Thread: spec help

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

spec help

OK so the first time i played this game you got to choose all 3 "souls". I decided to give it another go and find out you can no longer choose? you have a choice on what you would like to be but you can't choose the souls yourself.

AM I missing something here? I've tried but I can't find any info about this. It seems as a warrior I'm stuck with these choices.

destroyer
    pathfinder
    defender
    dark thane
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    OK so the first time i played this game you got to choose all 3 "souls". I decided to give it another go and find out you can no longer choose? you have a choice on what you would like to be but you can't choose the souls yourself.

AM I missing something here? I've tried but I can't find any info about this. It seems as a warrior I'm stuck with these choices.

destroyer
    pathfinder
    defender
    dark thane
    You can choose still, not sure where the option is but you can definitely choose. Otherwise pick a soul combo that sounds good to you. Not too familiar with the warrior premade soul combos.

Rift now offers you the opportunity to use a pre-defined spec to help newbies make sense of things. At no point in time are you forced to continue using it, it's just guidance. If you would prefer to switch out one of the souls, do so, though you'll need to respec if you've invested points in that soul already, same as always.

Roll a character, pick, for example, Dark Thane. Customize your appearance, start the game. From here on out, you can assign your upcoming points wherever you want, though the game will offer advice on where to put your next points if you're going to actually follow the suggested builds.

Instead of unlocking souls through quests, you've now got all of them available to you from the get go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Rift now offers you the opportunity to use a pre-defined spec to help newbies make sense of things. At no point in time are you forced to continue using it, it's just guidance. If you would prefer to switch out one of the souls, do so, though you'll need to respec if you've invested points in that soul already, same as always.

Roll a character, pick, for example, Dark Thane. Customize your appearance, start the game. From here on out, you can assign your upcoming points wherever you want, though the game will offer advice on where to put your next points if you're going to actually follow the suggested builds.

Instead of unlocking souls through quests, you've now got all of them available to you from the get go.

I haven't played since launch, but from what I remember. You started off with the ability to select one soul based on your class. All souls were there but you could only have 1 at the start. As you leveled you unlocked 2 more "soul slots". But you were able to pick what you wanted.

Right now I can't find an option to pick 3 different souls. I only have the option to go off of premade builds.

Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-03-05 at 09:23 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Yeah, you accept one of the pre-made builds, but once the game starts, you can switch all three out. You no longer do quests for the post 3 souls, they're available to you, all 8 of them, from the start. You've, in essence, already purchased them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nvm I have figured it out

Thank you for the help