next 10 seconds... on a 10 seconds cooldown. The question is this: am I missing something, or is the spec going to be obliterated by any monk showing up in a BG or arena team?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    I am for one debating whether to keep playing my druid as a main character in MoP. I'm not in the beta so I can't make a formed opinion. If someone who is could give his opinion on my concerns, I'd appreciate it. Here we go:

    - Tanking is an important part of why I play druid. It seems to me that there lack of cooldown on savage defense would make for a frantic playstyle in which not only do we have to maintain threat and manage cooldowns, but also to do a little "dance" of getting rage up as fast as possible to maintain SD uptime. I understand the idea of spending resources for threat or mitigation, but I feel there is not going to be much a "choice" there in gameplay, and that ultimately it's going to amount to "go for threat for a couple of second, then go for mitigation, then watch Omen all fight long to make decisions based on this addon. Ultimately, I don't want to tank like that. You're free to disagree of course, but I lead a raid, I got more important things to do than watch Omen all the time to make sure I max my SD uptime while maintaining threat. Some of you will flame me for asking for a more lenient gameplay, and I can understand that. I just don't want the frantic playstyle of a dps or healer when I'm tanking. So what is it? How does it feel compared to live?

    - Second, feral PVP. I understand the balance of things was somewhat favorable to us in cata. I don't see a lot of ferals in the top arena teams, but yes, I thought we had the means to do pretty well. What I'm confused about is the monk spell "Detox". At first I read it thinking "you can't be serious." But apparently it's not a bug. The new class will be able to remove ALL of a target's bleed effects in ONE global. I don't understand. By far the biggest portion of our damage comes from this. It's like having a button to press that would negate 80% of frost damage for the next 10 seconds... on a 10 seconds cooldown. The question is this: am I missing something, or is the spec going to be obliterated by any monk showing up in a BG or arena team?
    The bleed removal of Detox was switched to Diseases. We no longer have to worry about Monks completely countering us.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    The bleed removal of Detox was switched to Diseases. We no longer have to worry about Monks completely countering us.
    Good news, thanks for that!

  16. #36
    Been playing around on my bear on the beta finally.

    Seems odd, but I'm not seeing any play agility benefits bears any more. Am I overlooking something? I mean aside from threat, which has been trivialized.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Quick Moonkin question: Has there been anything implemented to help with DPS/casting on the move? My apologies I just don't have time to follow all the changes and am hoping somebody can enlighten me.
    Lunar Shower has been reverted and leaves your energy untouched like in T11 http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=33605

  18. #38
    Mechagnome Shifthappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Armin Van Buuren's Parties
    Posts
    711
    What do you guys think of using Thrash for single target DPS in MoP? i did a little test on Beta

    1 Thrash with tiger's fury up did 52114 dmg
    17974 Was the initial crit
    4173
    4173
    8593 (crit)
    8593 (crit)
    8593 (crit)

    Same thing was done for Shred and
    normal Crits for about 36k to 40k at the most

    For extra 10 energy Thrash did more dmg then Shred, i know it doesnt add combo points, but it scales with Mastery

    Im in half 410 gear btw with heroic vial and spire
    i7 980X 4.2GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨............................
    2x OCZ Agility 2 (120g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨...........................
    Patriot 12 gig 2000........................................ ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸............................
    Gigabyte GTX 580...................................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø......................

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    What do you guys think of using Thrash for single target DPS in MoP? i did a little test on Beta

    1 Thrash with tiger's fury up did 52114 dmg
    17974 Was the initial crit
    4173
    4173
    8593 (crit)
    8593 (crit)
    8593 (crit)

    Same thing was done for Shred and
    normal Crits for about 36k to 40k at the most

    For extra 10 energy Thrash did more dmg then Shred, i know it doesnt add combo points, but it scales with Mastery

    Im in half 410 gear btw with heroic vial and spire
    In what way would you like to gain your vital CP then? Since Thrash doesn't give any, I'd say it shouldn't be used for what it isn't meant to be :-) Nevertheless, it is nice for AoE, since Swipe deals additional damage to bleeding targets (iirc)

    Anyway, having seen the new talent trees the way they are at the moment, I can see that cats have to give up a lot of lovely stuff: increased movement speed versus Improved Feral Charge; which I love in my current rotation. And all in all, there are just a few talents suitable for bossfights; nearly all give you abilities to which bosses are immune, i.e. stuns, dazes and so on. So, will these be revamped, because it's mainly focused on non-boss events?

  20. #40
    Can someone tell me how druids are looking for mop? im planning on maining one, i want to know competitive specs for pve and pvp.i dont care if i play tank heal dps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •