Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Scroll of Resurrection Revamp - Free lvl 80 Character and more!

Update - People are wondering how newly level 80 characters will be able to do anything with their level 10 or level 20 gear. The answer is probably in the new ilvl 232 uncommon armor sets + weapons introduced a while back on Patch 4.3 PTRs. However, this is pure speculation and we should probably sit tight and wait for the official announcement.

Scroll of Resurrection Revamp - Free lvl 80 Character and more!
    The new Scroll of Resurrection revamp seems to be on live servers and includes a free level 80 character and a free character/faction change for the person you're bringing back to the game! We will probably get more information from Blizzard very soon.

We can only assume that the Spectral Gryphon and Spectral Wyvern Mounts teaser from yesterday means people doing the recruiting also get nice perks.

Thanks to Kaeh for his forum post!

Last edited by Boubouille; 2012-03-06 at 08:08 PM.

Amazing - *Sends myself a Scroll*

10+ Year Old Account
    My expression when I saw this - :O

Free Level 80? And gratis cata? That's huge.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-03-06 at 07:51 PM.

why wouldn't they do this? it's very smart on blizzards part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy.Crap!

In b4 the wow is dying comments

10+ Year Old Account
    My jaw ------> The floor.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-03-06 at 07:49 PM. Reason: //edit: apparently MMO doesn't like arrows going down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, they're stopping at nothing here it would seem... worried, Blizzard?

Blizzards seems desperate now. I mean wasting soooo much money. NOT. I LoL'ed atleast.

Deleted
    Awesome idea. Nice way to get old players back into the new content without them having the feeling of having to play "Catch up" for like 2 months.

now i want to quit and become qualified for this.

I really think they need to award those of us who are loyal and play constantly - but giving US free boosts to level 80 or something. *Rather than trying to bring those back who will only quit again in short time (my friend's done it twice thus far), give something to us who play and level alts and do stuff in game constantly. *

Spend large chunk of resources revamping 1-60 content. Get character boosted to level 80.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    i get that its to encourage you to start playing...but a free 80...oh noes...i can hear the thousand angry screams coming back from further in the future already D:

Deleted
    They are most certainly stepping their sh** up! Not sure if I should be worried when they're trying this hard :P

So is it just me or does it seem that this will cause players to skip out on the whole revamped 1-60 content? I guess the idea is that they'll make alts?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, why not free lvl 85 with full PvP and PvE epics? I mean srsly blizz... They still make the game easier? I know many people would be happy about this but idd now that more people will quit for a long time and get scroll of ressurction or just make a new account and do the same thing but this is what WoW has become everyone wants everything easy

How does a fanboy defend this. It's so obvious!