Deleted

X- Com: Enemy Unknown - Fall 2012

For those that remember the original X-Com games with fondness, i am glad to say they are doing an updated version fall 2012

Check out info here X-Com (Gamesinformer Article)

I played the original back in the nineties and loved it, can't wait to see this
    Last edited by mmoc7b21d064a1; 2012-03-07 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vansar View Post
    For those that remember the original X-Com games with fondness, i am glad to say they are doing an updated version fall 2012

Check out info here X-Com (Gamesinformer Article)

I played the original back in the nineties and loved it, can't wait to see this
    I played the first one and the underwater one. Had a blast doing it. The alien research and base building was soooooo cool.

Oh boy... I still play the first game to this date.

I'm*definitively*keeping my eyes out for this one!

Deleted
    Awesome! I remember playing the **** out of the first 3 games when I was a wee nipper.

Wonder if you'll still be able to give yourself all the money by adding $$ to the beginning of the liglob.dat file?

Really looking forward to this. The other X-Com remake doesn't convey much of the atmosphere of the original but this one seems to "get it."

Deleted
    Extremely eager to give it a go. Original X-Com is still one of my all-time favourites, and along with Jagged Alliance series this is something that I've been longing to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    Really looking forward to this. The other X-Com remake doesn't convey much of the atmosphere of the original but this one seems to "get it."
    My first reaction to there being a new X-Com was "F'king sweet!", then I saw the 50's sci-fi design and deflated. Nothing against 50's sci-fi but to me X-Com (or UFO as it was known here) is near future so I was pretty chuffed when I saw the other remake.

I'm actually playing (again) the very original X-Com these days, it's so awesome.

This guy is a bit over the top, but he shows some interesting screenshots etc:
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

[QUOTE=Xebu;15820216]I'm actually playing (again) the very original X-Com these days, it's so awesome.

This guy is a bit over the top, but he shows some interesting screenshots etc:
    [snip]Video with incredibly over-enthusiastic and slightly annoying guy[/snip]

4:40 Geoscape!

Deleted
    All these games are now on sale at Steam if people want to take a trip down nostalgia lane!

And, wow, the guy from the clip ... forgot to take his mood stabilizers or summink?

Fascinating. I wonder how close they will get to the original. Such a fine line in updating a game versus ruining the appeal.

X-COM/UFO/etc is one of the best games of all time. Anyone else remember the dialogue-less intro and the music at the start? Damn that rocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Anyone else remember the dialogue-less intro and the music at the start? Damn that rocked.
    I loooove that intro and it's kickass retro music ^^
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Not sure if this is a full on necro but, did anyone see the E3 coverage. /drool

http://<object id="vid_5396f429672d7...12"/></object>

http://<object classId="clsid:D27CDB...nown</a></div>

not sure why its just showing the link...

Very stoked for this here are some videos

E3 Official trailer "Last Stand"

15min tactical gameplay narrated:

IGN E3 Interview and gameplay

Gameinformer Fireaxis inhouse Interview

AngryJoe E3 Interview

Totalbiscuit E3 Interview
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2012-06-16 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best way I can respond to this is...

I loved the original XCOM and hope this one lives up to the greatness of it.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Time to put your money where your mouth is.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200510/

I think this might be the only non-Blizzard game I've ever pre-ordered.

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 11:03 PM ----------

Steam now has a demo available.