Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    NS+HS heals more or similar to Renew for Boomkins, while having many other uses and lower cd, so no point not picking it up for both PvE and PvP.

Glyph of Moonbeast is also good for both areas and there aren't any others to use.

Still clunky mechanic is clunky.
    Yes, I would still be taking moonbeast at all times, I still just don't like the feeling that I have to.

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzyb View Post
    PvP has never been about maxing/mining damage from a rotation point of view. It's all about burst and this gives us high burst potential. You're going to be healing yourself in PvP anyways, so you might as well get something out of it.
    A lot of balance comps have not required burst, and battleground setups absolutely don't need it, dotcleaving is way better and right now I am actually preferring Cenarion Ward, a lot of melee are harder to shake if they chase you down from your cast spot, so I like being able to pre-hot and reapply, it's a lot of healing if you can see damage coming.

So in that context, yes, it is about min/maxing which heals for more, offset by the fact that there is a chance cenarion ward could be dispelled before proccing if you aren't careful. Tbh I like DoC for pvp, I just prefer not to use nature's swiftness but the synergy between the combo is a little too good to ignore.

I haven't been able to keep up with this as much as I'd like lately, so I have a quick question. Awhile ago there was some confusion about Mushrooms and Solar. Did we ever get a confirmation about benefit or no benefit from the Solar buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I haven't been able to keep up with this as much as I'd like lately, so I have a quick question. Awhile ago there was some confusion about Mushrooms and Solar. Did we ever get a confirmation about benefit or no benefit from the Solar buff?
    Yes they did bring back the Solar scaling but their damage modifier (from spellpower?? ) remained at the original beta low.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzyb View Post
    These talents aren't on the same tier. Perhaps you mean Nature's Vigil?
    I meant HotW. Always confuse it with SotF.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    So in that context, yes, it is about min/maxing which heals for more, offset by the fact that there is a chance cenarion ward could be dispelled before proccing if you aren't careful. Tbh I like DoC for pvp, I just prefer not to use nature's swiftness but the synergy between the combo is a little too good to ignore.
    I don't have the beta, so everything is a theorycraft aside from what I hear from reputable moonkins that are beta testing right now. I haven't heard a single thing about cenarion ward, so that being an option for a boomkins in pvp never crossed my mind. The numbers sound low to me without knowing the scaling, and having the utility of a 50% increased duration instant cyclone or roots OR a 50% bigger healing touch adds too much utility to me. Especially now that DoC is going to synergize like crazy with NS, I can't see taking anything but NS at this point (PvE or PvP). I'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Moonfire (Balance) Burns the enemy for (706 + 27.3% 634 + 24.6% of SP) Arcane damage and then an additional (2,817 + 27.3% 1,967 + 24.6% of SP) Arcane damage over 18 sec. 14 sec.
    Wrath (Balance) Causes (2,536 + 119.8% Causes (2,207 + 104.2% of SP) Nature damage to the target.
    Solar Eclipse When you reach 100 Solar Energy you will trigger a Solar Eclipse, increasing all Nature damage done by 20%. 15%. Lunar Eclipse When you reach 100 Lunar Energy you will trigger a Lunar Eclipse, increasing all Arcane damage done by 20% 15% and transforming your Hurricane spell into Astral Storm.
    Mastery: Total Eclipse Increases the bonus damage from Eclipse by 20%. 15%.
    Starfire (Balance) Causes (4,628 + 205.0% Causes (4,020 + 178.4% of SP) Arcane damage to the target.
    Sunfire Burns the enemy for (706 + 27.3% 634 + 24.6% of SP) Nature damage and then an additional (2,817 + 27.3% 1,967 + 24.6% of SP) Nature damage over 18 sec. 14 sec.

Well now that blizzard retards fucked moonkins up, time to find a new class to main, anyone who says having to use a heal as a moonkin 'isnt bad' go play a damn healer SPEC, it is the most stupid idea ive ever seen blizzard come up with, they might be making expansions better but they are making classes and specs worse!!! GG

Not going to lie - "nerfs" across the board for balance has made me pretty upset. I'm really looking forward to reading feedback in regards to how much of an actual nerf it has been. It just seems we're going to run short of having our dots last an entire eclipse now which while I'm used to I was also excited to test things out. I cannot be bothered leveling to 90 to test them out myself as I hate leveling enough as it is.

