Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    its a pretty meh issue tbh. but would make me laugh if people say its "unfair" for min-maxers, as most are generally the same that say the game has no endgame content or is too easy, so what would it matter?
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding racial abilities after nearly everyone has their main at max level is just a stupid idea. Although 1.2 looks like an awesome patch, everything they've said just makes it painfully obvious that the game wasn't release-ready.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Adding racial abilities after nearly everyone has their main at max level is just a stupid idea. Although 1.2 looks like an awesome patch, everything they've said just makes it painfully obvious that the game wasn't release-ready.
    the listed racials OP has are the ones from BETA. not the ones actually going in.

Reading comprehension is hard.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    the listed racials OP has are the ones from BETA. not the ones actually going in.

Reading comprehension is hard.
    Yes, yes it is, I should sleep more
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    I think you greatly misunderstood something, do you have any source for that? where do all those racials come from?

Did you make oll of this up just because of the human presence bonus?
    You know why humans get that presence bonus, right?
    Because humans would not get a reward for leveling to 50, other races unlock new that race for all classes, but humans are ALREADY available for all classes. so, to reward that they added the presence bonus which applies ONLY to companions

now there is absolutley not the slightest hint that all those racials are coming back, no chance in hell, bioware hates them and most of the players hate them.

this thread ist just 100% false information.
    This racials where in beta back in October, even a French guy had uploaded it a video showing them. And back then it did matter which race you were going to roll. As far as a part of that system is coming live when 1.2 hits live, nobody can say from now that they will or won't introduce racial like beta's. Cyborgs can also almost be most classes and they are going to add some new creation character options, like new visuals implants or something like this. They'll probably do the same for Humans. The hint about the presence bonus is something complete new and should not be confused with Humans be available for all class.

To summit it up, this is the list of racial the where in BETA and NOT the list of the ones that would probably come in 1.2. I think they should have added back in launch or do it in an expansion and also allow us to change races. The only reason I give this informations is to warn people that are min/maxers not to roll new characters before more information comes from the PTR. The class suggestion is something that me and some friends were discussing back in beta. BW tried them and decided to not introduce them in launch, but they also did about many things. Some of them from beta are back now, coming with the new patch or some will come back in the future. Some others will never hit live servers.

As a min/maxers myself, I really hope that they won't introduce the same bonus they did back in October. I have already my two mains at level 50 and I don't want to level them again to get the correct bonuses.
    Last edited by mmoc1ae3a36840; 2012-03-07 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    This racials where in beta back in October, even a French guy had uploaded it a video showing them. And back then it did matter which race you were going to roll. As far as a part of that system is coming live when 1.2 hits live, nobody can say from now that they will or won't introduce racial like beta's. Cyborgs can also almost be most classes and they are going to add some new creation character options, like new visuals implants or something like this. They'll probably do the same for Humans. The hint about the presence bonus is something complete new and should not be confused with Humans be available for all class.

To summit it up, this is the list of racial the where in BETA and NOT the list of the ones that would probably come in 1.2. I think they should have added back in launch or do it in an expansion and also allow us to change races. The only reason I give this informations is to warn people that are min/maxers not to roll new characters before more information comes from the PTR. The class suggestion is something that me and some friends were discussing back in beta. BW tried them and decided to not introduce them in launch, but they also did about many things. Some of them from beta are back now, coming with the new patch or some will come back in the future. Some others will never hit live servers.

As a min/maxers myself, I really hope that they won't introduce the same bonus they did back in October. I have already my two mains at level 50 and I don't want to level them again to get the correct bonuses.
    Alot of features were removed from the beta because they had issues. Those issues have been resolved (be they performance or overall implementation isseus) and thusly they are being put back in. The fundamental reason for removing the beta racials has not changed. They are to subject to min maxing. Thusly I don't think we'll see them back in. Some clarification would be in order though.*

I am aware those are the beta racials and there is absolutely no reason for you to post them here, why you did that is really beyond me. and believe me, I can say with certainty there beta boni will not come back. the presence bonus was added exactly for that, because humans are alread available to all classes (unlike cyborgs), there is no other reason for it and no other races will get a smiliar stat bonus, never.

you just made that up.

Deleted
    Now I totally regret making a Cyborg Bounty Hunter, since those are available as republic.

Not a fan AT all of racial abilities that affect combat, pvp or pve. Let alone removing the faction limitation. This is not Star Wars anymore. One Sith Pureblood Jedi is a plot element, hundreds of them are an affront to the story. They might just have well have introduced Gungans and Ewoks.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Not a fan AT all of racial abilities that affect combat, pvp or pve. Let alone removing the faction limitation. This is not Star Wars anymore. One Sith Pureblood Jedi is a plot element, hundreds of them are an affront to the story. They might just have well have introduced Gungans and Ewoks.
    For the umpteenth time that's not what's gonna happen. Those abilities were taken out for a reason. That reason hasn't changed. The OP IS SPECULATING at best.*
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-03-07 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juubo View Post
    Now I totally regret making a Cyborg Bounty Hunter, since those are available as republic.
    Its not totally useless, doesn't it unlock all the cyborg customization options for all classes? Kinda hoping it does the same for Zabrak, because I hate the Republic Zabrak tat/skin color options.
    Yub Yub

Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    Its not totally useless, doesn't it unlock all the cyborg customization options for all classes? Kinda hoping it does the same for Zabrak, because I hate the Republic Zabrak tat/skin color options.
    yes thats correct, daniel erickson said so.
    If you level one to 50, you'll get all customization elements for all classes for cyborgs, twi lek and zabraks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    So what you're saying is that in a galaxy filled with trillions of people, it absolutely destroys all your RP sensibilities to have a few hundred "non-republic" races running around?

As far as racial bonuses are concerned, the only thing they actually confirmed is that having a level 50 human gives a presence bonus across the board since humans can already be every class. Having a level 50 of any other race just gives you the ability to use that race to make any class.

I doubt you'll see many rep.purebloods
    I'll make at least one for sure, a lot of people will, but very few will make a new character of the opossing faction their new main, and even fewer will pick a totally atypical pureblood for that.

you will most definitely never see hundreds of pureblood jedi running around.

Deleted
    This. Blizzard may do things that piss off sections of the community, but not the WHOLE community, as it is, they are finding ways to balance the sub-loss, this would just be a small suicide.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    To summit it up,
    OP, why do you do that? Are you just being clever?

You should put some sort of disclaimer in your first post that this is pure speculation. As it is, it reads like you pulled this from the Patch 1.2 test realm and it's something that will go live soon. Clearly they're not doing that in 1.2. Combat racials may reappear in the future, but they might not look anything like they looked in closed beta back in October. Come on...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

I think the OP is abit of a leap in logic. All the notes say is that leveling a Human to 50 gets you a 3% Prescence bonus across your charecters and there is a reason for this. As it stands every class can be rolled as a Human, therefore the Legacy system can't reward you with a new race/class combo so it gives you a solo play bonus instead for dinging 50 with one.

It's always fun to see just how far the Internet can take a small oversight in reading comprehension.

The presence buff, which I have not seen a percentage attached to, applies to all characters, not only human ones. This renders the OP moot.

Unless I'm the one who made the oversight, then it's just /popcorn...