SWTOR vs WOW. What do you prefer?

Anyone here play both?

What is your favourite?

Or have you changed from WOW to SWTOR? (or vice versa I suppose)

I played both. In the end I stuck with WoW. The lack of a dungeon finder made me feel like I was in Vanilla WoW again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Left both for Rift, am happy.

I preferred ToR... but my computer has some real troubles with running the game, so I am back to wow.

I prefer this thread being close like it is going to be. There is a post saying no SWTOR vs _______ and this is an exact title of that.

I'm playing SWTOR right now, but I'll probably atleast try MoP when it comes out. I also played Rift, which was basically WoW with less people and inconvenient world events that nobody did.

Really? We can't even talk about which one we prefer? Well, all right.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

SWTOR all they way ...

Actually like playing the hero ... instead of the guy who beats down the boss to 1000 hp for ... X NPC to run in and kill the boss

I will never be max level helping some goblin making stew again = )

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Really? We can't even talk about which one we prefer? Well, all right.
    In theory, its a nice thought but people get defensive and irrational when you try to compare stuff almost always leads to a flame fest.

Deleted
    I play both , but i prefer TOR overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    SWTOR all they way ...

Actually like playing the hero ... instead of the guy who beats down the boss to 1000 hp for ... X NPC to run in and kill the boss

I will never be max level helping some goblin making stew again = )
    I dont see how swtor's raid story is going to be any different than wow's.

I mean if your a Hero in Swtor, bob's a hero and bobs sister is a hero and bobs sisters friend is a hero and bobs sisters friends mom is a hero, so if everyone is a hero then whats unique about being a hero? not much, i like that in WoW's lore whenever a boss is killed that we have killed they refer to it as a group of heroe's and you instantly know that was me if you have done it

TL;DR I dont get the difference one just shows the overall story more than another.

Both have their strong points. I enjoy SWTOR for the story and the voice acting. The leveling experience is the most enjoyable I've had in any MMO, even though at most times it might as well be a single player game. However, if it wasn't for the Star Wars brand, I probably wouldn't be bothered. In the end, WoW was here first, and does a lot of things better in my opinion. I prefer WoW mostly for the amount of time I've invested, the community I've immersed myself in, and the style of artwork and play that I personally prefer.

*A bit of background on my experience. I've played WoW on and off from day 1, leveled all the classes to 85, and completed the majority of the end game content. Been in SWToR since beta, leveled a sorc to 50 and cleared nightmare mode.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
    Left both for Rift, am happy.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildofBodom20 View Post
    I'm playing SWTOR right now, but I'll probably atleast try MoP when it comes out. I also played Rift, which was basically WoW with less people and inconvenient world events that nobody did.
    How are they inconvenient, and were you on a shard with low population. I'm on a Medium population shard and world events are always attracting people.

Still subbed to both, at the moment prefer SWTOR. Will be interesting to see how things play out as the MoP beta and ToR patches roll out.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

I'm playing both, despite saying I wouldn't play Wow again, and having a 5 month break (Damn.. should have waited for someone to Scroll of Resurrection me before coming back). I loved Tor. I say it in the past tense, because I don't play it as often as I'd like. The reality is, you play where your friends are, and mine still play Wow. I dabble on Tor everynow and then when time permits.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    I'm currently playing SWTOR, but I'm going back to wow.

although im playing swtor at the moment, like literally afking in a bg right now, i prefer wow alot, ill play mop assuming it doesnt get in the way of me playing gw2

Will this get in before closing of thread?

I'm playing more SWTOR that WoW now, but it's an easy choice: WoW. I've never been as frustrated in WoW as I have been in SWTOR. The reality is that this is KOTOR 3, with a slap-dash mediocre MMO pasted on. Once I'm past all the stories, I'll be going back full time to WoW, with the occassional extensive diversion

such as Diablo III.

Playing tor for now unsubbed to wow. Why is this thread still up?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Please do not create gave vs. game threads

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-here-Threads.