Page 34 of 120 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
44
84
... LastLast
  1. #661


    half the game I was crying over how bad my team mates where

  2. #662
    Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Dat AD Teemo makes me want to cry, seriously.

    And yeah, Xin is really fun if you manage to get fed/farmed, but not so if you're losing.

    On topic:
    snip
    ...Korean servers?
    ~ "I'll blow you away... Monado Cyclone!" ~

  3. #663
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    ...Korean servers?
    There are Korean servers, but it's possible to play the game in Korean on other servers if you change the locale file.

    Close your client first, then go to your League of Legends folder (In my case, it's C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\System, and in the System folder, open up the locale.cfg with a text editor such as Notepad. Change the en_US or whichever locale to ko_KR. Restart your client, and voila! You will have to download some updates if you change your locale this way.

    I believe you can use this trick to play in other languages, but I haven't tried any others yet. This trick is also helpful for those who play on foreign servers, (Chinese or Korean, etc.) but want to play in English.

    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    DUDE. Why is everyone speaking in Klingon?!
    Korean actually. Refer to the above if you want to know how to do it.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-12-11 at 10:13 PM.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  4. #664
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Dat AD Teemo makes me want to cry, seriously.

    And yeah, Xin is really fun if you manage to get fed/farmed, but not so if you're losing.

    On topic:

    http://i48.tinypic.com/34ngn6q.jpg
    DUDE. Why is everyone speaking in Klingon?!

  5. #665
    Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    There are Korean servers, but it's possible to play the game in Korean on other servers if you change the locale file.

    Close your client first, then go to your League of Legends folder (In my case, it's C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\System, and in the System folder, open up the locale.cfg with a text editor such as Notepad. Change the en_US or whichever locale to ko_KR. Restart your client, and voila! You will have to download some updates if you change your locale this way.

    I believe you can use this trick to play in other languages, but I haven't tried any others yet. This trick is also helpful for those who play on foreign servers, (Chinese or Korean, etc.) but want to play in English.
    So... are you Korean then? (Or a descendant of some certain asian country)
    Otherwise I'd be rather confused as to why you'd play in Korean.
    ~ "I'll blow you away... Monado Cyclone!" ~

  6. #666
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    So... are you Korean then? (Or a descendant of some certain asian country)
    Otherwise I'd be rather confused as to why you'd play in Korean.
    Yes I am Korean. It's just kinda fun to play games in other languages once you know most or everything about the game in your main language (English).

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  7. #667
    Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Yes I am Korean. It's just kinda fun to play games in other languages once you know most or everything about the game in your main language (English).
    Ah right, you are Korean, sorry if I was prying for information, just showing some interest in others .
    I'm Dutch myself, but I sure as hell wouldn't play the game in Dutch. The thought of it allready makes me shiver.
    "Het eerste bloed is getroffen!" - First Blood!
    "RandomPlayer is niet te stoppen!" - RandomPlayer is Unstoppable!
    ...Just... just no.
    ~ "I'll blow you away... Monado Cyclone!" ~

  8. #668
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,768
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Ah right, you are Korean, sorry if I was prying for information, just showing some interest in others .
    I'm Dutch myself, but I sure as hell wouldn't play the game in Dutch. The thought of it allready makes me shiver.
    "Het eerste bloed is getroffen!" - First Blood!
    "RandomPlayer is niet te stoppen!" - RandomPlayer is Unstoppable!
    ...Just... just no.
    Same with Polish. The voiceovers are absolutely, completely terrible and probably done by hooking up a bunch of students taken off the streets to a mic in exchange for a pizza and beer. The item names sound silly... And I would not want to try and communicate with someone who only knows localized names.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  9. #669
    Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Same with Polish. The voiceovers are absolutely, completely terrible and probably done by hooking up a bunch of students taken off the streets to a mic in exchange for a pizza and beer. The item names sound silly... And I would not want to try and communicate with someone who only knows localized names.
    They haven't released any for the Netherlands, but I hope they never do.
    Deathfire Grasp - Dodenvuurs Greep
    Infinity Edge - Oneindige Rand
    Frozen Heart - Bevroren Hart
    Guardian Angel - Beschermengel
    Even translating them myself makes me facepalm at how it would turn out.
    ~ "I'll blow you away... Monado Cyclone!" ~

  10. #670
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Ah right, you are Korean, sorry if I was prying for information, just showing some interest in others .
    I'm Dutch myself, but I sure as hell wouldn't play the game in Dutch. The thought of it allready makes me shiver.
    "Het eerste bloed is getroffen!" - First Blood!
    "RandomPlayer is niet te stoppen!" - RandomPlayer is Unstoppable!
    ...Just... just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Same with Polish. The voiceovers are absolutely, completely terrible and probably done by hooking up a bunch of students taken off the streets to a mic in exchange for a pizza and beer. The item names sound silly... And I would not want to try and communicate with someone who only knows localized names.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    They haven't released any for the Netherlands, but I hope they never do.
    Deathfire Grasp - Dodenvuurs Greep
    Infinity Edge - Oneindige Rand
    Frozen Heart - Bevroren Hart
    Guardian Angel - Beschermengel
    Even translating them myself makes me facepalm at how it would turn out.
    Then again, I would expect that if Riot implemented a Japanese locale for League (very unlikely though, as MOBA games are not popular in Japan), then people would flock to that like an instant because of the belief that Japanese voices make everything better.

