Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can Warlock Solo?

I keep seeing posts and watching videos of DKs and Paladins soloing stuff like Doomwalker, Kara, every Heroic both TBC and Northrend, and other cool stuff.
    If I get geared enough and with the right spec can I do the same thing with my lock? It makes sense that a Demo lock could do the same. I mean where DKs and Paladins have to tank the mob we have our own tank in a pet, where DKs self heal with deathstrike and paladins can heal via seal of light and bubble/heal we can life drain and also heal pet.

Warlock can solo better than Paladin or Death knight or not?

Not even close to Blood DK's and still behind ret pallies becouse of heavy WoG heals, but doing heroics should be possible.

there was an affliction lock who solo'ed lady vashj.

killed onyxia 10 solo with my demolock. (403ilvl+legend)
    Almost kill Eye (Kael) in bis gear of 4.2. Going to kill him in bis gear of 4.3 but im so lazy.

Deleted
    You can solo mount hyjal as well if you wanna get your tier gearz!

Deleted
    Warlocks are pretty good at soloing. But of course there're better classes. I'd say that death kights are the top soloing class (obviously), followed by hunters (pet class like warlocks, but can do everything better than locks and FD is just pure imba). Feral druids are pretty good too. So I'd probably rank locks as the 4th best soloing spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by zebramints View Post
    Thats about it though, maybe some random 10 man stuff but it's a fairly short list
    On the contrary I think it's a rather long list.
    Like:
    - Full T4
    - Full T5
    - Full T6 (except Reliquary of Souls, Kalecgos, maybe M'uru (?))
    - Malygos, Onyxia, 3/4 at VoA
    - Sartharion 3D
    - Full Naxxramas-10
    - Full Ulduar-10 (except Algalon)
    And probably a few others I haven't tried yet.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soloing as demo is far less ideal than affliction. The affliction talent points that boost drain life are very helpful. Most of the later LK raid bosses just hit too hard for us to stay alive.

I've soloed Flame Leviathan on 25 man but that was a vehicle fight so any class could do it really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistrust View Post
    Soloing as demo is far less ideal than affliction. The affliction talent points that boost drain life are very helpful. Most of the later LK raid bosses just hit too hard for us to stay alive.
    Hu?
    Demo is by far the best (or only) soloing spec. When bosses start to hit hard (T7 and T8) a voidwalker with 200k hp, 28k armor makes a far better tank than yourself. Not mentionning the huge amor buff provided with Metamorphosis.
    I mean it's litteraly impossible to drain-tank them, but my faithful voidy can tank Patchwerk or Brutallus with no problem.
    The only times I ever used affliction when soloing were for the bosses that couldn't be done otherwise. Well I only see two actually, Azgalor (doom debuff) and Kel'thuzad (ice block) - you can do Kael'thas as afflic, but I'd prefer demo for him.

Ive solo'd magtheridon on my lock as demo

yeah locks solo well if they know what they're getting into, ive seen most locks roll Demo for their Voidwalker, but Afflic still has better self heals
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

they can to some degree as demo, affliction is the underdog compared to it and destro is just bad

I remember a guy on here posting a couple of vids of him soloing Cata heroic bosses. I can't seem to find em on Youtube. (Will continue search).

Some affliction warlock solo'ed Malygos. It was on mmo-champ frontpage some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Warlocks are pretty good at soloing. But of course there're better classes. I'd say that death kights are the top soloing class (obviously), followed by hunters (pet class like warlocks, but can do everything better than locks and FD is just pure imba). Feral druids are pretty good too. So I'd probably rank locks as the 4th best soloing spec.

On the contrary I think it's a rather long list.
    Like:
    - Full T4
    - Full T5
    - Full T6 (except Reliquary of Souls, Kalecgos, maybe M'uru (?))
    - Malygos, Onyxia, 3/4 at VoA
    - Sartharion 3D
    - Full Naxxramas-10
    - Full Ulduar-10 (except Algalon)
    And probably a few others I haven't tried yet.
    Full naxx 10. Yeah, I'll believe a lock doing Instructor when I see it. Also, wouldn't you get tombed on kt with a pet out? Najentus? No, I don't think so. Not unless there's some way to bug out the encounter that I don't know of. Sarth 3d? Doubt that very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Scewts View Post
    Full naxx 10. Yeah, I'll believe a lock doing Instructor when I see it. Also, wouldn't you get tombed on kt with a pet out? Najentus? No, I don't think so. Not unless there's some way to bug out the encounter that I don't know of. Sarth 3d? Doubt that very much.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1PTBdhwSMU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EgBrynlKuk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_AL0ziWLHs

Ask and you shall receive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXpYK...9D2DC4DC59E05E Gluth too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVycw_hgWo The Naj Man.
    Last edited by doot; 2012-03-07 at 08:36 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_AL0ziWLHs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVycw_hgWo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6LNdJuXNzc

Beaten to it.

Not entirely sure why he couldn't have been bothered to Youtube it himself. lol.

Okay so far as I have been able to solo:

Molten Core
    AQ 20 (or whatever it is now)
    Most of AQ 40
    Kara
    All BC heroics
    Most of the Wrath heroics

Probably will try some more of the BC raids soon. *As well, the physical damage from Naxx 10 bosses is quite low in comparison to current health pools. *So might be possible I will test this some time soon. *Would have attempted more but I need to be in a soloing mood to even try.

Deleted
    Hehe, I wouldn't have say it if that wasn't the case.
    For Naj'entus there're lots of ways of killing him. Like I did in the video (soulstone trick), bursting him before he even uses his bubble (doable with DS gear now), or you can get spined and still being able to loot it, if you spam click at the last second (collect one or two spines then kill him the normal way).
    In the Kel'thuzad fight you don't get tombed if you're tanking him, that's why you need to drain-tank as affliction spec. There's a non-practical way of doing it as demo, using LoS (the same way Kael'thas doesn't MC you if you're out of LoS), but I don't think it's worth it. But Hunters do it that way.
    Sartha 3D, hey it's just a matter of killing him before he goes immune. Just a pure gear check, with a bit of kiting at the end.
    Instructor Razuvious, it's just a fight proving that a voidwalker is not that bad of a tank.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-03-07 at 11:14 PM.