Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Open SRP] A War In The Snow.

A blinding screech echoed across the battlefield. What looked like a bony shadow swept across the skies of the Dragonblight. Weeks had passed since the fall of Deathwing, and the denizens of Wyrmrest had already begun their recovery. As had the surrounding area as the children of the Old Gods had shrunk back into the frozen ground. But, tensions between the Alliance and Horde had risen, and both factions had resorted to all out war.

The battle waged fiercely within the Dragonblight, the Horde forces being spearheaded by the Banshee Queen, and the Alliance's by King Varian Wrynn. They clashed in the snowy wastes to the east of Wyrmrest Temple.

The same skeletal leviathan shot across the sky once more, screeching loudly. It then plummeted downwards, as it fell towards the front lines of the Alliance. Erhagos slammed downwards into Varian's forces, crushing many under foot and form. "Succumb to the might of the Forsaken!", he roared, unleashing a jet of icicles onto the dozen archers that stood behind. As they shot forwards, the shards of ice impacted right into the rangers, sending them to a cold death.

Roaring loudly, the frost wyrm thrust his wings downwards, throwing himself back towards the dimmed sky above.

((Open SRP. We're fighting to the east of Wyrmrest, weeks after Deathwing's fall. I'm not narrating this or anything. Just jump in and kill stuff!))

Not far from the front a group of horde soldiers arrive, coming closer and closer u can see it's a group of blood elf rangers. one of them was Sianne Dawnreaver. holding up her spyglass she looks to her group, With the feeling this could maby their last battle she started to talk.

"There it is... Let's go, and remember don't show mercy" Putting her spyglass away she hold her sword up. with fire showing in her eyes she start to charge.*"Charge! for the horde for Quel'thalas" Starting the attack with her rangers upon the alliance their only thoughs where to kill and win this battle.

((You mean a place where I'm openly allowed to play my Frostwyrm in combat? Yes please!)) *((So apparently other people posted while I was working on mine. *Can someone control King Varian and kill a fellow RP'rs character just like that? *Seems very godmode to me. I'm going to leave my post unedited and see how Elyaan handles this.))

Talingos came bursting through the clouds above to join his kin, Erhagos. *Letting out a bellowing roar of blue flame, he shot passed Erhagos as the fellow Frostwyrm traded places with Talingos. *Laying waste to a company of men, he beat his wings slowly and menacingly, grabbing two claw's worth of warriors and darting upwards, letting them go a hundred feet above the ground. *Their screams drifted away from Talingos and were slowly heard by their brethren below, some of them crushed by their fellow war-mates.
    Last edited by Tovarish24; 2012-03-08 at 03:59 AM.
    [GW2 : Devona's Rest: Mesmer] [Firefall Beta : Assault Recon] [Diablo 3 : Barbarian]
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 90 Mage, 86 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 65 Druid, 26 Monk

Warchief
    ( I'm not a mod nor am I the OP but I feel fairly certain what Darced did in post #2 is not valid. That's an immense amount of godmoding - to kill another person's character in one post, without their permission, and without giving them a chance to fight back is generally considered heinous among RPers - and playing a major lore character like Varian Wrynn or Sylvanas is considered a pretty big no-no as well. So Darced, about that... )

( Well he seems literate and enthousiastic enough; this is probably just inexperience on his part about how forum RP is supposed to be done. Perhaps didnt even realize Erhagos was a player character and thought it was a random NPC? Read the stickies, Darced! :> )

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

((You can godmode faction leaders, but killing other people/controlling their characters is a big no-no. That's a step too far. This is a regular roleplay, but instead of me narrating/leading it, the posters will be doing that.

For now, disregard Darced's post. It's not permitted.))

sorry, i meant that Erhagos would live , but seemed dead. Maybe unconscious and will rejoin the battle? Sorry all, Im new to RP :P (I didnt know erhagos was a character either, i though just a random frost wyrm lmao.)