    Seriously, it remind me of those people that say that Japanese voices would make Western Cartoons better...

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  11. #671
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Then again, I would expect that if Riot implemented a Japanese locale for League (very unlikely though, as MOBA games are not popular in Japan), then people would flock to that like an instant because of the belief that Japanese voices make everything better.

    Seriously, it remind me of those people that say that Japanese voices would make Western Cartoons better...
    I don't know about western cartoons, but after having watched so much Anime I probably would not mind japanese voices in LoL. ;D
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  12. #672
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I don't know about western cartoons, but after having watched so much Anime I probably would not mind japanese voices in LoL. ;D
    Yeah, Japanese voices would be kinda doable for League, but trying to imagine My Little Pony being dubbed in Japanese...

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  13. #673
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Yeah, Japanese voices would be kinda doable for League, but trying to imagine My Little Pony being dubbed in Japanese...
    I can understand the hatred for anime dubbed in English (especially since I hate dubbing too ;D), but the problem is not the "English" part but the "dubbing" part. The same would go the opposite way.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  14. #674
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Senkai
    Posts
    5,331
    Actually, Japanese voice actors are pretty good, I find. Just don't get them to try to speak English. Oh my God, the horror.

    Also, I can just imagine the game, or any game, being in Norwegian. You can literally not find a more boring language. I don't know if my fellow Norwegians would agree or not, but it would be horrifying in a lot of ways.

  15. #675
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Actually, Japanese voice actors are pretty good, I find. Just don't get them to try to speak English. Oh my God, the horror.
    Haha, every time a seiyuu speaks a sentence in English for any reason it cracks me up. It's not even on the level of strong accent, it's just... Brilliant, in a sense.

    It's true that voice acting in Japan is great though. The seiyuu display emotions so vividly the voices meld with image of anime characters perfectly. I never got that feeling from any English voiceover.
    Last edited by Caine; 2012-12-11 at 11:39 PM.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  16. #676
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Just don't get them to try to speak English. Oh my God, the horror.
    Been there. Done that.



    First Diana ranked.l ^_^

    Last edited by Pandragon; 2012-12-12 at 09:49 AM.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  17. #677
    Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,546
    Some stuff being said about Ahri being a weak pick, so I went and proved them wrong.

    Kablammo, 3 strikes and out.
    ~ "I'll blow you away... Monado Cyclone!" ~

  18. #678
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    First Diana ranked.l ^_^

    Don't rush a Lichbane. Just get the stone (maybe a Kage's earlier in there, not sure if worth building all the time since nerf), an Abyssal, and then either a Cap or Hourglass depending on the situation usually.

  19. #679
    Garen in the game says "Shyv you better be good"



    My only death was cause the Fid ran away when Kat attacked. Had he stayed we would have killed her.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  20. #680
    Immortal Bombkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA - Boston, MA
    Posts
    6,995


    Tough game here. The enemy kat got 12 kills like 15 minutes in. All seemed lost, but my team all responsibly bought 3 wards each, we lit the entire map up, and picked off separated enemies and eventually came back. I ended up being the last one alive in most teamfights and was forced to take lots of kills, and my friend begged me to build a little damage since I was the only one with much income, hence the Liandry's. So proud of my team. We only had like 2 moves to stop Kat's ult (Urgot's ult and my ult, and SOMETIMES my Q if I was lucky) but we made SURE to save at least one of those spells until Kat showed up and we always stunned Kat and shut her down quickly before she could Penta us. The rest of her team had 0 to 2 kills each so they were easily taken down after the beast (Kat) was slain. Although Sivir got like 6 items near the end and became a huge threat since Kat always died 1st and Siv played cleanup.

    Got move 5 boots since the jungle item has tenacity, then the banshee's veil more some MR and hp (hp makes sej deal more damage) since Kat was the only threat, and then a Frozen Heart for CDR and to stop Sivir who was starting to get tons of kills and became a threat, then Liandry's (HP = damage, and it does more dmg if they're slowed... Sej can perma slow) and then got a giant's belt before our final push for more survivabilty and damage.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2012-12-13 at 09:28 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •