Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Official Cross-Realm Group Thread

Welcome to the official Cross-Realm Raid sticky! This thread is designed to compile and organize all cross-realm runs. Please use only this thread to do so. Any new threads created will be closed and directed here.

Outside Resources

- OpenRaid US & OpenRaid EU

If you have a website designed for this purpose and would like it to be added here, please contact us to let us know about it.

Cross-realm Raid Rules

- Please follow the Forum Guidelines while participating in this thread.
    - Absolutely no RealID information should be shared in this thread. Keep it to PMs or ingame.
    - Buying & selling of runs/achieves/drops/etc. are not allowed in any form on this site. Posts attempting to do so will be infracted and deleted.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-01-02 at 10:38 PM.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just create a sub-forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    idd , thanks for closing my post that got me 90% of the players.
    this is not going to work & nobody will get any kind of attention thru this.

sorry.....but nice effort.

We had to decide between letting people turn the R&D and Achievement forums into a giant spam of recruitment threads and consolidate everything at the same place. We went with the 2nd option.

I already explained that I will not do dedicated forums unless I find a way to make it safe enough for players. Currently, just giving away your battle.net mail is a pretty huge security risk and I don't want to see players losing their accounts because we rushed the implementation.

The new threads are the best way to make sure that everybody gets a fair chance at advertising, and makes browsing through available raids easier for people who don't feel like going through 3 pages of forums and 20 threads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We had to decide between letting people turn the R&D and Achievement forums into a giant spam of recruitment threads and consolidate everything at the same place. We went with the 2nd option.

I already explained that I will not do dedicated forums unless I find a way to make it safe enough for players. Currently, just giving away your battle.net mail is a pretty huge security risk and I don't want to see players losing their accounts because we rushed the implementation.

The new threads are the best way to make sure that everybody gets a fair chance at advertising, and makes browsing through available raids easier for people who don't feel like going through 3 pages of forums and 20 threads.
    Why not just redo this post as a post for openraid.eu / oprenraid.us , since only the leaders of raids can see ur real ID.
    All the raids posted above can be posted each week on that site to keep track.

But this way its just gettin destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post

Why not just link people to Openraid.com/eu it is the best way of managing account security from what i've seen and a really decent website. You guys should cover it on the front page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomis View Post
    Why not just link people to Openraid.com/eu it is the best way of managing account security from what i've seen and a really decent website. You guys should cover it on the front page.
    OpenRaid.us and .eu btw, there is no .com

Thanks very much for listing us <3

I wanted to explain a few things about account security.

But yes, there is really nothing to worry about if you just get an authenticator. It's 100% safe to use with an authenticator, and even without, the chances of getting hacked are about as big as you winning the jackpot in a lottery - unless you give someone your password of course.... Note that we will never ask for your BNet password at OpenRaid. I will explain further:

Anyway, it's more or less impossible to get hacked if you have authenticator, so you should have an authenticator regardless (we promote use of this on the site, too). Also, usernames are not passwords. Having two passwords (1 password 1 username/email) is just as safe as one password (and making email public). If you're going to get hacked, a keylogger will most likely be the cause, and that will read both anyway. The only thing that will prevent that, is an authenticator. Having 5 of the same locks won't really help you. This is a common misconception. Considering your username a password still makes it one-factor authenticator which is just as unsafe.

Remainder of hacks happen because of social engineering which is also not possible if you have an authenticator.

I do understand the privacy aspect and respect if you don't want to share your name. In that case, feel free to wait for Battle Tag. Until then, you are of course free to join OpenRaid and check out the community. Use chat, the forums, the free ventrilo, and have some fun.