((Sorry to pop into your thread unannounced, I just wanted to give Darced a helping hand. First, if you are typing something OOC (Out Of Character) then use double parenthesis (like I am writing this post.) Second, you should not godmode- i.e. take control of anyone else's character but your own. Thread NPCs are allowed in certain situations, usually at the discretion of the thread master. Not only are you not allowed to kill his/her character, you shouldn't control its actions/reactions at all. You can interact with other PCs but you can only attempt to influence them, it is up to the character's owner to decide if they get hit or not, etc. I would really suggest reading the stickies at the top. They'll help you a ton. ))
    Last edited by Istella; 2012-03-08 at 03:23 PM.

thanks a lot. I hope Erhagos will forgive me.

((We have stickies for a reason. Please read them before posting.))

Erhagos roared in glee at the sight of a fellow frostwyrm. Diving, he unleased a rain of icicles upon those warring below. Looking down, he could see a wave of shields being raised in defence. They were long bulwarks, in a similar hue of blue, but with varying shades of silver, while and beige.

"Block his attack, brothers and sisters!", screamed Nehlya, the spellbreaker. In unison, the two dozen High Elves repelled the onslaught of magic, protecting many lesser Alliance soldiers below. As the wall of shields dropped seconds later, numerous glaives pointed upwards at the descending frostwyrm. As the weapons pulsed in white and purple light, bolts of arcane energy shot towards the sky, towards Erhagos.

Luckily fo the leviathan, they did not cause massive damage. However, they were not completely ineffective. Scratching and scarring his deathly skeletal form, he shrieked and unfurled his wings, throwing himself back into the clouds.

From a hill to the south, a figure watches the High Elves' defense. A force of Forsaken troopers stands on the rise, facing the Alliance forces. An undead in dark robes smiles, "Mages!" A group of wizards appear in a purple spell, surrounding the caller. "That dragon is the key to our victory, and those High elves over there are deflecting his attacks." Flames erupt from Darced's hands, "With these reinforcements we should be able to handle them and their glaives." The Forsaken number near forty, plus the five mages. Flames continue to sear his hands, "For the Horde!" The company charges toward the High Elves. ((Darced's Bio is posted.))
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-03-09 at 03:10 AM.

Talingos glanced behind his hurtling body to see Darced the Emberweaver leading commands to defend Erhagos. Stalling mid-air for all of a second, Talingos burst downwards to aid his allies. Screaming down at the Forsaken, Talingos relayed: "Darced! I will cover your men!" Flipping his skeleton around in a twisted contortion, Talingos landed behind the Forsaken warriors and mages. Screeching loudly he let out a burst of cold flame into the air, for intimidation and because he was quite excited.

"Darced, let us take out their ranged armaments, Erhagos and I have work to do!"

Talingos fell down onto all fours and waited in a heated tension for Darced's attack to make contact.
    [GW2 : Devona's Rest: Mesmer] [Firefall Beta : Assault Recon] [Diablo 3 : Barbarian]
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 90 Mage, 86 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 65 Druid, 26 Monk

Darced and his men reaches the Alliance fortifications. The frost Wyrm Talingos stands ready behind them, "Men! Hit their flanks, me and Talingos has the center!" Darced prepares a large fireball and nods to the skeletal dragon behind him, "Do it! Now Talingos! Aim for the glaives!"

A quiet hush seemed to fill the battlefield for just a moment. The fireball being drawn by Darced was growing intensely, and it seemed to be pulling all the air out of the area. Snow under foot, the heat intensified, and the soldiers could feel their feet slipping around in the now-melting snow. A deep rumbling could be heard all around, the sound of pure energy. Talingos readied himself. His back right foot slammed into the ground, planted, followed by his left. He leaned down heavily on his front legs, and used the momentum to bounce back up into the air. With a bellowing roar, Talingos beat his wings with the force of a hundred battering rams, and an emberstorm of fire and rage rushed like an ocean through a broken wall, over the warglaives and their surrounding defenders. Following the risky maneuver, Talingos became overzealous, as he's known to do, and rushed in for another burst of icy flame on the Alliance forces, but he left his cover open, and caught a siege cannon ball in the right shoulder. Wailing in pain, Talingos crashed to the ground, as he flopped in pain. Looking to the sky, he hoped Erhagos or Darced could provide him the cover to escape and recover.

"Keep those elves busy!" The troopers roar as Darced races towards Talingos. The mage flings fireballs toward the Allliance defenders as he reaches the dragon. Cannon fire engulfs the area and Darced raises a Mana Shield to soften the incoming blows. "I can hold off the fire for now, but until Erhagos gets here, we're sitting ducks!"

