Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Karshtakavaar View Post
    Well, if you think about it, you are a class that can use the force to pull/push people... why is it so much of a stretch to say that they can use it to choke someone as well? Just because you're a Jedi, doesn't mean you cannot use the force in ways that other force users can. It may, on one hand though, be frowned upon by others. If you have been following the new clone wars tv show at all, Anakin uses force choke while he is still a Jedi on several occasions. Granted, this occurs during his slow fall to the dark side.
    Right, that is my point. Having those abilities be set up so they were attuned to requiring Dark/Light III (or something) would make a bit more sense as a Jedi/Sith who was following down those paths would be more likely to use their powers for that reason. Anakin is one thing, but you would never see Yoda or Obi Wan using Force Choke on someone.

Granted, something along these lines is about the only real qualm I have with the system as most of the other "heroic" cool downs aren't really specific to a type of persuasion like Force Choke is.
    Last edited by Eiffel; 2012-03-07 at 06:15 AM.

As a Sage u could get the Jedi Knight equivalent of Force Choke, to fit the lore...

lol, gl with the pvp balance, people will end up leveling specific classes, entirely for a specific spell, doubt they thought about any kind of balance when they thought this one out.

Requires your companion to be with you, AKA never at end game

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    lol, gl with the pvp balance, people will end up leveling specific classes, entirely for a specific spell, doubt they thought about any kind of balance when they thought this one out.
    You need to have heroic moment active, so as Kenny said, your companion needs to be out. This means you can not use this in FPs (unless with less than full party), Ops, WZs, or on PvP area Ilum, among other places.

now as we all have six to seven lvl 50s, id like them to also allow to recustomize existing characters for free.

Red face

tbh this might give big issues in pvp, with the insame amount of knockbacks/cc/stuns this will create immense balance issues, imagine a *sith warrior with grapple added to his arsenal ... . This forces people to lvl alts to stay competitive in pvp.*

EDIT:NVM needs a companion out, needs to work on my reading ...
    Last edited by Verda; 2012-03-07 at 08:14 AM. Reason: derp on my side

Quote Originally Posted by Asyra View Post
    Right, that is my point. Having those abilities be set up so they were attuned to requiring Dark/Light III (or something) would make a bit more sense as a Jedi/Sith who was following down those paths would be more likely to use their powers for that reason. Anakin is one thing, but you would never see Yoda or Obi Wan using Force Choke on someone.

Granted, something along these lines is about the only real qualm I have with the system as most of the other "heroic" cool downs aren't really specific to a type of persuasion like Force Choke is.
    While having dark/light requirements sounds great to you I'm sure, this actually hurts the idea more than helping it. What if you play a grey balance character? It sounds to me like your only qualm with this is that you don't think your character should be able to do this, but that's simply an RP point to you. I'm sure there are just as many Jedi and Sith out there going "How come I can't choke this prick?" and now the option will be there.

What needs to be kept in mind, is that these sort of Legacy Abilities will only be usable during a "Heroic Moment" and those are only available if you still have a companion out, which means open-world (other than Ilum) and Flashpoints. This does not include PvP or Operations, meaning that they won't become "OP" tools in Warzones, or "Must haves" for the raiding community.

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 08:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorrow View Post
    As a Sage u could get the Jedi Knight equivalent of Force Choke, to fit the lore...
    From how they explained it at the Guild Summit, it seems that each base class (all 8, 4 Pub and 4 Imp) will give access to a different ability.

The example they gave was the Smuggler/Agent. The Smuggler unlocks the groin kick, and the Agent unlocks Orbital Strike.

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 08:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by agracul View Post
    now as we all have six to seven lvl 50s, id like them to also allow to recustomize existing characters for free.
    They also said some of these Legacy "must haves" would be unlockable with in-game credits. You don't "Have" to roll alts to get them, if you have only the one character, chances are you have lots of money on that one character. You can just go and buy them.

The only abilities that I am sure they will have because they were mentioned in the Guild Summit or shown on the 1.2 trailer:
    Smuggler - Groin Kick
    Agent - Orbital Strike
    Bounty Hunter - Flamethrower
    Sith Warrior - Force Choke

Speculation:
    Trooper - one of the grenade abilities
    Sith Inquisitor - Force Lightning (it's kind of the signature move, and that seems to be what they're going by)
    Jedi Knight - (Unsure, haven't levelled one past 13 to see what they're coolest feeling ability is yet)
    Jedi Sage - (Unsure of this as well, haven't levelled one at all, maybe that aoe knockback?)

Another thing to note, and this will be really important to people who like to play solo a lot, is that if you have a level 50, that classes (or mirror classes, but they do not stack) class buff can be used with your own! Meaning, if you have a level 50 Sith Inquisitor and a Level 50 Sith Warror, but decide to level a Bounty Hunter. Whenever you use Hunter's Boon (+5% endurance) you will also get the buffs from the SW and SI (+5% dmg/healing and +5% strength/willpower/cunning/aim) at the same time. Note, if you also happen to have a Jedi Knight, you will not get a second buff for the +5% dmg/healing. So, basically if one player has a level 50 for all 4 of the mirror classes (it won't matter which side they're on) then they can buff the entire raid at once with everything!
    Last edited by Karshtakavaar; 2012-03-07 at 01:21 PM.