10+ Year Old Account

Help Me mmo My Lol Broken.

Hello forum.

Please help me, ive always had a ping of 90 or less, stable around 88ms.
    My internet connection is DSL Down 25Mbps Up 3Mbps.

Usually I would have a Google chrome tab running youtube.

But since last thursday its spiked up to 300.
    There was some message that linked me to a support page telling me to hit %app or Cmd in my Dos.
    But as the idiot i am i skiped it, i didnt know my timings were off or w/e.

Ive run repair 3 times, reinstalled 1 time, how do i fix my ping?

Symptoms high ping in game , and on the log in to front page friends chat and the news take a tiny bit longer then they should to load.

Computer specs.

i7 950.
    Radeon 5870
    6gigs ddr3 tripple ch cl9.
    Windows 7 ult.

Lol, welcome to the high ping that Australians play on a good day
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    Lol, welcome to the high ping that Australians play on a good day
    Its unplayable, my toon stands still while others can move and kill me, i broke the game or something and i cant stand here reinstalling all day.

OT I'm not too sure. It sounds to me like you're capped but I don't think you guys have those sort of internet plans.
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    OT I'm not too sure. It sounds to me like you're capped but I don't think you guys have those sort of internet plans.
    Not mine my speed is fixed it wont go down or up, and speedtest.net shows no issues. the game lol is my only problem everything else is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    There was some message that linked me to a support page telling me to hit %app or Cmd in my Dos.
    But as the idiot i am i skiped it, i didnt know my timings were off or w/e.
    What you describe here makes absolutely no sense. It seems to me like you probably have a virus or something to that effect.

Are you able to play like Star Craft or Tribes with a decent ping?

Did you by chance flag LoL with some firewall software or similar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Are you able to play like Star Craft or Tribes with a decent ping?

Did you by chance flag LoL with some firewall software or similar?
    Wow starcraft everything else is fine.
    I had tribes but i uninstalled it to try to fix lol because its insesant process to update bugged me.

Hm. Might be worth checking to see if your blocked or limited access LoL somehow.

check pingtest.net and make sure you aren't dropping packets.

Just a crazy idea... maybe you're using wireless internet and someone found out your password and is "leeching"? I honestly can't think of another reason for ping to suddenly go up, when you haven't done anything.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leech_(computing)

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Just a crazy idea... maybe you're using wireless internet and someone found out your password and is "leeching"? I honestly can't think of another reason for ping to suddenly go up, when you haven't done anything.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leech_(computing)
    Well i would see them on my home network no?

---------- Post added 2012-03-06 at 01:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    check pingtest.net and make sure you aren't dropping packets.
    It could not verify packet loss, however i did a trace route and found that the problem is long after my isp so its not there problem hence why the net is fine but the game is not, patch related maybe?

---------- Post added 2012-03-06 at 01:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm. Might be worth checking to see if your blocked or limited access LoL somehow.
    I asked my isp about 20 mins ago if i hit my cap there was nothing on their end, its purely on lol now.

Do you know anything about a time something error and a cmd prompt command to fix it?
    There was a message about that but i closed it like a nublet.

Deleted
    it's just the crappy LoL servers/ISP. people in the UK have had this issue for a long time, as have people in other countries who's internet providers uses telia. neither side agrees that the fault is on their side so it's not being fixed by anyone. it was super bad for around 5 months which basically made the game unplayable during that period.

try playing at late night, ie. 2am. if the ping goes down during this time period, where your ISP and LoL servers are less stressed, then it's nothing on your end and there isn't really anything you can do.

Deleted
    If its purely slow and not disconnecting and such, probably LoL servers yeah. You could check if all your ports are forwarded properly: http://www.firebind.com/lol.php. The time syncing is if you can't connect to chat and you can find it on the support pages.

Deleted
    i haven´t played lol for quite a long time now but i remember the servers being quite laggy, they could broke sometimes and even my ping would go up to around 300.

Deleted
    Maybe check if you have problems with firewall blocking the game. Happened to me once and i had spikes for like 5min untill it came to me and i let program bypass the firewall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstrogue View Post
    Maybe check if you have problems with firewall blocking the game. Happened to me once and i had spikes for like 5min untill it came to me and i let program bypass the firewall.
    I told the allow lol.launcher thing in my settings and its only started recently, but ive noticed some lag spikes in wow too.
    But only if lol was previously launched.