Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[GW1] 10k Kurzick Faction

I think I've just hit the first boring phase in GW1. I've got to get me 10k Kurzick Faction Points and it's just a total bore (with no buddy online to make it worse). Does anyone know of any way to do this fast, given that I have only one Hero (M.O.X) ? I'm sitting on 5k right now and I've already run Song and Stone with the priest buffs. All the other quests are 750 points max and it just seems not worth it knowing how long it takes me to do a quest with just Henchmen. I need this done to be able to finish the primary quest (and I've gotta do it again for the Luxons, don't even want to think about it).

Also, side question, does the normal Kurzick/Luxon armor count for HoM ? I've got lots of mats (enough to craft the full normal sets) and I think I've got enough gold to buy them, so I was wondering if I should buy a set before starting to farm the other faction ? Anything else to do before doing going for the enemy faction ?

Thanks

Deleted
    No the normal cheaper Kurzick Armor doesnt count bud. There is a vendor down in the Vasburg Armory who sells the Prestige version. Also only farm one of the factions at a time. As you will loose factions points with the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintlock View Post
    No the normal cheaper Kurzick Armor doesnt count bud. There is a vendor down in the Vasburg Armory who sells the Prestige version. Also only farm one of the factions at a time. As you will loose factions points with the other side.
    Ah thanks, I too though that it would have been too easy Any pointers for the first question though ?

Deleted
    Do some Jade Quarry or Fort Aspenwood, it'll be fast and you'll have some fun.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    there's a few repeatable quests. take a look here, I did it not too long ago.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kurzick_faction

Theres 2 battleground like missions. Jade Quarry and Aspenwood. They give imperial and kurz/lux faction. Imp faction can be traded for more kurz/lux faction. You can get 10k in about 3 wins or 5 losses which takes maybe less than an hour.

Sadly, you missed double kurz/lux BG faction over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    Do some Jade Quarry or Fort Aspenwood, it'll be fast and you'll have some fun.
    Pretty much this, you'll get the 10k points you need pretty quick.

Ok then I'l try those, Count zu Heltzer had them this morning when I did Song. But just to make sure : Do you need to be in an alliance or something for them ? The guild I am in is just a "chill out" one, we have like 1 Kurzick Faction.

The Elite armors can be put on display in the HoM. When farming faction, only work on one faction at a time as any time you turn in faction you lose that amount with the opposing faction.

If you have a good Hero group you can do some vanquishing, which will speed things up quite a bit. Look here: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vanquish for a list of areas and the amount of faction you can gain through vanquishing. Also, remember to talk to the appropriate faction priest in every zone you enter. While 'blessed' by a priest, you get faction for every kill. In Normal you get +10 faction per kill, and +20 faction on Hard Mode.

Well you need 75k for the armor and the material (depending on the faction, kurzick = amber - - - luxon = jadeite shards)
    Play A LOT of pvp to get imperial faction > change in for Luxon/kurzick and buy the material (you need A lot of faction to get 75 of x material.
    I made up to 6 pvp characters to get the material :P good thing faction is account based and not character.
    Good luck!
    "It's Better To Burn Out than To Fade Away"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Ok then I'l try those, Count zu Heltzer had them this morning when I did Song. But just to make sure : Do you need to be in an alliance or something for them ? The guild I am in is just a "chill out" one, we have like 1 Kurzick Faction.
    If I remember correctly the quests of Count zu Heltzer are just for you to go into the areas, not to do pvp but do them anyway, easy xp and all
    You don't need an alliance. Just go there, do some pvp, trade imperial faction for kurzick faction and it's done.

He isn't at the vanquishing point yet. He needs the 10k faction just to be able to move on in the campaign. If you do all of the side quests around there that will put you over 10k faction. If you didn't want to do that then doing JQ or FA a few times is your best bet to get the faction.

Also, when you get to this point, all you need is rank 4 Kurzick for that to count in your HoM. Whatever path you go, I don't recommend doing the other faction until you completed whatever goals you have for your current faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    If I remember correctly the quests of Count zu Heltzer are just for you to go into the areas, not to do pvp but do them anyway, easy xp and all
    You don't need an alliance. Just go there, do some pvp, trade imperial faction for kurzick faction and it's done.
    Nice ! Thanks, I'll do that Promises to be full of noob failure on my part as it will be my first PvP in GW1

Deleted
    Follow your mates, you'll learn what to do and what are your objectives pretty fast and the objectives are displayed in your quest log I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    He isn't at the vanquishing point yet. He needs the 10k faction just to be able to move on in the campaign. If you do all of the side quests around there that will put you over 10k faction. If you didn't want to do that then doing JQ or FA a few times is your best bet to get the faction.

Also, when you get to this point, all you need is rank 4 Kurzick for that to count in your HoM. Whatever path you go, I don't recommend doing the other faction until you completed whatever goals you have for your current faction.
    Yeah what I'm planning to do is completing the Kurzick faction quests until Whirlpool, turn in all their faction for Kurz mats, then going over to Luxons, do all the quests until Whirlpool, turn in the faction for Lux mats, and then doing the final missions of the campaign. So really, what I was asking in that second question is if there was anything valuable to do before turning in the faction each time. Or if I should spend my faction in something particular ?

Nice ! Thanks, I'll do that Promises to be full of noob failure on my part as it will be my first PvP in GW1
    Run your main character to Jade Quarry (Kurzick), then make a PvP mesmer and run this build. (I recommend Chaos Storm in the optional.) If you can't get all the equipment, that's fine, as equipment isn't a huge deal. Make sure you have the two wastrel's skills, though. If that doesn't work out, pick up any of these builds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to farm FA/JQ don't spend your imperial faction on kurzick points after the 10k, spend it on balth faction and buy Z keys to sell, since amber is about ~1k per you'll get 6k per Z key (5,000 balth faction) instead of the 3 amber you'd get for 15,000 kurz faction. (at the 1:3 exchange rate for imperial to balth they are equivelant)
    note: this would be for the elite armor, and an easy money maker if you're team wins alot.
    Last edited by Soleis; 2012-03-05 at 08:02 PM.

Worked like a charm. Did one Fort Aspenwood, won, got 4k Imperial AND I didn't die during the PvP but that's mostly because I dashed in, did 2-3 hits and dashed out

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've just hit the first boring phase in GW1. I've got to get me 10k Kurzick Faction Points and it's just a total bore (with no buddy online to make it worse). Does anyone know of any way to do this fast, given that I have only one Hero (M.O.X) ? I'm sitting on 5k right now and I've already run Song and Stone with the priest buffs. All the other quests are 750 points max and it just seems not worth it knowing how long it takes me to do a quest with just Henchmen. I need this done to be able to finish the primary quest (and I've gotta do it again for the Luxons, don't even want to think about it).

Also, side question, does the normal Kurzick/Luxon armor count for HoM ? I've got lots of mats (enough to craft the full normal sets) and I think I've got enough gold to buy them, so I was wondering if I should buy a set before starting to farm the other faction ? Anything else to do before doing going for the enemy faction ?

Thanks
    obviously your problem is that you're kurzick

go luxon or go home
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Well you need 75k for the armor and the material (depending on the faction, kurzick = amber - - - luxon = jadeite shards)
    Play A LOT of pvp to get imperial faction > change in for Luxon/kurzick and buy the material (you need A lot of faction to get 75 of x material.
    I made up to 6 pvp characters to get the material :P good thing faction is account based and not character.
    Good luck!
    Actually it's "only" 60k+mats since you don't need the helmet to display your armor in the HoM. This tip may save a lot of money in the future.