Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    For now though, as a Feral, I would go with Dream of Cenarius just to buff Tranquility and Nature's Swiftness.
    I'm curious, why NS for Feral? Renewal you could use more often for instant healing yourself. NS for instant battle res? Or instant wrath during movement away from a boss?

Renewal is 2 mins CD, NS is 1 min CD.
    I like NS over Renewal for the flexibility. You can heal yourself OR someone else. You can use it for battlerez, and yes, you can use it for instant wrath during movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like NS over Renewal for the flexibility. You can heal yourself OR someone else. You can use it for battlerez, and yes, you can use it for instant wrath during movement.
    You can also use it for instant Healing Touch on a tank. Tank within danger zone, pop NS+HT= fairly decent heal. Im personally thinking bout NS+Dream of Cenarius for my druid come MoP, having a 80% more powerful healing touch will probably be an excellent help-the-tank button
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You can also use it for instant Healing Touch on a tank. Tank within danger zone, pop NS+HT= fairly decent heal. Im personally thinking bout NS+Dream of Cenarius for my druid come MoP, having a 80% more powerful healing touch will probably be an excellent help-the-tank button
    I'd expect the two to stack multiplicatively so that's 95% more powerful HT, but you never know when Blizzard may choose to make things additive.

Ah ok makes sense, i was looking at the NS from the original post and it said 3 mins (work firewall blocks battle.net so i couldn't check). 1 min CD + the increased versatility is decent.

The main downside I see with NS is that you probably can't use it off GCD while Renewal probably can.

15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Icefalcon28;15828559]In my opinion i feel pve ferals get the poopy end of the staff here. Other then the lvl 60 talents which all are dps boosts the rest of the talents do nothing to improve our dps. They are all control mechanisms, hybrid mechanisms or abilities to help other rolls (example pull mobs in to help tank etc.) besides our main role which is to dps.[\QUOTE]the talents arent meant to give us dps else we would be forced to take them all in each tier. the idea of of giving us useles talents is that we are free to choose whit useless talent we want.

btw about them they are not all uselfess for cats,
    T1: speed boost or feral charge ( cant choose yet)
    T2: is not usefull
    T3: TyBOOM! knocking them away from static aoe so other classes do less dmg and you do more dmg whit your mobile AOE
    T4: a dps talent
    T5: Vortex, pulling them all to you and away from others so you can do more aoe dmg, just like DK who pull mob away so he can nuke but you pull it back and nuke it yourself
    T6: HoW seems nice tobe a emengy tank, or do some ranged dps on a fight like achimeides. but its verry situational, however the +30% healing boost from wrath of cenaruis can be verry usefull when a healing talent from T2, and the disentanlement is just pure nonstalgia :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    T2: is not usefull
    Nature's swiftness is the obvious choice in PvP.
    PvE? NS for CR - Renewal iff they remove it from the GCD.

T5: Vortex, pulling them all to you and away from others so you can do more aoe dmg, just like DK who pull mob away so he can nuke but you pull it back and nuke it yourself
    Vortex won't be an superior (=targetable) aoe deathgrip. That's limited to dk tier 90. Vortex will slowly draw enemies to it's center, that is - it won't be more than yet another slow.

T6: HoW seems nice tobe a emengy tank, or do some ranged dps on a fight like achimeides.
    You won't tank. You lack basically every tool to do so. A plate wearing class will probably be able to the job equally well, yet doesn't sacrifice tier 90 for it.
    Further, a talent's usefulness shouldn't be decided entirely by encounter design. That's eliminating freedom of choice. In the majority of the fights it will be a gimick at best, while it's usual state would be entirely useless.

but its verry situational, however the +30% healing boost from wrath of cenaruis can be verry usefull when a healing talent from T2,
    Tranquility. For everything else you have dedicated healers doing the job, and Renewal probably will not be affected at all - else tier 90 would be forced by your decision in tier 2. (at least from a feral/guardian point of view)

and the disentanlement is just pure nonstalgia :P
    the best talent in tier 90 is sadly one which all of us had access not to long ago - now even more useful due to added selfheal...

