Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We USED to be able to solo, then we lost all of our self healing...for some reason...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humungo View Post
    We USED to be able to solo, then we lost all of our self healing...for some reason...
    Yeah right, cause now we don't have Fel Armor, Siphon Life, Drain Life...
    oh wait.
    Not mentionning Death Coil or Healthstone. Don't forget we're a pet class. We redirect damage to our demon. Health Funnel is a good healing spell, with a nice -30% dmg buff.

Stop feeling self-pity. While it's probably harder for us to achieve the same as others (/point hunters), we warlocks are a great soloing class.
    Hey for instance, only 3 classes can solo Naxx. And we're one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Yeah right, cause now we don't have Fel Armor, Siphon Life, Drain Life...
    oh wait.
    Not mentionning Death Coil or Healthstone. Don't forget we're a pet class. We redirect damage to our demon. Health Funnel is a good healing spell, with a nice -30% dmg buff.

Stop feeling self-pity. While it's probably harder for us to achieve the same as others (/point hunters), we warlocks are a great soloing class.
    Hey for instance, only 3 classes can solo Naxx. And we're one of them.
    Which class can solo Naxx?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Montiugus View Post
    Which class can solo Naxx?
    Besides locks, death knights and hunters, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Besides locks, death knights and hunters, obviously.
    Four classes. Don't forget the druids!

You might be able to solo Marrowgar with pet tanking and lifehealing him(sorry blanking on skill name)

life funnel i think :S

Do it as my hunter all the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks can solo but not anything fancy. Leave that for the heroclass.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Four classes. Don't forget the druids!
    Oh druids can solo Razuvious, Gluth and Thaddius? Was looking for vids on yt and couldn't find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnaos View Post
    You might be able to solo Marrowgar with pet tanking and lifehealing him(sorry blanking on skill name)

life funnel i think :S

Do it as my hunter all the time.
    Is your hunter a goblin or a worgen? Cause Marrowgar doesn't cast Bone Spike on those classes, so it's a total non challenge to solo him that way.

Oh druids can solo Razuvious, Gluth and Thaddius? Was looking for vids on yt and couldn't find one.
    Didn't record 'em (I really, really wish I had on Gluth, it had such a great ending!), but: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x60hpef8v7d7gemj/
    Only recently became possible, thanks to the vengeance change in 4.3, so that'd put locks as #3 anyway. I definitely recall seeing your Raz vid sometime when he'd still smash my face in... I was kind of jealous . Sort of a "Wait, Warlocks can do that?!" feeling.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2012-03-08 at 09:05 AM.

So far I was able to solo (on my lvl 80 lock twink): MC, almost full kara, all TBC hc's. Haven't really tried AQ.

What is the best class for solo?

Blood DK, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by zebramints View Post
    We can solo most BC raid bosses and all the LK 5 man heroics.

Thats about it though, maybe some random 10 man stuff but it's a fairly short list
    This^

There are videos of people soloing other stuff, I believe there is one of sarth 3d, but LK raids and a couple in BC are extremely difficult because our self healing is so gimped that we can't properly mitigate the incoming damage whether that be sustained damage or burst even in meta because the self healing is terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Montiugus View Post
    What is the best class for solo?
    Blood DK and then hunter

I can solo most TBC raids on my druid, but I am lazy so i cba with all the preperation for things like kael'thas.
    As for both WotLK and TBC heroics, they can be done in Kitty form.
    I mean if i change one glyph I can solo EoE on a druid.
    Druids will prevail!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by painweaver View Post
    There are videos of people soloing other stuff, I believe there is one of sarth 3d, but LK raids and a couple in BC are extremely difficult because our self healing is so gimped that we can't properly mitigate damage the incoming damage whether that be sustained damage or burst even in meta because the self healing is terrible.
    That's just wrong.
    We can solo most of BC raids (except the one with impossible mechanics - Kalecgos, RoS) and a lot of lk raids.
    Lot of people don't seem to know their own class and spread that kind of misinformation. We have good selfhealing, and we ways to mitigate damage.
    First of all, and some always forget that, we are a pet class. So our voidwalker is our prime way to mitigate damage. Don't try to tank like a death knight or it will end badly.
    Self-healing now. Health Funnel first. Because our pet tank is our first tool while soloing, with Improved Health funnel it's a great heal with a nice -30% dmg taken buff. I don't care if the hunter one is better.
    Ever heard of Fel Armor? Siphon Life? Those 2 skills alone are our main selfheal during a solo fight. There's drain life also, but you lose dps time during. Death Coil, Healthstone at last, but the amount healed is negligible compared to the first ones.

But anyway, the best way to proper mitigate damage is to know how the fight works and avoid most of the dmg.
    Sartha3D is one of the worst example of lock soloing, because it's just a dps race, a matter of burning the boss and praying you kill him before he kills you.