Mythic Imperator vs Mythic Maidens

For those that have killed both... what is easier?

We are currently at 6/7 HM and 7/10 BRF, and we're aware that maidens/furnace/BH becomes a bit of a wall... so we're thinking about going back to Imp

Any tips for both fights and opinions are greatly appreciated, thanks

Not sure why this rumor of Maidens being a hard wall is perpetuated. If you do 3 boat strat on M Maidens that fight is on par with oregorger in terms of difficulty. Not even remotely joking. Unfortunately 3 boat strat will require the right class composition as well.

Coordination wise both are about equal in difficulty for the gear they're tuned for, but Imp is tuned for 15 item levels lower so if you go back you'll down it in one night no sweat.

Maidens is easier IMO. Imperator has a lot of mechanics and phases that you need to know how to handle.

At 7/10 m you already outgear imperator by a shitton

with the gear I'd expect you to have with that progress, Mar'gok should be a complete pushover. If you were to compare them both to the appropriate gear levels they were first encountered with then Margok is a much harder fight... but that was still 10-20 ilvls behind where we're at now.
    Red <Imperium>, Nagrand EU, redsparowe#2548

This week my guild has killed Imperator within 6-7 pulls (We were failing 2nd transition/start of P3 before BRF)
    We're now working on Maidens, the Imperator fight was harder but now is easy with focus and knowledge, its a one night fight imo.

I'd say continue with Maidens. Margok might be easier now with gear, but I wouldn't say it's a pushover as it requires some pulls to get the flow of the phases down. Doesn't matter how much gear you have, there are specifics to the encounter that require coordination and cooldown timing. Iron Maidens has that as well, but it's not nearly as bad in my opinion. Besides, going to Margok feels weird. It could cause some people to question why it is you're going back and become unhappy with the officer cores decision which is never good for chemistry. Stick to BRF progress unless the majority of the guild really wants to go back to do Margok.

in mythic brf gear, imperator is much easier. Maiden's isn't particularly hard though, regardless of what p3 strat you use. took us 4 tries in the last phase to do it the "standard" way where you keep all 3 down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherle View Post
    Not sure why this rumor of Maidens being a hard wall is perpetuated. If you do 3 boat strat on M Maidens that fight is on par with oregorger in terms of difficulty. Not even remotely joking. Unfortunately 3 boat strat will require the right class composition as well.

Coordination wise both are about equal in difficulty for the gear they're tuned for, but Imp is tuned for 15 item levels lower so if you go back you'll down it in one night no sweat.
    my guild is not yet on mythic maidens but what is this 3 boat tactic and what classes you need for it?

Well, in our server there is a 6/10M guild that just went to HM today and killed Imperator M in 20 tries. It took them less tries than their first Oregorger or Hans&Franz M kill took them. So I assume that BRF gear makes Imperator M really easy.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    my guild is not yet on mythic maidens but what is this 3 boat tactic and what classes you need for it?
    Im assuming he means the cheese strat. It basically involves pushing 20% right as the third boat starts (You need to send admiral up first). By sending admiral on the boat you do lose quite a bit of dps and have to deal with bombs, but you have no turrets/aim shots.

Or maybe im thinking of a different strat.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    Ontopic, i play both factions since i accidentally the queues
    Ben Dover and Alpha Queue too!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    ... so we're thinking about going back to Imp
    To echo some of the others, given you're 7/10M BRF, you should outgear Mythic Imp by now. That mixed with your above quote, which leads me to believe your guild has put in a couple solid attempts on M Imp, I suspect he should be "easy" for you guys to down.

i guess it will take your about a night of progressing to get the mechanics right

gear makes imperator a lot easier, not having to time your cds perfectly to deal with adds etc.

also last phase pretty much just falls over in ~60-90 seconds if you have bloodlist available

Quote Originally Posted by Ardlec View Post
    Im assuming he means the cheese strat. It basically involves pushing 20% right as the third boat starts (You need to send admiral up first). By sending admiral on the boat you do lose quite a bit of dps and have to deal with bombs, but you have no turrets/aim shots.

Or maybe im thinking of a different strat.
    Yes this is the strat I'm talking about. Really makes the encounter much easier.

I say it needs class coordination because you have to do the Sorka boat for this strat and Sorka's boat required good cc and coordination. We send 3 hunters for ice traps and 2 druids for mass entangle and single roots up for our Sorka boat team, but i'm sure other combos are possible. This boat is probably the only mildly difficult part of 3-boat Maidens strat.

Mythic Imperator Mar'gok is a joke now. Really easy fight.

Pre BRF release we had spent around 1 hour and 10 wipes on M Mar'gok. We hadn't attempted him since and were just doing BRF. We're currently 6/10M.

We went in last night and it took us 2 hours and 14 attempts to get a kill. We got our kill the second time we got to Cho'gall phase..

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    I'd say continue with Maidens. Margok might be easier now with gear, but I wouldn't say it's a pushover as it requires some pulls to get the flow of the phases down. Doesn't matter how much gear you have, there are specifics to the encounter that require coordination and cooldown timing. Iron Maidens has that as well, but it's not nearly as bad in my opinion. Besides, going to Margok feels weird. It could cause some people to question why it is you're going back and become unhappy with the officer cores decision which is never good for chemistry. Stick to BRF progress unless the majority of the guild really wants to go back to do Margok.

Cutting Edge and completion-ism sake say hello?

At this point with BRF gear and the ilvl boost, Imp is really easy. Prior to BRF our progression on M Imp amounted to some pulls into P2 after the 1st transition and that's about it. We've currently got a night of progression in on M Maidens and I expect a kill this week. Earlier in the week we went back and killed M Imp in 6 or 7 pulls. The gear makes quite a difference. Our 1st pull of the night we had 19 people while we waited for someone to get on and we got most of the way through P3 despite early P2 being the most we'd seen before. If you were 6/7M before BRF and haven't gone back to finish it off yet, I'd definitely advise you to take an hour or two and knock it out. The only challenging part of the fight is transitioning to Cho'gall at the right time (with no adds up) and getting those first waves of his adds down. Once you get past that its pretty simple, especially since you won't need heroism for any of the earlier parts of the fight.
    Raids & Dungeons Mod | Ashamanxx | <Despotism>, 7/7M, 8/10M, 2 Days/Week US-Greymane