Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Well you need 75k for the armor and the material (depending on the faction, kurzick = amber - - - luxon = jadeite shards)
    Play A LOT of pvp to get imperial faction > change in for Luxon/kurzick and buy the material (you need A lot of faction to get 75 of x material.
    I made up to 6 pvp characters to get the material :P good thing faction is account based and not character.
    Good luck!
    Actually it's "only" 60k+mats since you don't need the helmet to display your armor in the HoM. This tip may save a lot of money in the future.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Yeah what I'm planning to do is completing the Kurzick faction quests until Whirlpool, turn in all their faction for Kurz mats, then going over to Luxons, do all the quests until Whirlpool, turn in the faction for Lux mats, and then doing the final missions of the campaign. So really, what I was asking in that second question is if there was anything valuable to do before turning in the faction each time. Or if I should spend my faction in something particular ?
    Dont think you can do what your planing there. If I recall correctly you cant do the other branch till you finish the campaign at which point the quest to access the other branch unlocks. It does not mater much anyway as once you reach whirlpool you have less than an hour to the end of the campaign, less if you skip cutsceans.

    Who is John Galt?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Dont think you can do what your planing there. If I recall correctly you cant do the other branch till you finish the campaign at which point the quest to access the other branch unlocks. It does not mater much anyway as once you reach whirlpool you have less than an hour to the end of the campaign, less if you skip cutsceans.
    Well I took both quests from that girl whose name I always forget (The Monk Henchwoman). Got the Kurz and Luxon quest, so while I'm doing Kurrzicks I still have the Luxon intro one in my quest log. Now maybe after I finish Whirlpool it gets locked, but as of now it doesn't appear so.

  4. #24
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    255
    You can change your faction without ending the campaign. In some of my chars I didn't even bother to end factions, only play till gather all elites from first professions, which are scatter in both sides.

    Edit: I think you need to have more faction from the side you're playing though, so if you start luxon, certain npcs will only talk to you if you have more luxon faction than kurzick.
    Last edited by Barbas; 2012-03-05 at 11:21 PM.

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    you pick one of them after senjin district mission and you stick with them until after gyala hatchery (luxon) or eternal grove (tree-mo) after either one of those missions (it splits between one or the other) you're free to pursue whichever faction you truely like the best (which is luxons)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Well I took both quests from that girl whose name I always forget (The Monk Henchwoman). Got the Kurz and Luxon quest, so while I'm doing Kurrzicks I still have the Luxon intro one in my quest log. Now maybe after I finish Whirlpool it gets locked, but as of now it doesn't appear so.
    its not "locked" you just cant do it without 10,000 luxon factions AND having more luxon faction than kurzick (unless you have done something to increase your luxon max cap which i doubt you have yet)

    once you complete the prereq for eternal grove (that is you can enter the mission) you should be able to persue the luxon chain, even without actually completing eternal grove

    of course you could just say "fuck you tree-mo's" and stop repping up with kurzick (or cash in for ambers) and start earning luxon faction for your quest


    you are considered "allied" to whichever faction you currently hold more faction banked (not total lifetime) even if you are in a luxon guild and have more kurzick than luxon faction currently
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-03-06 at 12:24 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    obviously your problem is that you're kurzick

    go luxon or go home
    Lol this! F the kurdicks, nah jk I really miss when AB wasn't dead people actually talked shit about which faction you were aligned with haha.. like it even matters.

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellsword View Post
    Lol this! F the kurdicks, nah jk I really miss when AB wasn't dead people actually talked shit about which faction you were aligned with haha.. like it even matters.
    we call them "tree-mo" now
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  8. #28
    Hmm coulda sworn it was locked in much like it is with nightfall and the two hero branch points but its been a long time since I played a toon through factions so I may just be recalling the weird faction balancing act required and remembering it as a lockout. On the other hand it is prety easy to go back and do the second after you finish the campaign on a new account. Run through one branch, kill shiro, spend your faction and then go vanq an area for the other faction, you'll probably be at 10k after one zone. Even better if you want to run an alt through you can just gather faction with an already strong hero team.

    Who is John Galt?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Run through one branch, kill shiro.
    Just woke up ? Hey take this spoiler for the day. Grrrrr :@

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    I think I've just hit the first boring phase in GW1. I've got to get me 10k Kurzick Faction Points and it's just a total bore (with no buddy online to make it worse). Does anyone know of any way to do this fast, given that I have only one Hero (M.O.X) ? I'm sitting on 5k right now and I've already run Song and Stone with the priest buffs. All the other quests are 750 points max and it just seems not worth it knowing how long it takes me to do a quest with just Henchmen. I need this done to be able to finish the primary quest (and I've gotta do it again for the Luxons, don't even want to think about it).
    If you wait until you are able to do hard mode before doing the Luxon side, you get something like 15-20k points for a single vanquishing in any of the Jade Sea areas (20 per kill for the priest buff in hard mode+50 per kill once the Vanquishing is done). I don't think you have to do the Luxon side to complete the campaign. You only need to do it to get 13/13 missions done.

    During the double Kurzick/Luxon weekend a few weeks back I got close to 500k for both Luxon and Kurzick and Vanquished all Forest/Sea areas while doing so. (you need 550k to get the title in HoM, and I'll have that once I turn in my ordinary mode and hard mode storybooks)

    On the subject of storybooks. In case you weren't yet aware: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Storybook. Quite a bit of extra money to be made by having those in your inventory. If you haven't gotten Shiro's Return yet, go and get it now and pay 100g to fill it with the missions you have already done.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildclaw View Post
    If you wait until you are able to do hard mode before doing the Luxon side, you get something like 15-20k points for a single vanquishing in any of the Jade Sea areas (20 per kill for the priest buff in hard mode+50 per kill once the Vanquishing is done). I don't think you have to do the Luxon side to complete the campaign. You only need to do it to get 13/13 missions done.

    During the double Kurzick/Luxon weekend a few weeks back I got close to 500k for both Luxon and Kurzick and Vanquished all Forest/Sea areas while doing so. (you need 550k to get the title in HoM, and I'll have that once I turn in my ordinary mode and hard mode storybooks)

    On the subject of storybooks. In case you weren't yet aware: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Storybook. Quite a bit of extra money to be made by having those in your inventory. If you haven't gotten Shiro's Return yet, go and get it now and pay 100g to fill it with the missions you have already done.
    Oh thanks for the Storybook tip, I didn't know about it. I have one already (the M.O.X one) but didn't know you were able to get one for each campaign. And yes I need to do the Luxons because I need 13/13 for the HoM title.

  12. #32
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    255
    I don't know if you already did Eternal Grove, but if you didn't and want masters you should read strategies (both wiki and forums) and possibily do it with a friend, it's possible to get masters alone but it's kinda hard.
    As for Gyala Hatchery it's easier to do with Alternate back way described here http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gyala .
    The rest of missions should be piece of cake.

  13. #33
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    I don't know if you already did Eternal Grove, but if you didn't and want masters you should read strategies (both wiki and forums) and possibily do it with a friend, it's possible to get masters alone but it's kinda hard.
    As for Gyala Hatchery it's easier to do with Alternate back way described here http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gyala .
    The rest of missions should be piece of cake.
    I can say from experience that eternal grove hm masters is the hardest guardian objective in the game
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •