Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude get real. Your character got reported for sounding like a female body party, and then you got the warning. BioWare isn't racist, and it sounds very much like you are making the whole story up.

Deleted
    Dumb people like to yell racist.
    Hilarious tho.

Deleted
    Don't care what it says.... Know what it looks like it says.

They're not racist, although you are certainly a little naive.

WTF? I named my toon Nutsaculus and never got banned. But Nutsaculus sounds like a mighty warrior. So I could see Bioware's mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    To you it may not sound that way, but to some people it will.
    well people don't know how to sound out the words then seen as it sounds the same in english as it does spanish. Like Fajita without a T and with an N. only people that would think otherwise are sex fiend 12 year olds.

well played, sir.

Of course theyre going to do something like this. Its a game in english. If they took into consideration every other language and how things could be misinterpreted, a lot of names could slid by.

Its a name that, in english, is easily taken the wrong way.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

10+ Year Old Account
    2nd rule of fight club is you don't post again in the thread. 0/10 for breaking the rules.
    Waiting on GW2 and Z.O.E. HD collection.
    Currently playing WoW and hating YGO.
    My Feral druid Main
    And most importantly I shall give you the means to travel faster than the fastest starship. To soar to the ends of the universe and beyond.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy029 View Post
    did you just say that the spanish are not a race?
    Spanish is as much a race as american is a race...

Sorry I am not seeing what is so funny about my dead grandmother, I should have know better then to trust the community here and take racism seriously. my fault entirly.

---------- Post added 2012-03-05 at 03:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sayier View Post
    when you fill out a job application does it leave out spanish under race? nope

Sorry I am not seeing what is so funny about my dead grandmother, I should have know better then to trust the community here and take racism seriously. my fault entirly.

Hispanic, not Spanish.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    No way! Look at all of the races you can play in game and see that they are all the same.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, his alt is named Jack Mehoff.
    Waiting on GW2 and Z.O.E. HD collection.
    Currently playing WoW and hating YGO.
    My Feral druid Main
    And most importantly I shall give you the means to travel faster than the fastest starship. To soar to the ends of the universe and beyond.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sayier View Post
    They are both nationalities, not races. There is a pretty big difference.

Deleted
    trolls regenerate health but are susceptible to fire

10+ Year Old Account

Actually, yes, yes it does or at least I have always seen it asked if you are of LATIN or HISPANIC descent.

Deleted
    I think this is pretty stupid, even if the OP is trolling. If it is not directly and accurately spelled dirty word then they shouldn't have banned it. Otherwise they could ban like half the names because they remind them of some slang word. You can justify anything like, for example a character named Bone could be dirty or character named Coffee could be racist.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I think this is pretty stupid, even if the OP is trolling. If it is not directly and accurately spelled dirty word then they shouldn't have banned it. Otherwise they could ban like half the names because they remind them of some slang word. You can justify anything like, for example a character named Bone could be dirty or character named Coffee could be racist.
    No....those aren't even close to the op's......just...just stop.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

It's a pretty obvious troll, but if it actually was true it'd be hilarious. So I'll give you some points.

well people don't know how to sound out the words then seen as it sounds the same in english as it does spanish.
    And that's why it was flagged for a rename/ban, assuming you really aren't a troll of course, people are idiots and assume the Spanish letters "J"("ll" included(as in Llama) aren't pronounced the same as they are in English and as such they read it as they think it's pronounced and deem it offensive and Bioware, while likely knowing the difference, got enough reports they decided it may have been a play on words to get an offensive character name past the filters.

BTW

- Organize, effectuate or participate in any activity, group, guild that is harmful, abusive, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise offensive, obscene, threatening, bullying, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, encourages conduct that would violate a law or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable and/or inappropriate. Hate speech is not tolerated.
    is in their rules of conduct and break it themselves.