15+ Year Old Account
    Typhoon was a pretty common raid tool in a few areas of this expansion, and I imagine other of those "PvP" talents will have their own niche roles, fight dependent of course. Stuns, kiting, slows, grips, etc. All very situational, but extremely useful when needed. I'm excited about our talents.

I'd be interested to see if NomNomNom/Execute range could effect the usefulness of a Berserk/Incarnation combo, and furthermore, if our current tier's two piece's usefulness will last for a little while coming into MoP's first tier of raiding if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen View Post
    Typhoon was a pretty common raid tool in a few areas of this expansion, and I imagine other of those "PvP" talents will have their own niche roles, fight dependent of course. Stuns, kiting, slows, grips, etc. All very situational, but extremely useful when needed. I'm excited about our talents.
    Right, but what happens when you get a Tier like Dragon Soul? then 1/3 of your talent choices are meaningless for pve raiding. That's my issue. 1 tier being situationally useless, sure that's fine - but come one 2 whole tiers is a lot. We only get 6 "flavor" choices to make for our toon from talents. Would it be fun to do a whole raid (like DS) where 2 out of those 6 choices were completely meaningless on every single boss?

It really comes down to encounter design. These could turn out to be fantastic talents cause 7/10 boss fights have adds that must be snared/cc'd/controlled in some way. Great, Hooray!(Though repeated uses of adds will feel gimmicky like stacking does in DS) Or it could turn out that only 2/10 bosses are like that, and the rest of the time you have 2 empty slots for talents.

Point is one of those tiers could be something else, some other kind of flavor that isnt nullified in a pve raid setting by a lack of adds. Hell, i'd be happy if it was a tier of nothing but cosmetic glowing effects on all our abilities, at least i could see that and feel like my talent choice was engaging.

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of that is irrelevant for Dragon Soul, though. Hell, especially in a 10 man environment, who knows how all of these new abilities could have benefited us? I don't wanna take the time to site specific examples, but I'm sure like spine heroic would have been a lot easier with Vortex.

Also, you're forgetting what seems to be the intent of the talent system this time around. They are giving you choices, more so than ever before, but those non-choice "choices" from the older talent trees, are still around, but not giving you the illusion that you are thoughtfully picking how you want your class to play. The actual legitimate choices don't all have to be useful for every single encounter, or battleground, or arena, or whatever else. They are meant to be customizable, depending on play style / preferences, and not (as I understand it) meant to be cookie cutter, "You absolutely must do this" in any way.

Whether it turns out that way, remains to be seen of course, and I really do understand your sentiment, I just don't agree that we aren't getting enough choices when before MoP, 0 of your "choices" mattered, because there were none.
    Last edited by Tygroen; 2012-03-20 at 07:04 PM.

Deleted
    List of Symbiosis effects gained,
    Feral
    Death Knight - Unholy Frenzy
    Hunter - Play Dead
    Mage - Frost Nova
    Monk - to be announced
    Paladin - Divine Shield
    Priest - Dispersion
    Rogue - Redirect
    Shaman - Feral Spirit
    Warlock - Soul Swap
    Warrior - Shattering Blow
    What are peoples opinions,
    Priest and Dispersion look better than Divine Shield for things like Ultraxion to survive big hitting moves.
    I would say Warlock Soulswap is better than Redirect being a shorter CD more use of it for fights with target swapping.
    Frost Nova i'm not sure on.
    Play dead, seems more for dungeons/wipes to save u repairs.
    For single target fights for personal dps DK or Shaman for extra damage, to boost the raid shattering Blow's 50 energy for 20% extra damage for 10 second (5 seconds of which u regen energy for, i can't see it being good for you but for the raid it may)

anyone else have an idea of who is going to be the favours symbiosis targets

I could see Shattering Throw being great to use before Zerk, as (from what I've seen) we're still macroing TF with Berserk, and you'll get the most out of it before a zerk as well.

