The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Does anyone here need a buddy in GW1 to do HoM ASAP?

Ugh I have no clue wtf to do I have looked at some youtube guides but I can't understand a word of what they are talking about. I am lv18 have been playing maybe 24 hour's I am 2/13 canthan mission so far at this rate i am going to be at it until halloween? lol I know its not a fast process but I hear it can be done in a month or 2. Anyone here got an pointers?

Deleted
    If you have all of the expansions / campaigns. Start with Nightfall. Play up to level 10 there, this will give you 3 hereos. Then take the mission in Kamadan and travel to the Eye of the North area. This will net you another 2 Heroes. 1 Monk/Healer and 1 Elementalist.

Play the Eotn expansion up to Gunnars Hold. Take the Kilroy Stoneskin quest from gunnars hold and use it to level up to 20. Then go back to Nightfall and finish the campaign.

My tips would be dont spend Platinum on armor and or any wastefull junk unless you are needs new armor. Id suggest holding off buying any untill you find you are getting killed very easily.

Run with both the Monks you have, plus Koss and Zekk.

By the time you end Nightfall you will have enough Platinum to buy one prestige armor set. If you want more HoM points save the Platinum for hero skills and then move over to Factions and play the story untill you can choose Kurzick or Luxon factions. Buy one of those sets for an extra HoM point.

If you want some nice Orange items, search for Nightfall treasure on the google/wiki. You can net around 20k/plat from this alone.

Finish up both Night fall and Factions. This should net you a few easy points. After you have completed atleast one campaign move back over to Eye of the North and unlock the tapestry items you need so you can dedicate Heros, Armor and titles.

Dont forget to pick M.O.X from outside Kamadan at level 10. Hes already max level and is a huge boost to any party in the early game. Also he doesnt require and Hero Armor to be put in your HoM.

Dont try to do everything at once, I found setting a goal for your initial HoM points made the whole deal seem alot less daugnting. My first goal was 15 HoM points. Which I have solo'd with my Hero builds. I play very casualy and mostly for the challenge / fun of beating the harder areas.

Check out http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome and work out the points you can easily get.

This is my HoM
    http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I working on Hero Armor and Weapons atm. So I have a few more easy points to get. This has been all through solo play. Some evenings.

As you can see Ive met my first goal on 15 HoM. For the Black Moa bird pet Even though I will probably be playing a Mesmer now. :S lol
    Last edited by mmoc3d9f9afe84; 2012-03-05 at 05:36 PM. Reason: links

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flintlock View Post
    If you have all of the expansions / campaigns. Start with Nightfall. Play up to level 10 there, this will give you 3 hereos. Then take the mission in Kamadan and travel to the Eye of the North area. This will net you another 2 Heroes. 1 Monk/Healer and 1 Elementalist.

Play the Eotn expansion up to Gunnars Hold. Take the Kilroy Stoneskin quest from gunnars hold and use it to level up to 20. Then go back to Nightfall and finish the campaign.

My tips would be dont spend Platinum on armor and or any wastefull junk unless you are needs new armor. Id suggest holding off buying any untill you find you are getting killed very easily.

Run with both the Monks you have, plus Koss and Zekk.

By the time you end Nightfall you will have enough Platinum to buy one prestige armor set. If you want more HoM points save the Platinum for hero skills and then move over to Factions and play the story untill you can choose Kurzick or Luxon factions. Buy one of those sets for an extra HoM point.

If you want some nice Orange items, search for Nightfall treasure on the google/wiki. You can net around 20k/plat from this alone.

Finish up both Night fall and Factions. This should net you a few easy points. After you have completed atleast one campaign move back over to Eye of the North and unlock the tapestry items you need so you can dedicate Heros, Armor and titles.

Dont forget to pick M.O.X from outside Kamadan at level 10. Hes already max level and is a huge boost to any party in the early game. Also he doesnt require and Hero Armor to be put in your HoM.
    oh i am on factions atm. how can i go over to nightfall?

Deleted
    Thanks Flintlock, I'll try that!

Deleted
    Well, unless you are playing an Assassin or Ritualist, Id start again over again. Your HoM's points are account wide. Plus you will have some extra platinum. You dont need to switch.
    I just personally prefer heroes over Henchmen.
    Just keep playing the story in Factions if you like it. If this is what you want to do, farm some plague idols and jade bracelets from the Am fah / Jade brotherhood and get yourself a "free" set of high armor rating gear. This will help.

Heroes are much better imo, they can run build of skills you want. Although Henchmen can fill the same party slots and be effective.

We have many, many threads about HOM and related to HOM.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...M-partner-tips

^ has the most traction. No need to make 2 threads when the above link was the 5th thread from the top, OP.

Closing due to duplicate topic.