Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    I read on Kotaku a couple days ago that our character will possibily still be a descendant of Ezio/forefather of Desmond, and that he has an indian background.

So i'd go out in a limb and say somewhere in time the italian descendants of Ezio made their way across europe, and eventually the atlantic ocean and ended up among the 1st colones in america, and then ended up marrying with natives.

And tbh this setting does not excite me one tiny bit. American history doesn't interest me at all, and there were many periods from where to choose from, all better candidades, like england in the industrial revolution, russian during the czar wars, india and africa during the age of naval discovery, feudal japan, just to name a few much better options...
    He's gotta be Desmonds ancestor somehow (Since that's how the animus works), thus making him a family member of Ezio, Altaïr and Desmond.

Has anyone seen a hidden blade? I'm gonna be real mad if there is none.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2012-03-05 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone else feel that this trailer didn't have the same level of polish that the revelation trailer had? The animations, especially on George Washington's face seem a little... off. Maybe Digic didn't do this trailer (also did the new ME3 trailer).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Has anyone seen a hidden blade? I'm gonna be real mad if there is none.
    Not only is it there, it appears to be a hook blade as well. Watch closely as he's swinging through the trees.

Edit: Now I look back and I don't see it. Must have been a sound effect made me think it was there.

But they have said he'll have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    you damn lobster backs are gonna get it now!
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Ultimately, the Assassin's are still on neither side however. It may just so happen that fighting for their causes temporarily coincide with fighting for the American causes in this case. ;p Which also doesn't mean the whole game will be like that either.. the backdrop is the American Revolution, though.
    Ding ding, we have a winner. Also, some things to take note of. George Washington is a friend of Connor with strong ties to the Assassin order. That being said, he also uses an Apple of Eden. It's unknown precisely what he uses it for, but if he abuses its power, Connor will kill him.

I personally think they'll start out as friends, but after the war Washington starts using the Apple for personal gain. Then we end up with an Altair and Al Mualim scenario.

That's my two cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's weird. I thought AC 3 was about Desmond's final story. What does this actually do? It seems that the timeline is near the 1800s, not 2012 .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Ding ding, we have a winner. Also, some things to take note of. George Washington is a friend of Connor with strong ties to the Assassin order. That being said, he also uses an Apple of Eden. It's unknown precisely what he uses it for, but if he abuses its power, Connor will kill him.

I personally think they'll start out as friends, but after the war Washington starts using the Apple for personal gain. Then we end up with an Altair and Al Mualim scenario.

That's my two cents.
    Except that George Washington was a real person and they like to stick to a shred of truth and George Washing wasn't assassinated if I remember correctly and also do you know how ape shit the US media would go if there was a game where you killed George Washington :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    Except that George Washington was a real person and they like to stick to a shred of truth and George Washing wasn't assassinated if I remember correctly and also do you know how ape shit the US media would go if there was a game where you killed George Washington :P
    Technically, we didn't kill Rodrigo Borgia either.

I'm not saying I'm buying GW being an antagonist, but it's possible there could be a confrontation of sorts.

Could always go after Benedict Arnold though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    As said below, there could still be some kind of confrontation. It's also possible though, that in the AC universe, his assassination was simply covered up.

Maybe the media would go ape shit, maybe they wouldn't. I don't believe there was any controversy with AC1, what with the whole killing Christians and Muslims, and the whole God isn't real thing.

SPOILERS

Ratohnhaké:ton (pronounced Ra-doon-ha-gay-doon), commonly referred to as Connor, was an American Assassin living in colonial America during the later half of the 18th century. He was an ancestor of Desmond Miles.

Born to an English father and Native American mother, Connor was raised among the Mohawk and suffered severely during his childhood, mostly because of their encounters with the white colonists.
    This reached its maximum when his village was destroyed, and eventually led him to seek justice and fight tyranny, resulting in Connor coming across the Assassins. At the same time, the American Revolution unfolded, and Connor found himself allying with the leaders of the American revolutionaries, mainly George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee.

The name Connor means "Lover of Hounds"

The Speech given by George Washington in the trailer is an exeprt from the battle of long island.
    Yet the trailer specifies that they are in the Mohawk valley, which are very different areas.

and no I dont believe will be assassinating GW.

this man is believed to be Charles Lee, and American General

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks vazar, seemed like he would be a rebel with the blue and all
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    chances r george will not die since he lived until he died of natural causes

also he smoked weed. true story, conner and washington gunna bake out the war tent

---------- Post added 2012-03-05 at 11:00 PM ----------

but yea, this game can easily lead into sub series like 2 did, with bro hood and revelations

french revolution!

im going to miss the renessiance era but this is so epic!

10+ Year Old Account
    ssswwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt looks frakkin badass seems we'll be swapping Swords and Xbow/Guns for Hatchets and Bows, and I'm gunna guess throwing knives will be replaced with Tomohawks (the throwing axes, not the missles.... although that would be badass).

although... yeah a bit of a lack of Hidden Blade... then again this is Assassin's creed, so we all KNOW you can sneak up and murk bitches with your hidden blade, they don't REALLY need to show it to use. So they focus on the NEW things, IE spanking people with a hatchet and other assorted awesomeness.

God I can't wait :P the ending to Revalations was just..... Fuck you Ubisoft :P
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Americans are so easily excited.
    Haha, I just didn't see it coming. I'm not gonna lie I can't remember another time where a cinematic caused me to react so abruptly like that. Must have been caught up in the moment.

On a side note though it was mentioned earlier, Revelations trailer was definitely more captivating.
    Last edited by ElAmigo; 2012-03-06 at 05:51 AM.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"