Multiplayer space battles

Was this ever hinted to be implemented at some point? Either PVE or PVP? I feel like it would be a great addition given how your ship is another way to advance in game.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably something they'll expand on much later. I think we've only seen a tiny fraction of what they'll do with space combat over the life of the game.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    the only teasers we've had is the "secret space project" theyre working on and has been mentioned often.

that could entail anything, tho, when asked on the livestream last night about space(multiplayer, ops/raids with some space)this was the answer they gave

Q: What is the future of the space game? James: We like space. We have a secret project going on involving space but can't comment on it more right now.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Was this ever hinted to be implemented at some point? Either PVE or PVP? I feel like it would be a great addition given how your ship is another way to advance in game.
    The only thing I heard is they're working on something "big" for space. When someone asked if there'd ever be a space themed flashpoint or ops.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanotech View Post
    The only thing I heard is they're working on something "big" for space. When someone asked if there'd ever be a space themed flashpoint or ops.
    Correct. I think they mentioned this during the OPs/FPs panel. He wouldn't go in to detail, other than to say that something "big" was being worked on.

Deleted
    I wouldn't expect to hear from the Space Frontier anytime soon. It might be a potential feature for the first expansion pack but I don't see it happening within the next ~6 months.

I could imagine Warzones using Space Ships for cross-ship battles (think Battlefront) or just having direct Space PvP battles.

But so far, not that many people take interest in the Space side of SWTOR. So I can't imagine this is a very high priority.

Most likely a Flashpoint where multiple people get to do a space battle like you do now, but in a group, with boss ships etc.

Would rather use that character I've decked out in full Rakata than use that Ship that's in Rank 1 greens.

If they make it a Space Ops/Flashpoint they're making it mandatory to have to gear up your ship. The Space missions are, to me, a third mode; PvE, PvP and Space. Alot avoid doing one or the other, because they don't enjoy it, and as such aren't penalised for not doing it. If they just make a group-based rail running space missions it's just not even worth doing. Especially if they dedicate an entire Ops to it.

If they do it similar to Ulduar, as in Flame lev was vehicle based and the rest were normal fights, I could just about stomach it but I can't stand doing them as it is, never mind doing a full Ops/Heroic's worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

But so far, not that many people take interest in the Space side of SWTOR. So I can't imagine this is a very high priority.
    Ya but the reason people havent taken much interest to Space is because there isnt much there. I dont think Space is going to be something they only turn attention on when they feel its popular. Im fairly confident within 6 months we will see something, otherwise people will stop even caring about it. I think BW is aware of this.