X- Com: Enemy Unknown - Fall 2012

For those that remember the original X-Com games with fondness, i am glad to say they are doing an updated version fall 2012

Check out info here X-Com (Gamesinformer Article)

I played the original back in the nineties and loved it, can't wait to see this
    Last edited by Vansar; 2012-03-07 at 12:25 AM.

Guild Wars 2
    Vansar Vespasian - Human Warrior
    Lucipher Vandrake - Human Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Vansar View Post
    For those that remember the original X-Com games with fondness, i am glad to say they are doing an updated version fall 2012

Check out info here X-Com (Gamesinformer Article)

I played the original back in the nineties and loved it, can't wait to see this
    I played the first one and the underwater one. Had a blast doing it. The alien research and base building was soooooo cool.

Oh boy... I still play the first game to this date.

I'm*definitively*keeping my eyes out for this one!

Awesome! I remember playing the **** out of the first 3 games when I was a wee nipper.
    Feigning Death and watching you all die since 2005!

Wonder if you'll still be able to give yourself all the money by adding $$ to the beginning of the liglob.dat file?

Really looking forward to this. The other X-Com remake doesn't convey much of the atmosphere of the original but this one seems to "get it."

Extremely eager to give it a go. Original X-Com is still one of my all-time favourites, and along with Jagged Alliance series this is something that I've been longing to continue.
    WBMA - Leave our beards alone

Skype, PS3 & Steam - Whiteington

Battletag - Whitey#2918 - feel free to add me, I'm a social animal

Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    Really looking forward to this. The other X-Com remake doesn't convey much of the atmosphere of the original but this one seems to "get it."
    My first reaction to there being a new X-Com was "F'king sweet!", then I saw the 50's sci-fi design and deflated. Nothing against 50's sci-fi but to me X-Com (or UFO as it was known here) is near future so I was pretty chuffed when I saw the other remake.

I'm actually playing (again) the very original X-Com these days, it's so awesome.

This guy is a bit over the top, but he shows some interesting screenshots etc:
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Holy Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

[QUOTE=Xebu;15820216]I'm actually playing (again) the very original X-Com these days, it's so awesome.

This guy is a bit over the top, but he shows some interesting screenshots etc:
    [snip]Video with incredibly over-enthusiastic and slightly annoying guy[/snip]

4:40 Geoscape!

All these games are now on sale at Steam if people want to take a trip down nostalgia lane!

And, wow, the guy from the clip ... forgot to take his mood stabilizers or summink?
    Feigning Death and watching you all die since 2005!

Fascinating. I wonder how close they will get to the original. Such a fine line in updating a game versus ruining the appeal.

X-COM/UFO/etc is one of the best games of all time. Anyone else remember the dialogue-less intro and the music at the start? Damn that rocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Anyone else remember the dialogue-less intro and the music at the start? Damn that rocked.
    I loooove that intro and it's kickass retro music ^^
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Holy Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Not sure if this is a full on necro but, did anyone see the E3 coverage. /drool

http://<object id="vid_5396f429672d7...12"/></object>

http://<object classId="clsid:D27CDB...nown</a></div>

not sure why its just showing the link...

Very stoked for this here are some videos

E3 Official trailer "Last Stand"

15min tactical gameplay narrated:

IGN E3 Interview and gameplay

Gameinformer Fireaxis inhouse Interview

AngryJoe E3 Interview

Totalbiscuit E3 Interview
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2012-06-16 at 08:34 PM.
    Warlock / IA Operative / Wizard / Engineer

The best way I can respond to this is...

I loved the original XCOM and hope this one lives up to the greatness of it.

Time to put your money where your mouth is.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200510/

I think this might be the only non-Blizzard game I've ever pre-ordered.

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 11:03 PM ----------

Steam now has a demo available.