Not sure on Feral spriits yet since (as with treants) we're not sure how useful they'll be to our spec yet.

I really don't see how people are alright with them stripping our class of it's core features. Tier 1 alone is enough to make me quit. Tier 2 is another insult to us. Making me choose between passive movement or a charge? F*** you Blizzard. That's not enough though. Let's put a 1 minute cool down on Nature's Swiftness but it's alright because it's buffed by 50% right? Wrong. Tier 3 is all filler nonsense that I have no use for. Tier 4, mediocre. Tier 5, sucks. Tier 6 not only sucks, but it's another slap in the face. Remember when shifting roots was a passive trait of our class?

I'm so glad that Diablo III doesn't suck, because Druid in MoP is looking like a shell of it's former self.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just don't see your argument. Most if not all, or more, of our abilities that we have today are still around. Any "choices" we really didn't have, because we were forced to take whatever are still there, passively, like they were before. These "new" talents are the actual choices we'll get to play around with. We still get 15% movement speed as a passive, regardless of the charge. And for other things, it gives flavor and variety to all classes, so that you won't see the exact same druids or mages or whatever running around in raids, or in pvp. There will be distinctions, based on (as intended) personal preferences and play styles. You aren't being forced to cookie-cutter your way through the game any more, and while I guess it could seem "scary" to some, I'm very excited to see how it plays out.

And as druids we get even MORE we can mess around with, with Symbiosis shaping to be the one of the most unique abilities of the expansion. Complaining because things change (as they always have with expansions, and more often than not for the better) is just silly. The game changes, it always has, and always will. Get used to it, or you honestly need to question if you are spending your entertainment dollars wisely.

I'm not going to argue and rant on and on, it gets me no where and accomplishes nothing. Fact of the matter is, it's been 30% passive and a charge for years now. Now I have to choose? No, f*** that. F*** everything about that. You can say whatever you want, but it's a nerf. It's not progression, it's not evolution. It's a nerf.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not like they singled out Feral druids for a nerf in their mobility. Every single class is now being given the option on how they want to move/run, etc. You're taking a non-nerf way too personally, especially one that has sooo little to do with the actual class.

How would you have preferred they approached it? Let us keep 30% movement speed, and then just when you spec into that talent, you passively move faster than some character's mounts?

---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 08:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    Not sure on Feral spriits yet since (as with treants) we're not sure how useful they'll be to our spec yet.
    Although all of these abilities need tested, I can't imagine myself not wanting to say screw it all, and run around with Feral Spirits all the time. Also, they better be cats.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    I'm not going to argue and rant on and on, it gets me no where and accomplishes nothing. Fact of the matter is, it's been 30% passive and a charge for years now. Now I have to choose? No, f*** that. F*** everything about that. You can say whatever you want, but it's a nerf. It's not progression, it's not evolution. It's a nerf.
    I'd understand that mentality a LOT more if this was like a year and a half ago or however long it was when they took away our ability to morph out of snares.
    THAT has been a CORE aspect of ferals for MANY years.

A fucking charge in cat that I didn't even HAVE for years, compared to me getting back my ability to morph out of my snares? Spare me.

Bring this shit ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    "Savage Roar [updated] Now increases damage done by 30%. Lasts longer per combo point."

Is this just a tooltip mistake or does Savage Roar increase all damage done by 30%? So if this is true will it become like wotlk where u had to maintaine close so 100% uptime to get the most dps ?

Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post
    "Savage Roar [updated] Now increases damage done by 30%. Lasts longer per combo point."

Is this just a tooltip mistake or does Savage Roar increase all damage done by 30%? So if this is true will it become like wotlk where u had to maintaine close so 100% uptime to get the most dps ?
    Yep. The days of all the feral noobs is gone. We have gone back to being CP starved mother fuckers.
    Unless something hardcore changes with our CP generation, or the way Rip is re-applied by FB.