For those that really don't want to share Real ID but still want to try x-realm raiding...
    You can simply host a raid on OpenRaid - no one needs to know your real ID! Just create a raid and invite people. Don't fill in your real ID. Cross-realm people can still join you. If you invite someone to real ID, they cannot see your bnet email address at all. Try this with someone you trust -- you cannot see e-mail adresses ever. You can only see the real names and character names of people on Real ID. Try it

If you have evidence that there is a BNet vulnerability of course I would like to know. However, I sincerely and respectfully doubt that Blizzard would walk around with a vulnerability in ther authentication system which causes people to get hacked simply by having a username. About half the population would get hacked -- all the people that have no authenticator and use their e-mail address for other stuff.

Read all about two-factor authentication here (password+authenticator):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-factor_authentication

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on US Alliance we know you're out there somewhere!

No, this is not safe, and I'd like to point out that it's a service that's useful to players and it's the only reason why we didn't enforce the "no advertising" rule in the first place. A lot of people are running around without authenticators and are definitely at risk when their Battle.net mail is out in the open.

Even with authenticators, there's still a pretty high risk of getting in trouble. It only makes your WoW account safe, it doesn't protect you from tons of other bad things that could happen to you.

Also, this thread is here to give a fair chance to everyone, Openraid already has the top link in the thread and we don't need tons of bumps about it, it just makes the thread useless.

It already exists, it's BattleTags, and it's coming in a few months with MoP.

The whole debate is somewhat weird, since the problems are pretty much the same as the real name RealID back when Blizzard tried to introduce it.

I'm not restricting this kind of service because it makes me happy, trust me, I'd love to have a giant forum for cross realm raid recruitment that gets us tons of pageviews and money, but privacy always comes first.

Good job! Thank you for cleaning up this thread. It is a lot easier to find raids that I am eligible for. Hated looking through the pages and finding a FL run then finding out it was horde, or EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Region / Faction: EU / Horde
    Instance: HC Firelands (and maybe Sinestra)
    Time: 14:00 (GMT +1) Every Saturday
    Contact Info: In game mail to Xtramagic / Xtrarunes (on Khadgar)
    Description: 7/7 HC Firelands (and maybe Sinestra) this is a quick efficient clear to get hold of some of the still BIS gear. You are not eligible for BIS loot, or mounts until your second showing. For the benefit of this run, I'd like people to preferably already have all the achs, but 6/7 HC FL is essential.
    Date Posted: 07.03.2012

Weekly on Saturdays, bump to to front post please =D
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2012-03-14 at 01:54 PM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

US / Horde:
    ICC 10M HC:
    Wed 6pm PST:
    YouBlew on Lightbringer:
    This run will be for Meta/Mount Runs I will be doing 10m and then changing to 25m when I have enough wanting to do it, nothing is on reserve so come get your Transmog gear and Shadowmourne items:
    March 8th 2012:

US - Horde:
    Heroic Ragnaros:
    9:00 PM EST this Saturday (March 10th):
    To sign up:
    http://www.openraid.us/index.php/users/raid/1319/

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's a recurring (weekly/biweekly/etc) run, make sure to say that so we know to include it in the first post!

10+ Year Old Account
    US - Horde
    Heroic 25 man 6/7+ Firelands 25 man
    5PM EST - Tuesday, March 13th, 2012
    Questions can be directed to Tinytator on zul'jin
    Sign-up: http://www.openraid.us/index.php/users/raid/1030

Still having issues to connect to OpenRaid.us, wondering if there was any help available

People need to just use other services cause this is just going to be a big clusterfuck if anyone hosting a raid AND people looking for one are posting in one thread. No one is going to search through all that crap. No real orginisation to one thread. Really should just make some sub forums eu and us.

Seriously the people who run this place are getting their heads up their asses as much as elitistjerks these days. Probably get banned for saying it but w/e.

10+ Year Old Account
    Region / Faction: US-Nesingwary // Horde
    Instance: HM Firelands
    Time: Anytime
    Contact Info: PM: ZeleNC // Email: ZeleNC@gmail.com // RealID: ZeleNC@gmail.com
    Description: Looking for a HM Rag kill, its all I want. No loot, Just a HM Rag kill. I know the fight, just don't have the guild to do it.
    Date Posted: 3/13/2012