Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elfispresley View Post
    The bit I liked about this video, was the comment "its all about the quality of service". We're paying them for the service and not the game
    This isn't the 1st time they've mentioned "quality of service" RIFT @ GamesCom 2011 @ about 16min they mention "feeding the beast" and "Our Philosophy is we constantly have to "GIVE" content customers are giving us $$"... that right there won me over and i knew right then as long as they have that mind set i'll be happy playing rift.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFF Bring on 1.8!!!! Good hell this looks AWESOME!!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

REPETITIVE LETTERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm bouncing off the walls already, but that may just be the caffeine..

Found this one when I got in tonight from their Facebook, haven't seen it posted yet or watched it but it may appeal to some:

g4TV
    Last edited by Fluffygong; 2012-03-06 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Failed epicly at trying to embed the video

Impressive. More proof Trion is the best at MMO Development!

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    the way trion pushes content though while it may not be the best from a polished bug free perspective, but i am willing to deal with the bugs going live if it gets me content faster. Cause once a bug is found on live servers it usually gets fixed within a week if not sooner for game breaking bugs. And it feels like each major patch seems to get bigger and bigger as they get new tech into the game.

BUFF BARDS

I really do not encounter very many bugs which break playability. Or even have many guildies with complaints of bugs. HK bosses bugged was super frustrating (Zilas...) but those were fixed constantly.

The only time I think you could say they make 'game breaking bugs' would be when they accidently massively nerf a class, I believe this happened to warriors recently and they actually patched it very very, think they threw out a mid afternoon hot fix so it was ready for raiding. I'm curious too what kind of schedule Trion employees have to work with the rate they fix stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played this for a bit level 40. And I was very impressed and they are keeping up the steam. Good for them!

The only time I think you could say they make 'game breaking bugs' would be when they accidently massively nerf a class, I believe this happened to warriors recently and they actually patched it very very, think they threw out a mid afternoon hot fix so it was ready for raiding. I'm curious too what kind of schedule Trion employees have to work with the rate they fix stuff.
    Trion have discrete teams and each team works on an iteration or build. Which is why they are fast but also why occasionally adding a new mount makes Elves' heads grow to the size of Sanctum. But those weird things are very rare or hard to produce consistently. If you look at the hotfixes, it's a lot of "Fixed an issue where mining nodes in Scarwood granted herbs instead of ore. Oops.", etc.

There were only a handful of bugs I encountered on live which were very frustrating- usually raid bosses after a wipe.

Didn't know rift was still alive, quit it shortly after reaching 50 like a year ago.

Is it still well populated or is it dead? Might be worth checking rift out again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Didn't know rift was still alive, quit it shortly after reaching 50 like a year ago.

Is it still well populated or is it dead? Might be worth checking rift out again
    It doesn't have 10 million subs but it's profitable and the population is steadily growing (they're also expanding the game out to asia/russia)

Russia was a few months back, Korea/China is the next market.

Maybe i have to convince the guildies to move on to Rift.
    I will defo try the game before that, but the pace new content is added plus the unique raids for 10 and 20, plus the way characters seems to built is simply amazing!
    Those guys diserve a shot!

Deleted
    Goosebumps!

Trion/Rift really deserves more attention then they are getting atm!
    Best in market for sure!

cant wait for the city zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Great for the peeps that like the game!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popko View Post
    cant wait for the city zone
    this and that fishing, trapping thing. obviously we know what fishing is, but im curious to know what that trapping will be about.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    im curious to know what that trapping will be about.
    Gonna trap me some Eth women and force them to marry me