Thread: Darksiders 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    my main problem is:
    why are they already working on DLC when the game isn't even released yet?
    who says they are.. its not day one DLC but you do get it when its ready. Its also likely that the game is finished and they are working on DLC and wii u version still.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    All existing and future pre-orders for Darksiders 2 will be automatically upgraded to the Limited Edition version, which is just the standard version and a packed in DLC voucher.

Are you guys playing stupid or are always just like that? If you're going to buy the game anyway, you can pre-order it for regular price and get all the limited edition bonuses.
    It doesn't matter. I don't like the idea and I don't like supporting it. That's just my stance. Any extra game content should just be a part of the game itself. DLC is only used to leech more money from customers, and that's the only reason for it. If it were just cosmetic DLC, that would be different, because that's not an actual part of the game, but if there is extra content that some players aren't going to have, they essentially have an incomplete game unless they pay more money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the first one, but this one sounds a lot more interesting. It's going to be awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    It doesn't matter. I don't like the idea and I don't like supporting it. That's just my stance. Any extra game content should just be a part of the game itself. DLC is only used to leech more money from customers, and that's the only reason for it. If it were just cosmetic DLC, that would be different, because that's not an actual part of the game, but if there is extra content that some players aren't going to have, they essentially have an incomplete game unless they pay more money.
    I agree with you but we have to start accepting that EA and developers are doing this.. and just like F2P games with micro-transaction shops there is a right way and a wrong way to approach those things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    I agree with you but we have to start accepting that EA and developers are doing this.. and just like F2P games with micro-transaction shops there is a right way and a wrong way to approach those things.
    We don't have to accept it. Don't buy games that release with pay for day one DLC. Not buying ME3, I love the ME series, even bought the books but their whole Prothean day one DLC is bullshit.

This is borderline for me, anyone can get it as long as they buy it before release. However how long will it take for this DLC to come out? If it's out within a week to a month they'd have to been working on it before release.*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    We don't have to accept it. Don't buy games that release with pay for day one DLC. Not buying ME3, I love the ME series, even bought the books but their whole Prothean day one DLC is bullshit.
    You can check my previous posts im not buying ME3 for the very same reason.

I understand people dont like it and i very rarely buy DLC unless its on offer through steam or something but im not against it.. depending on its value (qualitly, length, price etc). Day 1 DLC is a no go for me personally but if DLC extends the life of a game, and its what people want then i dont mind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    It's like you don't even read anything in this thread. This is not an "on-disc" or "day 1" DLC. Limited Edition only gives you free access to the first DLC when it comes out. While I don't like the modern DLC model too, this particular one DLC isn't the case, because it won't you cost anything if you pre-order the game.

I agree, that announcing DLC months before the game's release kinda feels like a dirty move the players still. And it's probably an additional tool to encourage console gamers from buying used copies. But, again, this DLC actually isn't bad because it a sidestory, and not some reskin, that's being sold to you for $9.99. In this case, I really believe that this DLC will be an actual expansion of the story, not a cut-out that the players had to buy separately.
    Time will tell.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Loved the first game so this is really gonna be a day one buy for me.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Hm, wasn't a fan of the first one, felt the story drowned in mindless hack 'n slash.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

can't wait for this game, brb while i go pre-order lol

here a hint, buy a fucking pad.

seriously, the mouse and board aren't the best for every type of game.
    3rd person action games are best with a pad.
    fighting games are best with the stick and button platter.
    A hint for you as well: I have a Xbox 360 controller for windows, which is the reference among game controllers for PCs and Darksiders never accepted 360 controllers on PC. Ever. Still not.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Darksiders never accepted 360 controllers on PC. Ever. Still not.
    Wait, it doesn't? I thought only my RumblePad wasn't compatible, seeing how everything requires a 360 control these days. Anyway, I used a 360 or some other controler emulator/mapper and it worked out pretty well for me.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Wait, it doesn't? I thought only my RumblePad wasn't compatible, seeing how everything requires a 360 control these days. Anyway, I used a 360 or some other controler emulator/mapper and it worked out pretty well for me.
    yeah, there have been workarounds and not everyone seemed to have the problem, but it was pretty common when it came out. Deterred me from installing it again and making another playthrough with the pad instead of mouse / keyboard. Got kingdoms of amalur as a substitute^^
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

A hint for you as well: I have a Xbox 360 controller for windows, which is the reference among game controllers for PCs and Darksiders never accepted 360 controllers on PC. Ever. Still not.
    What? I have Darksiders on PC and I played with my 360 controller without any issues. I can't stand the mouse and keyboard controls either.

Mine worked perfectly fine.

Don't really mind DLC as I've got plenty of money, what I don't like is chasing it all down and downloading separate little files and having to buy Bioware Points just so I can do ME2 DLC. If it's all linked internally in Steam etc that's much easier for me to just select and buy.