Deleted
    Since HoG got removed there's no reason not to take philo stone as support Shen to be honest.

Guy has 9cs, he isn't going to have any other income outside of masteries(which I doubt he has, prolly 0/21/9) and runes.

Avarice Blade is pointless and Kage's Lucky Pick builds into nothing Shen wants. Shurelyas > Any of the Kage's upgrades. And HP/5 > AP during lane for Shen, specially such small amounts of AP.

I still think just not building any gp10 would be better at that point. If you look at Edward's Thresh, he practically never built any GP10 on him because he scales bad with them and because he can just stack some HP and still be useful. I feel Shen would fall in the same boat.

Edit: the same goes for any non-mana supports or those who's mana is irrelevant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    Since HoG got removed there's no reason not to take philo stone as support Shen to be honest.

Guy has 9cs, he isn't going to have any other income outside of masteries(which I doubt he has, prolly 0/21/9) and runes.

Avarice Blade is pointless and Kage's Lucky Pick builds into nothing Shen wants. Shurelyas > Any of the Kage's upgrades. And HP/5 > AP during lane for Shen, specially such small amounts of AP.
    I have to disagree here.
    Shen can build Twin Shadows out of the Kage's Lucky Pick. Which makes him more tanky, faster, and gives him an active slow that can catch people off guard. It's situational, but at least it's something he can build it into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    I have to disagree here.
    Shen can build Twin Shadows out of the Kage's Lucky Pick. Which makes him more tanky, faster, and gives him an active slow that can catch people off guard. It's situational, but at least it's something he can build it into.
    To add on to this, kage's was an item that was occasionally built on top lane shen if he was ahead in season 2. It kept the whole gp10 thing but gave him a decent amount of damage on vorpal blade and whatever else he has that scales off of AP. It feels weird to get a twin shadows on Shen as opposed to some health or something, but it would be an effective item.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    To add on to this, kage's was an item that was occasionally built on top lane shen if he was ahead in season 2. It kept the whole gp10 thing but gave him a decent amount of damage on vorpal blade and whatever else he has that scales off of AP. It feels weird to get a twin shadows on Shen as opposed to some health or something, but it would be an effective item.
    His 4 spells scale on AP. Back in s2, the taunt didn't do any damage so only 3 spells scaled and it was still a valuable item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    His 4 spells scale on AP. Back in s2, the taunt didn't do any damage so only 3 spells scaled and it was still a valuable item.
    It did damage in season 2 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    It did damage in season 2 lol.
    I don't think it did either.. I'll try to verify this as impressions tend to deceive, please hold...

Okay, so it seems the damage component was added in this patch, so it would have been there for a good portion of season 2.
    Last edited by gamhacked; 2013-06-05 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camo View Post

This is my best win sofar
    Sure its not ranked blaa blaa, but im a new player, and i consider the way i played amumu here to be one of the best ive seen!! (except one time, i bandaged, pressed ulti when i "landed" but the ulti popped where i bandaged from! haha good old serverside lag)

and to answer my question, no nobody honored me even though i basically carried every group fight and did some sweet ganks at the start D
    "wonder if anyone is gonna honor me rofl"

Oh my god that has to be the cheapest and most unsubtle "CAN I PLEASE GET SOME HONOR FOR MY AWESOME PERFORMANCE GUYS???" ever.

For shame.

Deleted
    **Apparently posted to old reply**
    I miss too much of my ultimates with Ezreal (I don't know why, I just go full moron-mode with that ability) to go AP, but blue Ezreal (mainly the kiting portion since you can't build Elder Lizard) is also godlike there. SImply because you can kite endlessly and there is no real "backing" or escaping from him.

Champ select. Team goes "Xin mid? WTF?!"

Malz left after I killed him 5 times in a row. But he put up a hell of a fight though.

My kills Malz 5, Yorick 1, Thresh 1, Lee 2
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I can actually kinda understand how Xin Zhao works mid. If the enemy mid is aggressive and in front, you can just charge over the minions on them, and if they have no escapes, they'll be molested by the physical damage.

It's actually kinda smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I can actually kinda understand how Xin Zhao works mid. If the enemy mid is aggressive and in front, you can just charge over the minions on them, and if they have no escapes, they'll be molested by the physical damage.

It's actually kinda smart.
    I find most, if not all, physical damage champions have a significant advantage over mages in the mid lane. As a caster you just need to play safely, forgo some minions and rely on your greater effectiveness in team fights later.

Yesterday, for example, I was 40 minions behind Caitlyn as Zyra by the 12 minute mark, but I never died. During team fights, I had more influence and since I had enough armor to survive awhile, we won the game.

Deleted
    XZ mid will work up until the point he meets a defensive opponent in mid and a jungler who realizes he has zero escapes.

Died after 20 minutes in ARAM... 9,000 gold is kinda a lot

Q + E combo on Jayce was starting to get weak after 15 minutes though :/ ...he's such a beast champion :>

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    first ranked penta kill yay!
    Videos of gameplay go in the gameplay thread.

edit: another ranked penta in the game following my first one
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2013-06-07 at 01:42 AM.

Been a while since i've had a game like this. Still haven't beaten my 46-10 as akali game though in a normal

Was tired but decided to play 1 ranked before going to sleep.

This game annoyed me. I got FB on Ryze, then gibbed him every time he returned to lane. Fed off him. But he almost lost the game cause the rest of the team kept dying to Singed that Teemo fed. Team fights would go our way and half of Ashes kills came from my damage, she just got the last hit on them, pissed me off. But at least we won.

10+ Year Old Account

I used to hate ashe back when I first hit level 30, I thought she was the worst adc but now Im obsessed with her XD

Still new to Swain. I felt like the harbringer of death!

they surrendered as soon as they could, . Just when I was having fun.
    Last edited by Aherooffools; 2013-06-09 at 09:24 AM.

My first game as Morg mid. Freaking loved it.