Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    Moonwell Chalice is really strong but makes for a "harder" rotation as you have to track it's cooldown along with that of metamorphosis.
    Check this out: http://simulationcraft.org/432/Warlo..._Trinkets.html
    when I replace Demonology with Destruction in your link, it shows that darkmoon card is higher dps than everything other than Will of Unbinding......even heroic cunning & insignia.

http://simulationcraft.org/432/Warlo..._Trinkets.html

this has to be flawed, there's just no way DMC is still that good.

My warlock is destro and I'm using 390 will of unbinding & DMC......but I was hoping to upgrade to cunning or insignia. According to that link I shouldn't even upgrade.

Just as they've been since 4.1 (or so... it was changed to this between patches, but during that timeframe), the Simulationcraft hosted trinket rankings/EJ rankings only evaluate trinket procs. If you look at the gear list, you'll see that passive stats were left out of the trinkets entirely.
    Verily, thou shalt rejoice in the house of the tentacle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    when I replace Demonology with Destruction in your link, it shows that darkmoon card is higher dps than everything other than Will of Unbinding......even heroic cunning & insignia.

http://simulationcraft.org/432/Warlo..._Trinkets.html

this has to be flawed, there's just no way DMC is still that good.

My warlock is destro and I'm using 390 will of unbinding & DMC......but I was hoping to upgrade to cunning or insignia. According to that link I shouldn't even upgrade.
    That chart only evaluates the proc - and DMC:V has one hell of a proc - and has nothing to do with the secondary stat bonuses that the trinket has. In the case of DMC:V those are fairly weak. I should've been more clear about this but I believe someone else said it for me. Both Cunning and Insignia have fat secondary stats in the form of int, take these into consideration (using your own stat weights from simulationcraft) and you'll have the right option.

thanks for clearing that up.

one more thing not really related to this particular topic but i'll ask anyway......

I just ran simcraft with 50k iterations for my warlock and it shows that crit is actually worth more than mastery? I see most destro warlocks either going straight haste or gonig for 2681 haste and then the rest into mastery. Should I take this sim serious and reforge into crit instead of mastery after my haste cap has been reached?

my stat weights:

int: 3.7
    SP: 2.9
    hit: 3.3
    haste: 1.95
    crit: 1.6
    mastery: 1.5

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kculo/advanced
    Last edited by Gromnak; 2012-03-08 at 08:02 PM. Reason: armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    thanks for clearing that up.

one more thing not really related to this particular topic but i'll ask anyway......

I just ran simcraft with 50k iterations for my warlock and it shows that crit is actually worth more than mastery? I see most destro warlocks either going straight haste or gonig for 2681 haste and then the rest into mastery. Should I take this sim serious and reforge into crit instead of mastery after my haste cap has been reached?

my stat weights:
    Depending on certain trinkets that proc of crits (like the Variable Pulse Capacitator from Rag), crit can go up in value; however, as haste seems to be the biggest DPS gain for you that should be no problem - just go haste! If I'm ever unsure about my statweights simcraft is giving me, I always check the fight type as well as what buffs I've crossed of. Worst case scenario, just reinstall the bugger - it takes 5 mins.

Can't say anything without ur armory or something similar.
    Last edited by mmoc93fbe456e8; 2012-03-08 at 07:50 PM.