Teldrian the Grey peers through his spyglass, "Forget the rangers, we have a downed frost wyrm!" He motions toward the knights, "Riders! Take out that dragon! The last thing we need is two of them!" He continues to spy on the Horde soldiers, "Nehlya, hold on we're coming!"
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-03-09 at 05:32 PM.

The two dozen spellbreakers had seen the Forsaken approach from the south.

With their quick elven movements and agility, they darted towards the assaulters that moved in further to bolster this frostwyrm that had been injured by one of the Alliance's cannons. Thrusting their glaives forward, another barrage of arcane bolts and missiles shot at the enroaching Forsaken, whilst keeping an eye opon the frostwyrm that had been momentarily taken care of. "Defensive positions!", shrieked Nehlya.

Raising their shields in unison, the spellbreakers prepared themselves for an assault in return.

Darced peers from his shield to see elven spellbreakers firing glaives at his men. The glaives rip through the Forsaken front lines and cushion the assault, "This is not good." He looks back to Talingos, "As soon as you're better those shields are going to break hard." Forsaken catapults move into position behind the Forsaken, an artillery captain yells, "Take those glaives out! For Sylvannas!" The catapults calibrate for the distance and plague drips from the shells.

Just then, Knights of Stormwind enter the battle. "For the Alliance!" Forsaken are knocked over by the horses and they fall back towards the catapults behind a hill. Teldrian rushes toward the elves position and reaches Nehlya, "Milady, where do you need us? We're at your command!"

"Take out those catapults before they take out our glaive throwers!", she ordered. Speaking slightly lower than before, she continued, "Me and my spellbreakers will slip around them, and attack their rear. Keep them occupied.". Before the knight was able to reply, the elves had already departed, using mounds of snow for cover, they attempted to penetrate the Forsaken line.

"Unleash flame!", cacked Valeth, being followed by his own group of bloodmages. Orbs of emerald and orange flame darted across the battlefield to the north of the conflict, as they impacted with the slow reactions of the dwarves and humans. The fire clung to their armored plate, spreading like a plague. It grew, until it coated their forms and reduced them to liquid and ashes.

The bloodmages moved as one, pursueing their attacks, as further assaults of flame and fel energy collided with the Alliance's defensive lines.

"Forget the dragon." Teldrian bucks on his horse and speaks to his subordinate beside him, "Go for the catapults instead, the lady wants them out like a light before they have a chance to fire." The soldier nods and rides toward the front to inform the knights of the new target. Teldrian raises his spyglass towards the hill the Forsaken have occupied. "If we don't hurry those glaives are done for."

The catapults fire towards the trees, the shells collide spraying the hot acid unto an unoccupied forest. "Damn it! Where did the elves go?" Just then, a soldier screams, "Defend the catapults! We have knights inbound!" The artillery captain looks over the hill to the right, "Get the spears ready! Skewer them when they reach us!" The troopers line the side of the rise, holding their spears forward. Teldrian scans the battle and sees a bright light surrounding the frost wyrm, "What are they doing over there?"

Darced still holds the shield as shells continue to pound the area, "Talingos?!" The frost wyrm doesn't respond, Darced shakes his head. As he turns back towards the cannon he sees something moving in the mists beside him, "Elves."

A pounding roar eminated from above, as Erhagos revealed himself from behind the murky clouds. Dropping out of the sky, his cold gaze locked itself upon the group of high elves that were circling the Forsaken line.

Folding in his wings, he dropped from the sky like a rock, as if intent on crashing. Yet, as he was mere meters off the ground, his wingspan grew, revealing his true gargantuan size. Nehlya was not fast enough to warn her followers. Using his rapid appearance to his advantage, Erhagos's claws gripped around five startled spellbreakers. Throwing himself upwards, he closed his grasp, extinguishing the life from their miniscule forms.

However, he did not intend to get very high. Twisting his form, he twirled around, and crashed into the group of high elves, using their fleshy forms and the snow to cushion his impact. If he did not kill them in his act or knock them unconcious, his thrashing about would do so. "Pathetic, fleshy Alliance! Now, arise Talingos and aid the Forsaken!", he roared, as purple and blue energy pulsated around his fellow frostwyrm.