Omg so many nerffffffffffs, at least they could have buffed 1 thing just for bad eye lololol
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!

I am in a FIT of RAGE at these retarded nerfs we are getting, they will have ZERO pro moonkins playing at this rate, the casual bads will still play and say 'Yay I can heal and DPS at same time woot fun!

the nerfs are justified in the current state of the beta.
    balance is significantly ahead of the next best dps ranking, as shown here http://simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html

no one likes to be nerfed, but the "its moonkins turn to be OP" mindset isn't a good one either; i agree a buff would be nice to see in that wall of nerfs though (just to ease the dream-shattering)=P

changes in play style and rotation are inevitable though as well in a patch.... why is it that pressing a 'healing' button to increase your damage is any worse than having to press any other button that purely increases damage.
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2012-08-08 at 05:29 AM.

Shrom is that is that link as of today or estimated change from todays beta patch?

I don't mind adding a heal into my rotation - to me it really is no different to having to place mushrooms down one by one mid fight. Sure it's annoying but if it helps it helps.

im not 100% sure sorry, but as far as im aware its from before these changes.
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2012-08-08 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    the nerfs are justified in the current state of the beta.
    balance is significantly ahead of the next best dps ranking, as shown here http://simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html

no one likes to be nerfed, but the "its moonkins turn to be OP" mindset isn't a good one either; i agree a buff would be nice to see in that wall of nerfs though (just to ease the dream-shattering)=P

changes in play style and rotation are inevitable though as well in a patch.... why is it that pressing a 'healing' button to increase your damage is any worse than having to press any other button that purely increases damage.
    i agree with this guy, more or less, about the nerfs and all that stuff,
    But its a bad decision by blizz to really force healing into rotations, thats not being hybrid, thats just using overhealing for almost nothing =/, What im saying is it's weird to have to cast a heal for a rotation, but its going to be almost insane for some fights, oh, our tanks taking a lot of dmg? oh, look i have this healing touch just in time, that type of thing, even tho it wont be likely.

I think nerfs were probably required, but this isn't as such a nerf - more reverting us back to 15739 where these 10% buffs came in, so they've buffed us, and then almost double nerfed us on some of the same spells a couple builds later. I think they had balance in a very good place once they removed Fae Empowerment, all they needed to-do was adjust things slightly by addressing DoC and perhaps the DoTs to some effect, but the wall of text on druids on the front page looks like they've gone overboard.

We were to powerful , even on the ptr i was destroying at 70k single target but i hope it isn't going to be overboard on the nerfs. I would like to be competitive on single target this expansion :|

Quote Originally Posted by Exoblade View Post
    We were to powerful
    We were too powerful because of the overbuffed DoC, without it moonkins were pretty well balanced.
    I don't know why Blizz have decided to leave DoC "as is" and nerf everything else instead. It just doesn't make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    What noone else has mentioned is how many other classes got nerfed. Pretty much everything (except monks ofc, they got buffed lolwtfbbq!?) got nerfed, I think hunters maybe even got hit harder than us? Yes we got hit hard, and there wasnt even a tiny plus but we're not the only ones. I think this is an effort to lower overall dps, in the game (although I not sure why they didnt just retune the bosses) maybe this is easier than nerfing every mob in the game - I don't know. Just my two cents.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Nerf was totally justified . We were very strong in Dps. Also I wouldn't start screaming about HT in our rotation ... yet . I'm kinda sure that with the next big patch this will be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by SolTheDruid View Post
    We were too powerful because of the overbuffed DoC, without it moonkins were pretty well balanced.
    I don't know why Blizz have decided to leave DoC "as is" and nerf everything else instead. It just doesn't make any sense.
    They haven't. It will be nerfed in the next patch. Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=189#3767

The nerfs you see in this build help bring Moonkin down to the right level without Dream of Cenarius. Dream of Cenarius is still on the chopping block, and will be appropriately adjusted soon.