Thread: Why no Kodan?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Please just stay in WoW with your pandaland and pokemon, douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I'd rather see Tengu as playable at some point, but if they make Kodan different enough from the Norn I'd be happy to play one.
    See now the Tengu are actually an original and cool race, I would not mind them at all. I love their running animations as well, like how you look when you are sprinting with dual wield in skyrim.

I am just so tired of bears whether they be panda or polar or w/e, just so lame.

Gonna link my HOM to new GW1 character named Volibear now. ;D

JUST IN CASE!

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I'd rather see Tengu as playable at some point, but if they make Kodan different enough from the Norn I'd be happy to play one.
    most likely not till cantha expac

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that's a race I'd love to play. Can we kick out the Norn and have these instead?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    most likely not till cantha expac
    I figured that would be when we'd be seeing them.

I dislike the people who are "against" the anthropomorphic races as it's played a large part in fantasy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    indeed playable or not it would be epic to have a 13 foot polarbear giant next to you if you look at this pic Aer who is a norn looks the size of a human compared to a Kodan

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    That's a norn, not a human. A norn is already ~8-9 feet tall, so that kodan must be 15-16 feet. How is it gonna fit through the doors of Divinity's Reach? Granted it's only a concept art and we don't know yet how tall they will be in game, but if they really are that tall it would make them an unlikely candidate as a new playable race.

Edit:
    stupid me misread your post, ignore the first 2 sentences of my post.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-03-06 at 01:07 AM.

Never played GW1 and to be honest I'm not too interested in lore, but I wanna big, cuddly and badass polar bear toon
    Hopefully they will be added in some expansions...

See, now Tengu are very off putting. 1. they are birds 2. they are bird-people. 3. they are not cute/adorable.

The Kodan are vicious looking but also adorable. OMGWANT.

Less Birds/animals-made-to-look-like-people-but-really-are-creepy type races. Birds are...eeeww.

We already have the obligatory anthropomorphic beast race with the Charr though.

And Norn fill that northern/snowy race hole just fine I think. I'd prefer these over Norn, but having them both seems kind of more than enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    We already have the obligatory anthropomorphic beast race with the Charr though.
    But they're war-like cow-cats that killed their gods.

These are peace-loving bears that believe their bear-god created everything.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post

Giant peace loving polar bears that can rip your limbs off in a second if angered... I'm sold, where can I sign up?
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

What does a misotheistic culture call other cultures?

What does a misotheistic culture call other cultures?
    Heretics.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Heretics.
    That's what a theistic culture calls everyone they disagree with.

10+ Year Old Account
    You lost me at miso

You lost me at miso
    It's a prefix, not a food. ಠ_ಠ

10+ Year Old Account
    They're probably saving them for a future expansion pack. That's my guess (and hope)
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see these, Tengu, Centaur, and some other awesome GW2 races become playable.

Even if I had to pay for a "play pack" or "expansion pack" to get them!

And to their size: ArenaNet could retcon it! (Maybe they have some tiny cousins somewhere! :P)

They look cool and all but I'm tired of races with fur/hair. How about some friggen lizardmen and stuff?! Like Argonian only less awkward looking and more animalistic like the Charr. Tengu (the bird guys right?) look cool too, and there aren't many humanoid bird-like races out there in games besides harpies.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a prefix, not a food. ಠ_ಠ
    I know. :P